Post-Game Talk: Ottawa Karlssons @ Washington Carlsons 7:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
for petes sake, a team with 16 wins is a bad team now?
who is good then? only 5 teams have more wins then 16 in nhl

Every team but 1 other is a bad team. I guess that's the price you have to pay for being 2nd in the league in points.

Keep sucking Caps

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I'll said it again: everyone from Ovechkin to Leonsis must do something about this situation, unless we want to get penalized for clean checks all year.

Good win against a bad opponent.

Ovechkin deserves being sat for his effort.

So what is our REAL record now guys? Anyone have it on-hand?

Also, for whoever is in charge of keeping track of our REAL record and REAL stats, make sure not to count any of the goals or assists from tonight, since it wasn't a REAL win.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
So what is our REAL record now guys? Anyone have it on-hand?

Also, for whoever is in charge of keeping track of our REAL record and REAL stats, make sure not to count any of the goals or assists from tonight, since it wasn't a REAL win.

Dude, the wins don't count unless there's at least a 4 goal differential and we chase out the other goalie :sarcasm:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
trotz says getting mad at refs is pointless at that time. they worried about the pk and he says that shows that they have matured

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
What is the deal with the witch hunt on Wilson? Good lord..

If Wilson had thrown Oshie's hit on Bennett the other night he would have been kicked out of the game. This reminds me of how they used to troll Ov's hits

Make no mistake about it. The league office preps these Caps game refs to call Wilson close and to try and throttle him back. I am certain that they have talked to MacLellan and told him to tell the kid to cool his jets some.

So. yea I would not be afraid to call this a witch hunt. The thing is that they are getting to wear they ding him for stuff that is unjustified more than actual good calls. at some point they are going to have to call off the dogs

Sep 19, 2008
Dude at the game everyone was pissed and it was obvious he didn't do ****. Listen he was just chilling and got slammed to the boards. Then he got dragged down, literally horse collared down into the pile. He didn't do ****. It was so stupid.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Caps played a near perfect game, refs robbed Holtby of the shutout tonight. Really happy with the effort tonight, shame it ended the way it did.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I want to see Trotz rip the refs so badly there but he did the right thing. Tim Peele has shown how hurt they get on video. This absolutely needs to be addressed at the management level though. Completely unacceptable.

Dude at the game everyone was pissed and it was obvious he didn't do ****. Listen he was just chilling and got slammed to the boards. Then he got dragged down, literally horse collared down into the pile. He didn't do ****. It was so stupid.
If Instigator isn't called there it needs to come off the books. No point in having it when it isn't called on text book situations of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
He's spot on. Trotz won't make the situation better by yelling. This is GMBM's task to file a complaint to the league, with video evidence.

We've been waiting for nearly a year for this to happen. Maybe it has, but if so then it was ineffective.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Gonna say this right here right now, forget Tom Wilsons points. He's an impact player. He changes games, tonight the NHL chose to punish him for being a clean effective hitter but whatever..the guy is a game changer and he's everything we've been missing as a franchise since the 98 Cup run. We haven't had the Chief or Killer or a Simon or whoever your nostalgia ass kicker is in a long time. Fear us. We're coming :)

GO CAPS GO

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Gonna say this right here right now, forget Tom Wilsons points. He's an impact player. He changes games, tonight the NHL chose to punish him for being a clean effective hitter but whatever..the guy is a game changer and he's everything we've been missing as a franchise since the 98 Cup run. We haven't had the Chief or Killer or a Simon or whoever your nostalgia ass kicker is in a long time. Fear us. We're coming :)

GO CAPS GO

I am coming around to this. He is playing a role - checking line/agitator.

This team really does have it all, and Wilson adds another weapon in Trotz's arsenal. The good thing about Wilson is he seems very much under control. He's not just taking dumb penalties out of anger. He's making the other team angry and taking them off their game at times.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Wilson saying all right word in his presser. Such a class. Wanted Trotz to address that, but after watching the Sens' coach interview, I'm happy that Trotz was civil.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I am coming around to this. He is playing a role - checking line/agitator.

Whats even better is that Wilson is an agitator that will actually answer the bell when the time comes. He doesn't run and hide like a Avery, Cookie or Marchand did/do. So an agitator we can be proud of. :laugh:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Caps played a near perfect game, refs robbed Holtby of the shutout tonight. Really happy with the effort tonight, shame it ended the way it did.

Amen....garbage call on Wilson. Shoulder to shoulder checks to the puck carrier are now banned in the NHL. Shame....Shame!

nhvt1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad