GDT: Ottawa 67's VS Niagara IceDogs - Ottawa blows 2-0 lead, IceDogs win series 4-2.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Niagara is brutal!

20 shots for us and we scored 8. We only had 2 shots in the first period and won 8-2!

Ho-Sang is a soft one dimensional player for Niagara.

Kopecny and De Haan were beasts and the 67's have some 16 year old kid tanking hits from overage players...can't wait to see him 2 years from now on that team.

Was my first 67's in at least 10 years...I think I would go again just not so early, we were there at 11::30 and they weren't open yet :p

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
They called for security to come to the Niagara bench but I m not sure why.

The commentators were saying that a fan may have dumped a drink onto the Niagara coach. Once that announcement happened, the suspect got up and left.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Niagara is brutal!

20 shots for us and we scored 8. We only had 2 shots in the first period and won 8-2!

Ho-Sang is a soft one dimensional player for Niagara.

Kopecny and De Haan were beasts and the 67's have some 16 year old kid tanking hits from overage players...can't wait to see him 2 years from now on that team.

Was my first 67's in at least 10 years...I think I would go again just not so early, we were there at 11::30 and they weren't open yet :p

Travis Barron is only 16 but plays like a vet.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
The commentators were saying that a fan may have dumped a drink onto the Niagara coach. Once that announcement happened, the suspect got up and left.
Thanks-I couldn't see what was going on over there.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Down 4-0 midway through the 2nd period. Apparently home ice matters a lot in this series.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not that it's going to matter, but the call on Niagara's 4th goal was terrible. The puck was under Herbst's glove, but the official couldn't see it. They basically guessed that it was over the line. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but it wasn't obvious, and you can't guess on calls like that. Man, the officiating in the OHL is awful...

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Holy :0

But IIRC Niagra has only lost once this season in their barn.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not that it's going to matter, but the call on Niagara's 4th goal was terrible. The puck was under Herbst's glove, but the official couldn't see it. They basically guessed that it was over the line. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but it wasn't obvious, and you can't guess on calls like that. Man, the officiating in the OHL is awful...

That's the thing. We all complain tremendously about the officiating in the NHL (and at times, many times, rightfully so) but those refs are the best in the WORLD. Think about that. The game is just so damn fast.

Wasn't there a ref shortage at one point with all the old timers retiring? And especially now that hockey uses a 2-ref system, you need double the amount of talent to sustain a high standard of officiating. I can't imagine CHL refs make a ton of dough doing what they do, and the good one get moved up to the AHL etc. It's tricky to recruit refs and make a career out of it.. I mean who wants to constantly get booed every time you're on the ice.

I was an umpire for a while. Coaches are appreciative enough for your services as long as you don't make a horrid call, but everyone else generally hates you.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Man, the officiating in the OHL is awful...

It's never been great. Back in the 80's/90's it was even worse. Lot of those referees graduated to the NHL which was quite comical to say the least

The 67's have the second best home record in the Eastern Conference. This series likely to go the full 7 looks like!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad