Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Calgary, Friday Oct. 28 9:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not sure... last 2 games Elliot played well. Still, would be nice to see a win.

That means he is due to stink it up. ;)Elliot does not have a history of sustained success - why do you think that the Blues kept trying to replace him every playoff series? Good starter on a top defensive team, but I think he's going to struggle playing 60+ games and being "the guy" in Calgary.

My only concern with this one is matchups - I'm nervous about seeing Johnny Hockey matched up against our third pair with Calgary having last change. Overall, though, our lineup is definitely deeper than Calgary's - if both teams play their best hockey we win this one. Just need a split in Alberta and this will have been a successful trip...

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Interesting what our line up will look like and who is the "top" line, 2nd, 3rd etc for match ups. Pageau's group always makes noise. And Dzingel sure looked comfortable with Brassard.

J0sh

Jul 12, 2015
Hoffman will request to kill penalties just for this game, Then proceed to score 3 short handed goals while staring down Dave Cameron.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Calgary will be a bit tougher than Van ,they have some good pieces .Plus JG will be at home ,and he just dominates there .Need to keep him in check :nod:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
A 3-wins trip would be a massive confidence builder

GO SENS GO
One game at a time ,these next two will be far tougher.Calgary is at home ,and what little offense they have seems to dominate there.EDM will be a huge test ,tons of speed and skill in their forward ranks .Their defense can be beaten though

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hoffman will request to kill penalties just for this game, Then proceed to score 3 short handed goals while staring down Dave Cameron.

I dont understand why people think he would dislike Cameron. His icetime and role went up after firing maclean

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I loved how Flames fans were exactly like us upon acquiring Chiasson. They look at his build and occasional flashes and dream that they will be the ones to extract the potential from him. After all, he does look the part of a classic power forward. ("Looks good getting off the bus" as my father likes to say.) Too bad he has zero hockey sense and hands of stone.

I sense a two goal night from Hoffman on the way - he's way overdue.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Last year Calgary was 12th in the western conference and Ottawa was 11th in the East. I expect a close game between two bubble teams. Hopefully Ottawa will get the puck luck and the win.

A 9:00 pm puck drop means I will get to bed at 11:30 instead of after midnight! Yeh!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Chiasson was my most hated after boro last season. Need to win games? Chiasson no where to be seen. Must lose game for a draft pick? Chiasson starts scoring game winning goals. **** him.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Chiasson was my most hated after boro last season. Need to win games? Chiasson no where to be seen. Must lose game for a draft pick? Chiasson starts scoring game winning goals. **** him.

If chiasson scores I'm turning the game off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad