GDT: Ottawa Senators at Columbus Blue Jackets | 12/1 7:00 PM | Korpi returns

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Didn’t watch. Can someone explain what the hell was up with the ice time spread? Danforth 20 minutes? Voronkov 9??

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Didn’t watch. Can someone explain what the hell was up with the ice time spread? Danforth 20 minutes? Voronkov 9??

We were on the PK for a very long time. Danforth had about 5 minutes on the PK.

Voronkov should play more, this was his first game at center so maybe the coach is going to start trusting him more.

Reactions: We Want Ten

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
We were on the PK for a very long time. Danforth had about 5 minutes on the PK.

Voronkov should play more, this was his first game at center so maybe the coach is going to start trusting him more.
Don't forget Fantilli's line, which is improving, and not just because of Danforth moving.

We have a tough schedule ahead of us. If we don't accelerate pace, we can lose games unnecessarily.

Vincent said he wasn't happy with their ice-tine and that he wanted to give them more in the 3rd period. O.K. so but why did Jenner's line play so much at 5 on 5?

Last edited:

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Watching highlights, I'm not sure how the first goal is solely on Laine, there is no need for Werenski to be sitting on Laine's ass as a D there.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I’d just like to say, whether in regards to an individual player, or the team overall as a whole, it’s always been both fascinating and ridiculous to me how so many people make such broad evaluations and concrete statements, both good and bad, after such a small sample size.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I’d just like to say, whether in regards to an individual player, or the team overall as a whole, it’s always been both fascinating and ridiculous to me how so many people make such broad evaluations and concrete statements, both good and bad, after such a small sample size.
"Opinions for me, not for thee"

Never change, man

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Perusing the thread now next morning and that struck me on the video too. Man I miss Matty Calvert.
When I started following the CBJ, guys like Calvert, Dorsett, MacKenzie, Foligno and Dubinsky made watching the team enjoyable even when they weren't very good.

Kuraly is the only current roster player who comes even close to being the same style of player as these guys. And I'm one who thinks the game is diminished because of the dearth of these type of players.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I'm definitely happy for the win and happy that Elvis is playing well.

That said, this whole 'sit back and protect' strategy when they have the lead really sucks. Letting an opponent get 40 shots is simply unacceptable.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I'm definitely happy for the win and happy that Elvis is playing well.

That said, this whole 'sit back and protect' strategy when they have the lead really sucks. Letting an opponent get 40 shots is simply unacceptable.
Most of their shots were in the first half of the first period

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Most of their shots were in the first half of the first period
This is untrue.

Shots were:
1st: Ottawa 16 - Columbus 11
2nd: 11 - 5
3rd: 16 - 7
Total: 43 - 23

They allowed 16 shots in the 3rd period while trying to protect the lead.

And it is clearly visible why - When protecting the lead they just form up in the center of the ice and swing their sticks back and forth like they're killing a penalty. When they do get the puck, they just look to clear the zone as opposed to send a play in transition. And our centers are way too passive - they need to constantly be looking to close the gap and pressure the puck carrier in all situations. That's what teams do to us and it works.

Last edited:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
When I started following the CBJ, guys like Calvert, Dorsett, MacKenzie, Foligno and Dubinsky made watching the team enjoyable even when they weren't very good.

Kuraly is the only current roster player who comes even close to being the same style of player as these guys. And I'm one who thinks the game is diminished because of the dearth of these type of players.

There are players I have told my kids to watch over the years — they are the guys that play with passion like Calvert. I never told my kids to watch Rick Nash or RyJo.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad