GDT: Ottawa 67's VS Niagara IceDogs - Ottawa blows 2-0 lead, IceDogs win series 4-2.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Things are just pretty bad this year in general after the two year banishment to the hinterlands. .

Yes the "hinterlands" - where our Sens play right? Cause Kanata is miles away into the forests and is just so far away from everything right?

Anyway, Go 67's, I ****ing hate Niagara!!

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Playoffs, especially the first round, have always been poor, even in the good years. They don't know dates until the last minute so they can't do the group sales like they do (or at least used to do really well in the past).

Throw in the buzz surrounding the Sens and it's even worse.

Things are just pretty bad this year in general after the two year banishment to the hinterlands. Hopefully they will get back to where they used to be.

People need to look up what hinterlands means Put it this way if Kanata was its own city it would be middle of the pack in term of population while a true hinterlands has a population of less then 5000 and hours away from any fair size city.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Junior hockey attendance is suffering across Canada, not just in Ottawa. There are all kinds of factors, but I think one of the biggest ones is that there is so much hockey on your nice, HD flat screen TV at home that trudging out to the arena is less appealing than it was before. Technology and the comforts of home mean that as a society we have all retreated to our cocoons somewhat. Selling tickets is going to be an ongoing challenge for all CHL teams, to the point where I would not be surprised to see a few franchises fold up over the next few years...

Oh, and Josh Ho-Sang - one assist, a minus one, and a dumb penalty at a crucial point late in the third. Way to go, superstar...

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Junior hockey attendance is suffering across Canada, not just in Ottawa. There are all kinds of factors, but I think one of the biggest ones is that there is so much hockey on your nice, HD flat screen TV at home that trudging out to the arena is less appealing than it was before. Technology and the comforts of home mean that as a society we have all retreated to our cocoons somewhat. Selling tickets is going to be an ongoing challenge for all CHL teams, to the point where I would not be surprised to see a few franchises fold up over the next few years...

Oh, and Josh Ho-Sang - one assist, a minus one, and a dumb penalty at a crucial point late in the third. Way to go, superstar...

Ottawa is one of the better supported market.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Keep an eye on a guy I've been pimping all year from the 67s: Jeremiah Addison. Dude is work a pick between rd 5 and 7. Plays a power forward type game and is due for a big break through season next year. Big on this kid like I was Graovac.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Ottawa is one of the better supported market.

It was up against the biggest Sens game of the season. It was just an unfortunate match up for the 67s.

Lots of people who would normally go were either at the Sens game of at home watching the Sens game (wishing they were at the 67s game).

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Attendance: 1885 at TD Place tonight.
Really sucks that they took the Parking away from there. What was once a nice family outing is changed because now the cost & time required for a family to take a bus or 2 is much less convenient then hopping in the car to go to a hockey game. :rant:

The Glebe is turning into the hinterlands! ha-ha

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Really sucks that they took the Parking away from there. What was once a nice family outing is changed because now the cost & time required for a family to take a bus or 2 is much less convenient then hopping in the car to go to a hockey game. :rant:

The Glebe is turning into the hinterlands! ha-ha

Plenty of on-street parking a short walk away, especially when only 1885 turn up!

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I think they have plenty of parking for the 67s games, its just the RedBlacks where they don't have enough

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
My classmate and former buddy will be suiting up for the 67's likely next year, which is super cool. Ottawa 67's 2nd round pick William Brown.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I think they have plenty of parking for the 67s games, its just the RedBlacks where they don't have enough

I haven't driven down there yet, but that was my understanding as well. You'd think it would be fine with only ~2000 people there (mind you I expect there to be a lot more at today's game)

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Anyone know a good place to get some 67s Tshirts/jerseys other than the stadium? I got a buddy coming down to visit me from Ottawa and we are going to the game monday night. I want some 67s gear for it.

I think SportsExperts, SportsCheck & possibly Play It Again will have some. Source for Sports, Clubhouse

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Anyone know a good place to get some 67s Tshirts/jerseys other than the stadium? I got a buddy coming down to visit me from Ottawa and we are going to the game monday night. I want some 67s gear for it.

Are his initials CT? lol

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I went to the game. it was pretty chippy at times.They called for security to come to the Niagara bench but I m not sure why.

Seemed like a pretty good crowd, The 67s took over in the 2nd period and never let go..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad