Post-Game Talk: Ottawa lose 3-2 in OT against Vancouver

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Mendes talked a bit about the Sens D on 1200 today. I think he has an article coming out on some of those decisions coming.
He did mention losing Demelo for a 3rd then going out and getting Brown and Gudbranson for a 4th and a 5th ... obvious downgrades. Heck Hainsey is a fair bit better than these guys imo... Reilly , although not as good perhaps could be this year's Demelo .. Ship him off get a what 4th? And assuming they move on from Wolanin , that leaves you with Chabot and Brannstrom .. Any bets on the quality of D Dorion brings in to fill in and lead the troops
Yeah, losing Gudbranson or Reilly isn't the same as losing DeMelo. I won't lose sleep over it. We even still have J. Brown and Coburn as depth. Then there's also JBD who should get some games this year to get his feet wet.

I hope we don't lose Wolanin, cause I'm not sure who you replace him with. We need him at least another year till Sanderson is ready to contribute. For next year we should definitely aim higher than Gudbranson:

Chabot - FA <- without a good FA acquisition, our defense looks very sketchy again in 2021-22
Wolanin - Zub
Brannstrom - Zaitsev
(J. Brown - JBD)

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Cmooooon we gotta read way to much in to these comments and create a goalie controversy like the Tugnutt and Rhodes days! We have the right jerseys for it.

remind me what was the controversy with those two? I know they basically split a lot of games, Tugnutt I thought was the better goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad