Post-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators at New York Rangers 12/6/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I still find it funny that Brassard is the only guy on the team that can actually scored with an unscreened slapshot but there's no way you'd really think that if you didn't just see him do it.

McIlrath looks pretty good, hope the coach will keep giving him more minutes. He seems solid with the puck and generally makes some good decisions. Dunno, you want to see a bad top ten pick that was mainly made for size, look at Jared Cowen. McIlrath is already better than him. I'm also thinking of other big guys who were drafted for potential, some who seem to be flaming out (Jarred Tinordi) other guys just maybe getting their shot after some previous poor play (Jamie Oleksiak) and am generally happy with McIlrath's development at this point. They need him to be able to play in the lineup regularly next year I think so impressing the coaches now is good
Surprised to see him on the pk but there he was. Did well on it too I may add.

Didn't see him a ton in the 3rd though so he aint out of the woods yet.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
does anyone know what brassard said to the ref that pissed him off so much?

it’s just a long story, he took it personally,” brassard said, again declining to repeat what he said to peel. “i was just trying to be friendly and ask him what he’s up to. It was just kind of weird. “i was just kind of shocked,” brassard added. “he was screaming at me.”

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/rangers_4_senators_1_the_final_words/

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011

Wasn't Peel the ref that got suspended a while back for having drinks with a journalist or something?

EDIT: Yep. Puck Daddy.

23d7e720-abc0-11e4-82a7-33a8b1a3e9e7_Puck-Daddy-and-Peel-MM.jpg

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Does anyone know what Brassard said to the ref that pissed him off so much?

It is very possible that Brass is in the wrong here, but whatever he said, there is no excuse for Peel's behaviour. Being in a position of authority does not give you the right to wag your finger in an adult's face like that. I'm fine with him going for a warning rather than a misconduct penaltty, but the way he went on was totally unprofessional.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
It is very possible that Brass is in the wrong here, but whatever he said, there is no excuse for Peel's behaviour. Being in a position of authority does not give you the right to wag your finger in an adult's face like that. I'm fine with him going for a warning rather than a misconduct penaltty, but the way he went on was totally unprofessional.

Referees are the ultimate league authority in a hockey game. If the league has a problem with his professionalism, they'll let him know. BRASSARD is the one who has to control himself.

Hoffman was unable to control himself with the other ref, Meier, and it led to the game-winning goal for the Rangers.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I think we can survive without Yandle if worst comes to worst. We don't have anyone on the back end with as much pure offensive talent as him, but overall I think we'll be fine. Hopefully McDonagh settles in more on the PP as he's been pretty inconsistent there

Jan 8, 2012
NY
That whole exchange was really weird. At first, Brass and Peel were smiling and talking to each other like everything was going super well. Then we go to commercial and see Peel pretending to be Brassard's parent with that stern finger-wagging.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I think we can survive without Yandle if worst comes to worst. We don't have anyone on the back end with as much pure offensive talent as him, but overall I think we'll be fine. Hopefully McDonagh settles in more on the PP as he's been pretty inconsistent there

Why would we have to? What happened? Is he hurt?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Why would we have to? What happened? Is he hurt?

talking about next year and the possibility of re-signing him.

It's absolutely a no brainer that the team would be better if they can re-sign him but we'll see what moves they can make in order to do so

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Brass looked fresh again last night, but he must have been banged up after/around the Montreal game. Moved oddly for a long time there, played like crap. Sure the kid is streaky, always will be, but he can always handle the puck. Couldn't for a week or two there.

Zucc needs him...

before this game hed been dumping the puck in on rush opportunities at basically every opportunity for weeks.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I doubt it. He has very close ties to Boston. I've met him through a childhood friend of his who preached what a good community leader he is.

Now that he has his pick of where to play, I can imagine he'd like to stay within an accessible commute back to the Boston area.

Gorton is building a quasi Boston haven here. I'd imagine it would be here or Boston where he will ultimately end up.

I could see that too, but I didn't know his background. The thing is I think Boston wants to slightly tank for a bit.

The reason I said the West had to do more with him thriving under open play styles.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Does anyone know what Brassard said to the ref that pissed him off so much?

I think he said something not so nice about the linesman after the linesman mad e a bad judgment call on throwing Moore out of the circle. It's a good thing he didn't seem to say something about the ref. I think he just told him to cool himself.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Wait so our Defense doesn't sucks and isn't a ECHL team? But but but but HF is always right!!!.

Kreider was awesome tonight.

Miller still sucks.

Kreider has been trying hard to be perfect.
The coaching staff gave in, a bit anyway, and let kreider be kreider.
End of problem.
Errors will still come, its called LEARNING
But so will the +++s

Miller needs the same treatment.

Also, trade the vets
more minutes to the survivors

AND STABILIZE THE LINES W/OUT CONSTANT LINE SHIFT CHANGES

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
talking about next year and the possibility of re-signing him.

It's absolutely a no brainer that the team would be better if they can re-sign him but we'll see what moves they can make in order to do so

Thanks, you scared me for a second. I didn't have time to read all the post.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Referees are the ultimate league authority in a hockey game. If the league has a problem with his professionalism, they'll let him know. BRASSARD is the one who has to control himself.

Hoffman was unable to control himself with the other ref, Meier, and it led to the game-winning goal for the Rangers.

I don't disagree with any of this. That doesn't change my opinion that the way Peel carried himself here was unacceptable. Being the "Ultimate league authority" on the ice comes with a certain responsibility. Yelling at someone to get a message through and to give a final warning before a misconduct is one thing, the finger pointing and yelling over an extended period of time is no way to act towards another human being, let alone one you have authority over.

It's obviously not a big deal, but it did not look good.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I don't disagree with any of this. That doesn't change my opinion that the way Peel carried himself here was unacceptable. Being the "Ultimate league authority" on the ice comes with a certain responsibility. Yelling at someone to get a message through and to give a final warning before a misconduct is one thing, the finger pointing and yelling over an extended period of time is no way to act towards another human being, let alone one you have authority over.

It's obviously not a big deal, but it did not look good.
I wasn't able to see all of the game last night but it sounds as if he got unglued. VERY unprofessional for a ref.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Rangers absolutely have to lock Yandle up long term or move him at the deadline...cant have a #1 defenseman walk for nothing in the offseason...horrendous asset management if they do.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Loved the Kreider-Lindberg-Nash line. Generated a ton.

Want to see them more.

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
Brassard got his glove knocked off by a slash from one of the Sens players right behind the goal, whilst jumping up against the back board to stop the puck. Which wasnt called, and then right after, Zucc was knocked on his knees right infront of the goal. I think thats why Brassard said something to the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad