Ottawa 67's 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The good D going just a few clicks down the road is one of the ‘67s 2-1sts for Arcuri? That team will likely go into next season with 3-OAs, Hache, Budnick, Burns; it is unlikely they’re looking to burn assets on a rival’s spare D.
Missasauga should contend, and could use a solid #4-5 D.

Are you suggesting that the 67’s would trade one of Mews or Marrelli at the deadline for Arcuri? I’m not sure that is the type of deal the 67’s need.

I’m still thinking about an OA Centre and a replacement Import at a reasonable cost up front. I’m not sure we need that type of trade. It seems overkill at this point.

the OA Centre at worst is two 2nds and a 3rd. The Import is $$$ for a transfer fee and an Import Draft Pick.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Are you suggesting that the 67’s would trade one of Mews or Marrelli at the deadline for Arcuri? I’m not sure that is the type of deal the 67’s need.

I’m still thinking about an OA Centre and a replacement Import at a reasonable cost up front. I’m not sure we need that type of trade. It seems overkill at this point.

the OA Centre at worst is two 2nds and a 3rd. The Import is $$$ for a transfer fee and an Import Draft Pick.
Idk if the ‘67s would or would not trade Marelli or Mews. Beast suggested that the ‘67s send a D a few clicks down the road; it would have to be a young D with plenty of upside, right? Maybe Sirman; he is a ‘04-RD.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If the arena is torn down will Ottawa play in Kanata again till the new arena is built.

No. The Arena would be built independently on different grounds of the same site. Then the 67’s would move to the new arena 50 meters away and they would tear down the existing rink and football stands and build the new ones.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
No. The Arena would be built independently on different grounds of the same site. Then the 67’s would move to the new arena 50 meters away and they would tear down the existing rink and football stands and build the new ones.
I am so happy with this. I just hated going to Kanata. Being an east ender it's a long way to go 17 games a year. Kind of like the new plan and a 5500 capacity would be the sweet spot imo.

Reactions: three dog night

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The good D going just a few clicks down the road is one of the ‘67s 2-1sts for Arcuri? That team will likely go into next season with 3-OAs, Hache, Budnick, Burns; it is unlikely they’re looking to burn assets on a rival’s spare D.
Missasauga should contend, and could use a solid #4-5 D.
Where did the last 2 D that we traded go.

Kingston is going to be attempting g to go for it next year with it being Wright's last year.

However unless there is a miracle they do not have a goalie or Defence.

They are not alone. Look at NB and Mississauga.

OMG, I am tired of this crazy split talk first; people talk here about going for it t his year, then people talk about trading for picks. Those are complete opposites.

Picks for what they are worth and to me, they are nothing are for the future.

If a team is going for it then they have to make a trade Yes usually with players they would almost like to keep for other players.

The teams that are going all the way this year are going to need to rebuild. That means that if given the chance for a couple of players that are going to be in the league for a couple of years it helps them.

To me, a trade of Ewle, Mayich and Cranley would bet us a 19-year-old that could be here for a couple of years.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

Trading picks is not going to solve the player problem. We have too many Defenceman we need to cull the herd.

I realize that you like to think cheap but is it possible OMG that you could look at it from the perspective of a player swap.

reverse your thinking. Teams are hurting for D next year. We are not let's use them to get what we need this year and next year.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Idk if the ‘67s would or would not trade Marelli or Mews. Beast suggested that the ‘67s send a D a few clicks down the road; it would have to be a young D with plenty of upside, right? Maybe Sirman; he is a ‘04-RD.
The 67's are not going to trade their 2 draft picks.

Kingston does not have many forwards to give up as this is a team that will be going for it again next year when Wright returns.

I used them as an example, but it is more likely to get a good t trade out of Flint, hamilton, Mississauaga

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The 67's are not going to trade their 2 draft picks.

Kingston does not have many forwards to give up as this is a team that will be going for it again next year when Wright returns.

I used them as an example, but it is more likely to get a good t trade out of Flint, hamilton, Mississauaga
Wright will be a top 3 NHL draft pick. Odds are he’ll be the #1 pick. I doubt he returns to the OHL next season.

Regarding the player for player, that is far more difficult in the off-season or coming out of training camp. We need a top 6 forward. Teams that ned experienced defence aren’t using top 7 forwards to acquire the defence man because they need the forward to make their run.

Just look at the Media Notes on the OHL page. Top forward for top D-Man trades NEVER happen. Ever. At best it is 17 year old for 19 year old.

Draft picks for Ottawa should be trade commodities. Deadline deals are primarily draft picks for veteran studs. That’s how it works now. We aren’t necessarily trading for picks three seasons from now for the purpose of using them to draft players.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Where did the last 2 D that we traded go.

Kingston is going to be attempting g to go for it next year with it being Wright's last year.

However unless there is a miracle they do not have a goalie or Defence.

They are not alone. Look at NB and Mississauga.

OMG, I am tired of this crazy split talk first; people talk here about going for it t his year, then people talk about trading for picks. Those are complete opposites.

Picks for what they are worth and to me, they are nothing are for the future.

If a team is going for it then they have to make a trade Yes usually with players they would almost like to keep for other players.

The teams that are going all the way this year are going to need to rebuild. That means that if given the chance for a couple of players that are going to be in the league for a couple of years it helps them.

To me, a trade of Ewle, Mayich and Cranley would bet us a 19-year-old that could be here for a couple of years.
There is a good chance Richmond (Miss) will take a 6’3”+ D off your hands for an underwhelming return.
The Frontenac goalie has yet TBD, but the D is pretty much set to start with Belanger, Murray, Roger, Hache, Budnick, Burns; plus, a ‘22 pick and a few fillers as needed.
NB is absolutely loaded. They are pretty likely to shed OAs Vrbetic and Winslow at some point early next season.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Wright will be a top 3 NHL draft pick. Odds are he’ll be the #1 pick. I doubt he returns to the OHL next season.

Regarding the player for player, that is far more difficult in the off-season or coming out of training camp. We need a top 6 forward. Teams that ned experienced defence aren’t using top 7 forwards to acquire the defence man because they need the forward to make their run.

Just look at the Media Notes on the OHL page. Top forward for top D-Man trades NEVER happen. Ever. At best it is 17 year old for 19 year old.

Draft picks for Ottawa should be trade commodities. Deadline deals are primarily draft picks for veteran studs. That’s how it works now. We aren’t necessarily trading for picks three seasons from now for the purpose of using them to draft players.
Any trade will be a 2-for if it is actual players. I agree it probably is not going to happen in the off-season and a lot will depend on what other teams have but once the season starts it is definitely possible as teams see what they have.

There of course i9s the possibility of a hybrid trade player and picks for.

As to Wright I honestly do not see him playing in the NHL next year past the 9 games. It is not so much is he ready which I am not sure he is but also does the team drafting him have the parts to help him.

Montreal is already on record that they are not interested in bringing their first round up.

Let's face it if you look at the past few years very few first-round picks have gone up.

A lot of these teams are also looking at the 2023 draft and licking their lips about Bedard.

Wright did not set the league on fire this year for whatever reason.

As with anything we will see what happens but not her year to mature at the OHL level would not hurt him.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Any trade will be a 2-for if it is actual players. I agree it probably is not going to happen in the off-season and a lot will depend on what other teams have but once the season starts it is definitely possible as teams see what they have.

There of course i9s the possibility of a hybrid trade player and picks for.

As to Wright I honestly do not see him playing in the NHL next year past the 9 games. It is not so much is he ready which I am not sure he is but also does the team drafting him have the parts to help him.

Montreal is already on record that they are not interested in bringing their first round up.

Let's face it if you look at the past few years very few first-round picks have gone up.

A lot of these teams are also looking at the 2023 draft and licking their lips about Bedard.

Wright did not set the league on fire this year for whatever reason.

As with anything we will see what happens but not her year to mature at the OHL level would not hurt him.

It is EXTREMELY RARE that the 1st overall pick goes back to Junior. I honestly couldn’t tell you the last time a 1st overall pick didn’t play in the NHL right away Regardless of whether they were ready or not. The marketing play alone is worth the $$$ for most teams. I would be shocked if Wrght returns to the OHL as a 1st overall pick.

The issue isn’t making a player for player trade at some point in the season. The possibility exists that could happen. The issue is the timing. The 67’s have 10 D-Men between those that are signed and the two 1st round picks. This is an issue that needs to be resolved by game one of the regular season. Finding a team with the same issue at forward that is willing to deal one of them witht he same issues of timing is near impossible.

Picks are placeholders. It is the way teams are able to VALUE a player and push that value forward until they can find the piece they want. So, in Ottawa’s situation, they will likely trade a player for a package of picks and then use a package of picks at a later date to acquire the player they need when that player becomes available. This really shouldn’t be a debate. This is how 90+% of trades in the OHL are made. At times, there may be throw in players on a deal but those players are not the primary assets returning. The picks are the primary assets.

The other issue is total cards. I believe OHL teams only get 30 cards. This is a big issue for Ottawa. They cannot waste cards on players that will only be on their roster for a couple weeks while they work out trades. Hypothetically speaking, if they sign and assign Mews and Marrelli to roster cards and have 9 D-Men coming out of training camp until they figure things out, plus they add the two goalies AND another 14 forwards, that chews up 25 cards right off the bat. That means they can only bring in a total of five other players throughout the season (other than part time affiliate players at Christmas). That significantly limits their ability to shuffle the lineup as needed throughout the season.

It is extremely important the 67’s management identifies their true 23 man roster to start the season and have all their extras properly dealt with. This is why we see that extra d-Man play forward a lot of times. They are managing their cards and don’t want to bring in a temporary player during injuries etc. Plus, as soon as the player plays one game, they get the half season scholarship so there is $$$ there as well.

A lot goes into the roster construction other than a simple depth chart. Flexibility in when they make the moves isn’t necessarily as easy as many make it out to be. Keeping two extra players on the roster so as to extract the best return isn’t an option in most cases because of the ramifications of doing so When it comes to scholarships and players card management.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
It is EXTREMELY RARE that the 1st overall pick goes back to Junior. I honestly couldn’t tell you the last time a 1st overall pick didn’t play in the NHL right away Regardless of whether they were ready or not. The marketing play alone is worth the $$$ for most teams. I would be shocked if Wrght returns to the OHL as a 1st overall pick.

The issue isn’t making a player for player trade at some point in the season. The possibility exists that could happen. The issue is the timing. The 67’s have 10 D-Men between those that are signed and the two 1st round picks. This is an issue that needs to be resolved by game one of the regular season. Finding a team with the same issue at forward that is willing to deal one of them witht he same issues of timing is near impossible.

Picks are placeholders. It is the way teams are able to VALUE a player and push that value forward until they can find the piece they want. So, in Ottawa’s situation, they will likely trade a player for a package of picks and then use a package of picks at a later date to acquire the player they need when that player becomes available. This really shouldn’t be a debate. This is how 90+% of trades in the OHL are made. At times, there may be throw in players on a deal but those players are not the primary assets returning. The picks are the primary assets.

The other issue is total cards. I believe OHL teams only get 30 cards. This is a big issue for Ottawa. They cannot waste cards on players that will only be on their roster for a couple weeks while they work out trades. Hypothetically speaking, if they sign and assign Mews and Marrelli to roster cards and have 9 D-Men coming out of training camp until they figure things out, plus they add the two goalies AND another 14 forwards, that chews up 25 cards right off the bat. That means they can only bring in a total of five other players throughout the season (other than part time affiliate players at Christmas). That significantly limits their ability to shuffle the lineup as needed throughout the season.

It is extremely important the 67’s management identifies their true 23 man roster to start the season and have all their extras properly dealt with. This is why we see that extra d-Man play forward a lot of times. They are managing their cards and don’t want to bring in a temporary player during injuries etc. Plus, as soon as the player plays one game, they get the half season scholarship so there is $$$ there as well.

A lot goes into the roster construction other than a simple depth chart. Flexibility in when they make the moves isn’t necessarily as easy as many make it out to be. Keeping two extra players on the roster so as to extract the best return isn’t an option in most cases because of the ramifications of doing so When it comes to scholarships and players card management.
Good summary! As for Wright in most years you would be right. But he essentially lost a year of development to the pandemic. I wouldn't be surprised he is returned after 9. I believe in his case it would be best. Especially if my Habs get him they are on record in saying their pick will likely not play next year. Gorton/Hughes are looking long term and deep down i don't think they would mind another low ranking with the Bedard sweepstakes looming. Keeping Wright down might help with that.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I did an analysis a little while back on the top 3 NHL picks. If I recall correctly, the average was 1.8 stuck in the NHL each D+1, broken down as 1st overall - 80%, 2nd overall - 50%, 3rd overall - 50% or something close to that. Wish I still had that analysis.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Good summary! As for Wright in most years you would be right. But he essentially lost a year of development to the pandemic. I wouldn't be surprised he is returned after 9. I believe in his case it would be best. Especially if my Habs get him they are on record in saying their pick will likely not play next year. Gorton/Hughes are looking long term and deep down i don't think they would mind another low ranking with the Bedard sweepstakes looming. Keeping Wright down might help with that.

It is tough to asses. When we look at this past draft, none of the top 10 picks played in the NHL full time. Both Power and Beniers chose to return to Michigan as opposed to accepting their offers from the Sabres and Kraken. However, both did sign after their NCAA season was completed. McTavish was returned after 9 games. Sillinger (12th pick) played with Columbia the full season.

So, even though the top 3 picks returned to their respective non-NHL Teams, two of them did so on their own accord by turning down their NHL Contract offers.

I still think it will be hard for Montreal to send their 1st overall pick back to Junior. They are stubborn enough to do it but IMO, if you have a first overall pick and you aren’t confident that player should be playing with you right away, you should be considering trading backwards a few picks and cash in on the windfall. A first overall pick should be in a category by themselves when it comes to readiness. Justifying sending a capable player back to Junior isn’t good optics, especially with the player. That can breed a lot of ill will and can result in trade demands. When you start screwing around with a players ability to reach free agency based on a predetermined decision without truly giving the player an opportunity, which sounds like it is the case here, that could turn out very bad for Montreal.

NoQuit67s

Feb 10, 2020
I did an analysis a little while back on the top 3 NHL picks. If I recall correctly, the average was 1.8 stuck in the NHL each D+1, broken down as 1st overall - 80%, 2nd overall - 50%, 3rd overall - 50% or something close to that. Wish I still had that analysis.
And then, those who don't play in the NHL, what percentage return to the CHL versus other leagues?

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I should have mentioned the analysis only looked at CHL players drafted in the first 3 spots - it ignored non CHL players

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
67’s 2nd rounder Caden Kelly was selected in the 4th round of the USHL Draft by Sioux City. He was the highest draft pick in that league from Ontario, excluding tendered player Michael Hage.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
And then, those who don't play in the NHL, what percentage return to the CHL versus other leagues?
Players from other leagues (not sure of USHL) can go anywhere. Just as the 67's agreed to let Rossi play where he wanted to play.

OMG, I hear your point but you have to take this fact into account. Every first overall player set their league on fire and was one of the top players in the league.

Wright statistically was not even the top player in Kingston. Nor was he a big stand-out like Bedard is at the international level.

That is why Nemic and Stafkovsky are in the hunt for first overall.

Wright I think fell in his value this year due to the year off. I think he made a mistake not going over to Europe to play last year.

The other thing about some teams and Montreal is probably the worst is the hype and media.

I am sorry and I may be wrong I just do not see him being ready for the NHL next year. Give him a year to gain his confidence.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Players from other leagues (not sure of USHL) can go anywhere. Just as the 67's agreed to let Rossi play where he wanted to play.

OMG, I hear your point but you have to take this fact into account. Every first overall player set their league on fire and was one of the top players in the league.

Wright statistically was not even the top player in Kingston. Nor was he a big stand-out like Bedard is at the international level.

That is why Nemic and Stafkovsky are in the hunt for first overall.

Wright I think fell in his value this year due to the year off. I think he made a mistake not going over to Europe to play last year.

The other thing about some teams and Montreal is probably the worst is the hype and media.

I am sorry and I may be wrong I just do not see him being ready for the NHL next year. Give him a year to gain his confidence.
Confidence is not likely something Wright needs to gain. He’s been dominant near his age group in MM, Gretzky-Hilinka Cup, CHL prospect game; ahead of McDavid’s point pace and equal to Tavares’ goal pace in first OHL season at the same age; he was 8th in both scoring and pt/g this season; and maybe just as important, defensively a polished product.
If McTavish, W.Johnson, and Othman are returned for another OHL season, a case can be made that Wright should be too. If not, he does not need to prove he can lead the league in scoring. Another year in the OHL might do Wright some good, but it might do more harm than good.

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Confidence is not likely something Wright needs to gain. He’s been dominant near his age group in MM, Gretzky-Hilinka Cup, CHL prospect game; ahead of McDavid’s point pace and equal to Tavares’ goal pace in first OHL season at the same age; he was 8th in both scoring and pt/g this season; and maybe just as important, defensively a polished product.
If McTavish, W.Johnson, and Othman are returned for another OHL season, a case can be made that Wright should be too. If not, he does not need to prove he can lead the league in scoring. Another year in the OHL might do Wright some good, but it might do more harm than good.
The problem that Wright and players and teams have is that they can not play them in lower leagues. Kingston's first-round drafted players have not had a lot of luck in the NHL the year after they were drafted.
Last year the players had an out because there was no OHL so they could play in the AHL. for a lot of the em that was the ticket. Unfortunately for Shane, it is either NHL 4th line or OHL.

It will be up to whoever drafts him to make the decision based on how he performs at camp.

I am just stating what I think will happen.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The problem that Wright and players and teams have is that they can not play them in lower leagues. Kingston's first-round drafted players have not had a lot of luck in the NHL the year after they were drafted.
Last year the players had an out because there was no OHL so they could play in the AHL. for a lot of the em that was the ticket. Unfortunately for Shane, it is either NHL 4th line or OHL.

It will be up to whoever drafts him to make the decision based on how he performs at camp.

I am just stating what I think will happen.

This isn’t about what I think should happen. IMO, only a VERY small handful of players should be playing NHL hockey at age 18. VERY SMALL. I don’t feel Wright should be playing NHL hockey next year either. But, I know the way the NHL operates and I know there are only a few random GM’s that have the ability to show restraint. In addition, only a few GM’s have the clout to be able to tell the ownership to F/O when it comes to bringing inthe flashy new 1st overall pick to sell tickets.

In light of all that, I think Wright will be in the NHL next year. Not because I think he should be but because they can’t help themselves from playing with their shiny new toys….

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
This isn’t about what I think should happen. IMO, only a VERY small handful of players should be playing NHL hockey at age 18. VERY SMALL. I don’t feel Wright should be playing NHL hockey next year either. But, I know the way the NHL operates and I know there are only a few random GM’s that have the ability to show restraint. In addition, only a few GM’s have the clout to be able to tell the ownership to F/O when it comes to bringing inthe flashy new 1st overall pick to sell tickets.

In light of all that, I think Wright will be in the NHL next year. Not because I think he should be but because they can’t help themselves from playing with their shiny new toys….
I agree to a point but I do not see Wright as the flashy player. I think that is actually what could hurt him in the draft. There are a couple of Euro players that have started to show in the ranking. Drafting a Euro is a safer play for a team that needs that instant boost as they can send them down to the AHL if there is an issue.

You also have to take into account that he did not set the combine on fire. He sort of got shaf ted by Kingston making the playoffs as he was not allowed to show his stuff at the under 18. (another tournament scheduled to screw Canadian teams)

Teams like Ottawa and Montreal can still gain the hype with newspaper coverage of the exploits of Wright and what to look forward to.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I agree to a point but I do not see Wright as the flashy player. I think that is actually what could hurt him in the draft. There are a couple of Euro players that have started to show in the ranking. Drafting a Euro is a safer play for a team that needs that instant boost as they can send them down to the AHL if there is an issue.

You also have to take into account that he did not set the combine on fire. He sort of got shaf ted by Kingston making the playoffs as he was not allowed to show his stuff at the under 18. (another tournament scheduled to screw Canadian teams)

Teams like Ottawa and Montreal can still gain the hype with newspaper coverage of the exploits of Wright and what to look forward to.

What you are suggesting has not been demonstrated in previous drafts. Although Stutzle was clearly the most “electric” player in that draft, he went #3. That sort of thing happens all the time. It is so rare that a European unseats a North American as the #1 overall pick. I think Dahlin is the only European that didn’t play in Major Junior drafted first overall over the last few years.

You have to understand that I agree with your opinion regarding whether he should play. Where I disagree is I have a pretty good sense of how the NHL Executives typically work and there truly aren’t many teams that have management and ownership with strong enough resolve to pick a player first overall and not put him in the lineup. Shane Wright comes with a lot of fanfare being the exceptional status player and golden child for his draft age. If the team picking first doesn‘t take him, they risk facing a lot of scrutiny.

As you mentioned, Montreal MAY BE the one team to have the nutz to not only not pick Wright first overall but if they do, they may be the team to shove him back to Junior for a year. I am not sure any of the other teams in the lottery have that same strength of resolve.

Generally speaking, I thought Wright would have made more of an impact this year. As mentioned by some, he has been working on his 200 foot game more this year which has shown but his offence has been average for a star player. 32 goals is nice but far from eye popping. The question is whether his development would be better served in Major Junior or the NHL? To me, he is one of those guys in between. But, IMO, player that fall in that grey area should slip backward to Major Junior. I figure if a player doesnt’ seem to be ready for the NHL, there is no reason to rush him. Even if his skills don’t improve playing another year in Major Junior, his physical development will have a chance to improve. Being one year older and more physical mature in itself is good for young players.

Reactions: beastintheeast

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
What you are suggesting has not been demonstrated in previous drafts. Although Stutzle was clearly the most “electric” player in that draft, he went #3. That sort of thing happens all the time. It is so rare that a European unseats a North American as the #1 overall pick. I think Dahlin is the only European that didn’t play in Major Junior drafted first overall over the last few years.

You have to understand that I agree with your opinion regarding whether he should play. Where I disagree is I have a pretty good sense of how the NHL Executives typically work and there truly aren’t many teams that have management and ownership with strong enough resolve to pick a player first overall and not put him in the lineup. Shane Wright comes with a lot of fanfare being the exceptional status player and golden child for his draft age. If the team picking first doesn‘t take him, they risk facing a lot of scrutiny.

As you mentioned, Montreal MAY BE the one team to have the nutz to not only not pick Wright first overall but if they do, they may be the team to shove him back to Junior for a year. I am not sure any of the other teams in the lottery have that same strength of resolve.

Generally speaking, I thought Wright would have made more of an impact this year. As mentioned by some, he has been working on his 200 foot game more this year which has shown but his offence has been average for a star player. 32 goals is nice but far from eye popping. The question is whether his development would be better served in Major Junior or the NHL? To me, he is one of those guys in between. But, IMO, player that fall in that grey area should slip backward to Major Junior. I figure if a player doesnt’ seem to be ready for the NHL, there is no reason to rush him. Even if his skills don’t improve playing another year in Major Junior, his physical development will have a chance to improve. Being one year older and more physical mature in itself is good for young players.
OMG, we totally agree and I will even agree that the first-round pick is usually an N.A. player. I will also agree that teams are going to want that player to play and to be able to play at the NHL level.

That is where I think a lot of teams may be concerned with Wright. Yes, he has the parts but as you said he is a gray area first-round pick .

I look at the fact that instead of talking about this year's draft people are already talking about Bedard.

That is whY I think a team that needs help this year will look to the 2 Euro players. It has been mentioned by experts.

I think teams like Ottawa and Arizona ( Tourigny) would also give him time to grow BUT if he is not going to be a 33rd line player at least then they will send him back to Junior to gain the size, maturity and speed.

Lafreniere and Hughes were supposed to be impact players however they have not. Not because of anything other than the team that signed them was not ready for them nor did they have the necessary chops.

Slafkovsky to me is the pick that is probably NHL ready LW 6'4" 218 lbs playing in the men's league in Finland would be a better fit.

If you remember Marco was supposed to be pencilled in and a sure t thing to play for the Wild.

No matter where a player is drafted there are 2 t things that teams have to look at

Do they have a space at that position and
Has he performed in camp at a level that tells you he can survive a full year?
Wright as with all the draft picks will be given that chance to show that they are ready.

That includes Boucher unfortunatley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad