Proposal: Ottawa-Colorado

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
What do you Avs fans project Jost as and how do you value him? just trying to see what you guys think about him.
Took a step back this season, but overall value him very high. Ive heard next captain already if/when Landy departs. Plus we still have high hopes for his on ice potential.

2c behind MacKinnon would be ideal. Played on the 1PP with the big boys all season.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
What do you Avs fans project Jost as and how do you value him? just trying to see what you guys think about him.

Our boards sorta split on him. Half of us see him as a winger and half see him as a C. I personally think he’s more of a winger and ends up a 2nd line version of Parise. He had a bit of a rough start to the year and started looking a lot more comfortable at the end of the season.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Any way to get Tyson Jost in there for a signed EK?

Sens 1st
Jost
Timmins

for

Signed Karlsson

I just don't see the point for the Avs. We have Barrie, who had the 2nd highest PPG among D in the league last year, and who is both younger and less expensive than Karlsson. Why are we giving up this many good young assets to try to moderately upgrade one of the positions where we already have someone really good, instead of trying to fill areas where we still have gaping holes?

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
No offence but why even make this post? There's literally no chance Karlsson gets less than $10M.
That is the point. If he takes a sweetheart deal of some sorts so we (the Avs) can maximize the contracts that Rantanen, Jost, Makar, Timmins, Barrie, etc get then lets bring him in. If he cripples us so we have to let a ton of guys go, then nope.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I just don't see the point for the Avs. We have Barrie, who had the 2nd highest PPG among D in the league last year, and who is both younger and less expensive than Karlsson. Why are we giving up this many good young assets to try to moderately upgrade one of the positions where we already have someone really good, instead of trying to fill areas where we still have gaping holes?
Because it is Erik Karlsson. If you have a chance to get a player of his caliber, you do it. Points wise, sure, Barrie is close, but as an overall Dman, he isn't in EK's stratosphere. Is EK worth the $ he is going to get? That is what is arguable.

Plus, in a perfect world, we keep Barrie somehow as well throughout this.

darthwispy

Jun 8, 2017
In a similar way to when Ottawa was trading for Duchene, I will say just like how Sens fans constantly said Chabot and Colin White were untouchable. Jost and Makar are untouchable.

darthwispy

Jun 8, 2017
It is the same situation, our top forward prospect that has not entirely established himself yet, and our top defence prospect that has not established himself in the NHL yet, only difference is it is trading for a 1D instead of the 1C that Ottawa was trying to get. plenty of other prospects that the Avs could offer same as when the shoe was on the other foot.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
It is the same situation, our top forward prospect that has not entirely established himself yet, and our top defence prospect that has not established himself in the NHL yet, only difference is it is trading for a 1D instead of the 1C that Ottawa was trying to get. plenty of other prospects that the Avs could offer same as when the shoe was on the other foot.
Very true, but Karlsson is more in the realms of Malkin if were comparing apples to oranges where Duchene is like Justin Faulk. I feel like you're willing to open the vault a bit more for a player like Karlsson if the money makes sense.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Jost isn't untouchable, but you'll have to treat his value as much higher than it is to make it happen, imo

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Avs fans are hilarious.
goodfellas.jpg

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
In a similar way to when Ottawa was trading for Duchene, I will say just like how Sens fans constantly said Chabot and Colin White were untouchable. Jost and Makar are untouchable.

difference is you wont get Karlsson without your top assets

although there is zero legit link to the Avs so I dont get the discussion

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If the pick was still Ottawas, it would be untouchable. So why should Avs consider moving it? It's not less valuable because another team has it.

Ottawa gets that pick is if they hand over the 4th overall pick Friday. It's up to them really.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
The only joke in this thread is the franchise you cheer for....
savage.png

Avs fans are hilarious.
People expect that we will give premium assets for EK when RHD is basically our strongest position. Why keep throwing us Karlsson like he is an absolute need for us when he's not. Don't get me wrong I like Karlsson very much but if he was a winger then ok I'm buying.

This explain very much exactly what I am thinking too.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Karlsson is miles ahead of any Avs defenseman. One "gaping hole" the Avs have is lack of a true #1 D, which Karlsson would fill.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Took a step back this season, but overall value him very high. Ive heard next captain already if/when Landy departs. Plus we still have high hopes for his on ice potential.

2c behind MacKinnon would be ideal. Played on the 1PP with the big boys all season.

Took a step back ? He played his first full season in the NHL as a 19 year old. Started off with a injury that didn't help to get going. Just turned 20. People are expecting that he should have had a 80 pt season this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad