Rumor: Ottawa looking to add bottom 6 centre

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
It’s Adam Henrique.

If he didn’t have the extra term and half the salary he’d be perfect. Might be a candidate to pump and dump, haven’t seen that happen in awhile in the NHL.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
It won't be anyone good. This is to try and marginally upgrade Gambrell. Think Derek Grant, not Miller. Secondly, Ottawa like has zero interest whatsoever in anyone with more than a 1M cap hit next season for cap reasons, so guys with term are out.

That said, this late in the season, with as much cap room as Ottawa has, they're likely bargain shopping for whatever overpaid 3rd line center is out there on a 1 year term that no one else can take on.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Have these Turcotte rumors been said by anyone other than Pagnotta saying that teams have asked about him?

I don’t understand how a team asking about a player makes it a rumor. Teams could ask about Columbus trading their 1st round pick, doesn’t mean anything.

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
With how important the playoffs are to that organization financially I love that they're buying. They've been so solid the last 6 weeks. Would be huge for that organization to squeeze into a playoff spot.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Didn't they already pick up Brassard for this purpose?
They signed Brassard in the offseason as a 13th forward. Then they lost their #1 center in the first few games and Brassard stepped up big time. He's not primarily playing center for Ottawa, he's playing LW and helping with some draws. Right now, Ottawa is looking to upgrade Gambrell on the third line to give them a better shot at the playoffs.

Probably gonna get Derek Grant or something
The only reason I'm hesitant about guys like Grant and Namestnikov is that their contracts are so reasonable, they should return something decent in the way of assets from someone else.. Whereas Ottawa is likely bargain shopping after having to dump Zaitsev and acquiring Chychrun.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I don't see why some are saying term is an issue so long as the guy is cheap. Sens bottom 6 has been bad and they need to upgrade on Kelly and Gambrell. Next year the bottom 6 likely features some combo of Joseph, Kastelic, Greig, Pinto and Gauthier.

I'd be looking for a guy who can play wing and centre on a <2.5M deal.

Reactions: NB613 and hn777

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Jason Dickinson has had good bounce back year with Hawks

Could be good add by Sens and shouldn't cost more than mid round pick

To :sens
C Jason Dickinson

To :hawks
Lightnign 2024 4th round pick

Last edited: