Post-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators at New York Rangers 12/6/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I still find it funny that Brassard is the only guy on the team that can actually scored with an unscreened slapshot but there's no way you'd really think that if you didn't just see him do it.

McIlrath looks pretty good, hope the coach will keep giving him more minutes. He seems solid with the puck and generally makes some good decisions. Dunno, you want to see a bad top ten pick that was mainly made for size, look at Jared Cowen. McIlrath is already better than him. I'm also thinking of other big guys who were drafted for potential, some who seem to be flaming out (Jarred Tinordi) other guys just maybe getting their shot after some previous poor play (Jamie Oleksiak) and am generally happy with McIlrath's development at this point. They need him to be able to play in the lineup regularly next year I think so impressing the coaches now is good

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Meanwhile the Rangers were roasted on here after losing the second night of a back to back against Colorado after that tough game and emotional game against the isles.

The Rangers are also like 15-3-1 in their last 19 in that situation and were 15-1-1. I'm sorry that is a lame excuse. Every team plays back to backs because that game went a couple of minutes over doesn't make a difference either. When will Rangers fans give their team credit when they play well?

RangersOwnNewYork*

The Rangers are also like 15-3-1 in their last 19 in that situation and were 15-1-1. I'm sorry that is a lame excuse. Every team plays back to backs because that game went a couple of minutes over doesn't make a difference either. When will Rangers fans give their team credit when they play well?

A poster was saying he wasn't impressed because Ottawa had played the night before. My point was you can't have it both ways by roasting them when they lose and not giving them credit when they win.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sorry guys, I'm just not that impressed :dunno:

Maybe it's the past month and a half of playing horrible hockey or the latest ugly losing streak, but it's going to take some time for me to think this team is a contender again. This is the first game in quite a while that hasn't made me think that this team would be dead meat in the first round. String a couple more wins like this together :)

Barb, it took me a couple of read throughs of your post to understand what you were trying to say. Please, it gets worse after the werewolf bite ;)

No one is asking you to call them a contender but if you're going to trash them when they play poorly, the least you can do is give them credit when they play well. The negativity on these boards is mind boggling. I'm far from a "Rangers can do no wrong" fan, but a lot of people on this board are "Rangers can do no right" fans.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I was sitting in the lounges again tonight. Great effort by the team tonight after that slow start. Holy hell McIlrath has a cannon of a shot.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
A poster was saying he wasn't impressed because Ottawa had played the night before. My point was you can't have it both ways by roasting them when they lose and not giving them credit when they win.

I know what you're saying and I agree with you. I was bringing in another argument why his post was off base, not disagreeing with you. :cheers:

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Any chance he becomes our Paryako? How different are the two guys?

I know next to nothing about parayko other than he's having a hell of a year. Having a birds eye view of McIlrath in the corner with the puck and having people come in to try and take it from him and bounce off of him was great to see. This kid is just so strong and his mind for the game seems to be catching up for him, he needs to keep playing to get fully acclimated imo.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You can't even give them credit for playing well in a game? If they played like **** you'd be trashing them. It's amazing how one sided this board is. At least be consistent.

They didn't play that well imo.

Kinda my whole point.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I was sitting in the lounges again tonight. Great effort by the team tonight after that slow start. Holy hell McIlrath has a cannon of a shot.

I can't believe how loud the boards were on the shots he took that went wide... It was insanity...

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Yeah, the third was a great period.

It's unfortunate there are two other periods in hockey

Both teams sleepwalked through the first 8 minutes of play. Then the Rangers scored their first pp goal and found their legs. Lundqvist didn't see any really threatening chances through all of the first period until the very end with that little flurry. 2nd period was definitely tilted towards Ottawa but the team defended incredibly well all night. I'm not really seeing any substance to your stance that they didn't play well tonight, sorry.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zucc with only 1 point in last 7 games. Not very good.... Definetely hitting a cold streak.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Zucc with only 1 point in last 7 games. Not very good.... Definetely hitting a cold streak.

Brass looked fresh again last night, but he must have been banged up after/around the Montreal game. Moved oddly for a long time there, played like crap. Sure the kid is streaky, always will be, but he can always handle the puck. Couldn't for a week or two there.

Zucc needs him...

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Talk about the game, not about whether the result of the game leaves other posters happy or sad...

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

200.gif

JerseyRangers*

that was more rongo like

well played game.

hank was excellent tonight.

loved mcilraths game. I'm thinking there just might be a grilled crow in my future

Ok who stole offdacrossbar's account? Anyway, all Rangers fans should start being happy that we have McWrath. Come playoff time he is going to be a difference maker.

The only thing scarier would be if The Mouth came on here and wrote something nice about McWrath. Nevermind, that would require objectively watching a Rangers game and that will never happen. :yo:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yandle won't be a Ranger though in 2016.
I tend to agree. I do not really see how they can afford him. Not unless they find a way to move either Girardi or Staal and NOT take any money back. Even then, they need cash space for the likes of Hayes, Miller & Krieder.

Back to the game and the focus on D, great to see McD have such a game. Hopefully him and Girardi are rounding into form. Maybe it was just taking them that much time to recover from off season surgery/injuries. Hopefully the same can be said of Staal. Thought that Big Mac had another strong game. Just looking for him to keep building. There will be steps back, but as long as he keeps building out the general foundation, he is working himself into the family portrait. Is it just me or is his shot very underrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia