GDT: Ottawa Senators at Detroit Red Wings - 7PM - CITY / TVAS2 - Ridly me this, Catman! (Ridly Greig Returns to the Cat-house)

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
As a Wings fan I don't think DET isn't planning on jumping Stützle, for crying out loud. Anyone that thinks Joesph hit to the neck/behind the ear area was 'glancing' and shouldn't hurt doesn't understand physics... I'm not sure Joesph even meant to hit Larkin like that, but still can't hit head/neck area and with him specifically it's been more than one time. Larkins already threw a hay-maker at him for high hits.

My GF immediately thought he passed out because she seen it in her work(Chiropractor) when someone's got their neck done and passed out from certain cracks/movements.

Wings will likely make Joesph droppem for that. It'll likely be Kostin, cause he's the only real physical player on the team outside of Seider and... Seider don't fight. I don't think Joesph can take Kostin... but whatever won't even matter. And that'll be that after. Anyone that's played higher hockey on here understand why.

JUST in the same breath I say that about Joesph... MacEwen or someone should be lined up for Perron, on the Senators for the same reasons. As a Wings fan I wasn't pumped to see what Perron did. Stick as a weapon is RIDCULOUS. I thought double digit games was in-order for his suspension. You guys gotta make him answer the bell.(imo).

This isn't going to evolve into the Red Wings/Avalanche rivalry, mostly because Joesph didn't do what he did maliciously, but... it is turning into a rivalry. Which is fun! ( I've been in the abiss for years as a Wings fan! )

Red Wings ARE NOT a big team. They aren't going to stroll in and try to bully anyone. Might be more physical and finish checks, but lets get realistic here. They ain't bully many.
Joseph already answered the Bell, during the game.
lol with the double negative on Stutzle.
Kostin isn’t jumping him lol, heavy weights go after each other, if he does you’ll end up with Tkachuk or McKewen going after Kane or DBC.
Teams will be warned by the League before the game.
You could of posted in the mains.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Has anyone posted the YouTube Doctors explanation of the Larkin injury, that I posted earlier (page 47) on the Detroit board?

It pretty much shows that the “Hits” to the head, although not innocuous, but were much more glancing than direct hits to his head.

this was posted on the main board thread. Lots of Detroit fans have seen this

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Has anyone posted the YouTube Doctors explanation of the Larkin injury, that I posted earlier (page 47) on the Detroit board?

It pretty much shows that the “Hits” to the head, although not innocuous, but were much more glancing than direct hits to his head.

Thanks for posting this. Very informative as to what might have happened to Larkin.

My dog ignored me when I asked her. She's a Devils fan ,, can't explain it

vermin
You better send your dog to obedience school!

PS: I would like to send my wife to obedience school too. :)

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I don't think it's a coincidence that DJ mentioned they tinkered with the system a week or two ago which kind of coincidences with when Jacques was working with the team unnoficially.
I'm not disputing they had some practices on defensive coverage a couple of weeks ago. My main point was that Martin and Alfie go to the locker room after each period to discuss what they saw, what needs to be fixed, etc. That could help explain why they seem to be improving each game even though they are not currently practicing due to their heavy schedule IMO.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I'm not disputing they had some practices on defensive coverage a couple of weeks ago. My main point was that Martin and Alfie go to the locker room after each period to discuss what they saw, what needs to be fixed, etc. That could help explain why they seem to be improving each game even though they are not currently practicing due to their heavy schedule IMO.
I was agreeing with your original post and just added to it.

My bad if it came off differently.

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
Like homeless dudes are tough. Meh

Alan Walsh sure made (more of) an ass out of himself.

I'm not quite sure what his angle is. He doesn't appear to offer anything to clients with the exception of creating unwanted drama for no reason. Is he going after an NHLPA gig? There has to be some type of explanation for the garbage he's been spewing for the last couple years. I know he seems like an idiot but I don't believe he's dumb.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't think that will happen. It undermines the coaching staff. Communication has to flow through DJ in a game. In a classroom or in practice is different

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad