GDT: Ottawa Senators at Columbus Blue Jackets | 12/1 7:00 PM | Korpi returns

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
:cbj Vs :sens

CBJ actually face a team with less points and it’s a matchup of the two worst eastern conference teams based on points earned but Ottawa somehow has 7 games in hand to CBJ so the current points are deceiving.

This game marks the first return of Joonas Korpisalo to Nationwide Arena.

Also:

:cbj Projected Lineup (subject to change)

Johnny Gaudreau – Boone Jenner – Kent Johnson
Yegor Chinakhov – Dmitri Voronkov – Kirill Marchenko
Patrik Laine – Adam Fantilli – Justin Danforth
Alexandre Texier – Sean Kuraly – Mathieu Olivier

Zach Werenski – Adam Boqvist
Ivan Provorov – David Jiricek
Jake Bean – Erik Gudbranson

Elvis Merzlikins
Spencer Martin

Looks like KJ jumps from the AHL straight to the top line and we also featuring an all Russian line with Voronkov debuting at C

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
After the last game, I was thinking I wouldn't watch this one, even if I slept in the next day. But the lines convinced me. I'm curious to see the Russian trio, especially Voronkov at center, how Danforth will play with Laine and Fantilli (Justin played with creative forwards in the KHL) and also how much Johnson has improved.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
After the last game, I was thinking I wouldn't watch this one, even if I slept in the next day. But the lines convinced me. I'm curious to see the Russian trio, especially Voronkov at center, how Danforth will play with Laine and Fantilli (Justin played with creative forwards in the KHL) and also how much Johnson has improved.
At least Voronkov now can actually communicate with line mates on the ice :D

Reactions: VT

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Wasn’t really planning to do much with this game but someone I know didn’t want to go so gave me tix for free. So guess another evening spent on this team. Hopefully KJ comes in hard. Probably need to pre-load on beer since I’m not driving haha.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Gave away my tickets to this game as well. Hopefully that spurs another win like with me giving away my Boston tickets earlier this week.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
At least Voronkov now can actually communicate with line mates on the ice :D
Imagine how the kid whose parents were born in Czechoslovakia will feel being the only non-Russian on the ice if he and Provorov match up with that line.

Tonight is my best friend's birthday so I am sadly not seeing my favorite goalie in person. We will be enjoying Marcella's happy hour instead.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Imagine this for a Korpi tribute...video starts with Elvis giving up 5 or 6 goals and the video flips to Korpi making save after save...

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I'm excited about these lines. The Russian three (or four) get together, hopefully there's some more chemistry there. Danforth is interesting with Laine and Fantilli, like mentioned above he's got more skill than we sometimes give him credit for, so this could be a sneaky good line. I probably said the same about Texier on that line though, and that didn't quite translate even if it should've been a good match on paper. Gotta keep trying until something clicks...

Reactions: majormajor

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'm excited about these lines. The Russian three (or four) get together, hopefully there's some more chemistry there. Danforth is interesting with Laine and Fantilli, like mentioned above he's got more skill than we sometimes give him credit for, so this could be a sneaky good line. I probably said the same about Texier on that line though, and that didn't quite translate even if it should've been a good match on paper. Gotta keep trying until something clicks...
We've had lines click and had to break them up in an attempt to get the guys who should be leading the charge going

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Look at Jody and Rimmer not asking the obvious about PP.

They seem to think that Laine just needs to make it happen, and I guess he has to make it work from RD position on PP

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Ugh, Laine you can't do that. Somebody needs to tell him to stop trying to get over the blue line, he loses it every damn time. I'd argue he's fine in almost every other situation but trying to take the puck over the offensive blue line is just not working for him.

1-0 OTT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad