GDT: Ottawa Senators at Colorado Avalanche - 9PM - TSN5/RDS1 - Coming down the mountain fast

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
so when DJ said it, it was letting players off the hook, creating an environment of excuses instead of holding players accountable, but when Martin says it, suddenly that's no longer the case, because that's no longer how you hold players accountable, it's somehow different now.

It was never about what DJ said, that's obvious when we have posters like yourself outraged that I pointed out they said the same thing. DJ acknowledging injuries or bounces was never the problem despite people complaining about it.
This is a weird and strange thing to pick at and say ‘gotcha DJ haters!’ The problem was DJ never tried to address any of the other glaring fundamental issues (or at least didn’t get the results he wanted). His in-game management was non-existent and so yeah if you parrot out the same ol’ BS excuse for the 100th time, you’re now clearly not taking any accountability publicly. The best we saw was ‘the boys were not ready to play and that’s on me’ how many times did we hear that?

Maybe the first time DJ blamed bounces and injuries was true. Maybe the 100th time also it was true. But he made those the main reasons (even up to his final interview), I didn’t see Jacques say those were the causes but just pointing out that the team played a close game and it was lost because of a game of inches (and the PK not stopping a beach ball)

Just not the same. When Jacques blames ‘bounces’ for the 100th time, and we don’t acknowledge it, then yes you got us, bravo.

Reactions: Bileur

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is a weird and strange thing to pick at and say ‘gotcha DJ haters!’ The problem was DJ never tried to address any of the other glaring fundamental issues (or at least didn’t get the results he wanted). His in-game management was non-existent and so yeah if you parrot out the same ol’ BS excuse for the 100th time, you’re now clearly not taking any accountability publicly. The best we saw was ‘the boys were not ready to play and that’s on me’ how many times did we hear that?

Maybe the first time DJ blamed bounces and injuries was true. Maybe the 100th time also it was true. But he made those the main reasons (even up to his final interview), I didn’t see Jacques say those were the causes but just pointing out that the team played a close game and it was lost because of a game of inches (and the PK not stopping a beach ball)

Just not the same. When Jacques blames ‘bounces’ for the 100th time, and we don’t acknowledge it, then yes you got us, bravo.
It amazes me that some will defend that it's ok for one person to say it but not another, and see nothing wrong with that, yet here we are.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
so when DJ said it, it was letting players off the hook, creating an environment of excuses instead of holding players accountable, but when Martin says it, suddenly that's no longer the case, because that's no longer how you hold players accountable, it's somehow different now.

It was never about what DJ said, that's obvious when we have posters like yourself outraged that I pointed out they said the same thing. DJ acknowledging injuries or bounces was never the problem despite people complaining about it.
It was definitely about what DJ said. Not about the bounces and the injuries but obviously wasn't a great teacher.

Whatever DJ was saying wasn't getting it done. My guess is Martin is not going to put the cart in front of the horse and yell at his team for mistakes that he has not yet had time to address. this is nice guy Martin, getting to know the players and get that professional back and forth.

Then when he teaches the players will be more perceptive.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It amazes me that some will defend that it's ok for one person to say it but not another, and see nothing wrong with that, yet here we are.

Every coach uses the term “bounces, living to fight another day, effort was there” just one coach had the trust of the fan base and the other was a good guy but never showed the city he had what it takes.

DJ’s best thing was empowering the young locker room. Tactically he didn’t show us much, but culture wise he did a good job of creating a cohesive locker room

Reactions: swiftwin

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It was definitely about what DJ said. Not about the bounces and the injuries but obviously wasn't a great teacher.

Whatever DJ was saying wasn't getting it done. My guess is Martin is not going to put the cart in front of the horse and yell at his team for mistakes that he has not yet had time to address. this is nice guy Martin, getting to know the players and get that professional back and forth.

Then when he teaches the players will be more perceptive.
When the players listen, heed, and play as Jacques want them to, they will get ice time. When they don't, they won't. The message will be clear.

Reactions: Norris4Norris

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The first time DJ said it. We were all like “yeah maybe”. After 5 years it got old and was clear bad bounces don’t happen for that long to one team only.

If we lose a shit ton and look bad doing it and Martin is bitching about bounces and injuries I will call him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad