Ottawa 67's 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OH! And I forgot to mention…

The arena would have a green roof. So, it looks like the arena would be underground quite a bit. The Private boxes would open up to the football field. There would be a walking path encircling the rooftop of the arena that is also incorporated as a concourse for the football stadium.

The “Green Roof” is actually grass. It would keep the same aesthetic of the current space. I don’t know how they would actually do that considering roofs need to be repaired etc but it looks like there is a way….

Reactions: three dog night

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
The development fees that St. Louis would kick back for an OA Cranley would make him much more palatable on the trade market even if he didn't fit into Ottawa's plans. If St. Louis wants him in the OHL, I don't think there would be a problem making that happen. They might not be able to demand he be traded to a contender, but I am sure they could find a home for him somewhere.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014

The arena would have a green roof. So, it looks like the arena would be underground quite a bit. The Private boxes would open up to the football field. There would be a walking path encircling the rooftop of the arena that is also incorporated as a concourse for the football stadium.

The “Green Roof” is actually grass. It would keep the same aesthetic of the current space. I don’t know how they would actually do that considering roofs need to be repaired etc but it looks like there is a way….
Ive always felt that the current arena - tucking the arena below ground and under the North side stands - was a cutting-edge /ahead-of-it’s time stadium architecture for the 1960s and this new proposed design (arena below ground / under green grass) looks equally impressive and innovative for the current times! Hope it works out as well in reality as it looks in the architectural drawings ..

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The development fees that St. Louis would kick back for an OA Cranley would make him much more palatable on the trade market even if he didn't fit into Ottawa's plans. If St. Louis wants him in the OHL, I don't think there would be a problem making that happen. They might not be able to demand he be traded to a contender, but I am sure they could find a home for him somewhere.

I think the challenge is whether a contending team would want him. He’s had a pretty awful season. Some of that not really his fault. For a long stretch he played in front of a decimated lineup. That can be mentally taxing.

It would really come down to an OHL teams assessment as to whether he can bounce back.

The reality is, when it all shakes down, he lost his starting job to the 3rd string goalie out of training camp.

three dog night

May 3, 2014

Who cuts the grass

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
New arena sounds the perfect size
yes.

I thought 6000 was the exact fit but 5500 is solid. I know they can fill that rink IF they return to Friday nights as the primary home date.

That said, that will be a multi-purpose arena so they’d be looking at secondary entertainment acts coming in regularly. So, even though it would be the home of the 67’s, they may not truly be the primary tenant from a perspective of prime dates access.

Reactions: three dog night

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Well big night, can't wait to see who our future stars will be! James, Jan and company...do us proud!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I agree with beast. Have a feeling we get Beaudoin at seven and Parech at 23.

1 - Misa
2 - Spence
3 - Villeneuve
4 - Beaudoin
5 - Dickinson
6 - Cormier
7 - Mews

Thats what my crystal ball says….

If we go slightly off the board and don’t want the D-Man and all of Beaudoin, Villeneuve and Cormier are gone, look at Porter Martone as the pick.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Well, Mews is the guy. The 67s clearly recognize they need a high skill puck moving D-Man. I don’t have an issue with that. That type of player can be more difficult to acquire than the centre.

As expected, Porter Martone finds his way into the top 7. He seems like a guy that will be tough to play against.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Okay so there are going to be major changes. Will be interesting to see who they trade. There is o way you draft these guys and not plan on them playing this year

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I’m thinking if he is on the board for the 67’s, I’m thinking Tyron Fevry.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Frank Marrelli - LD
Ottawa 67's

Selected 21st in Round # 1
Shoots:
L
Height:
Weight:
Hometown:
Markham, ON
Last Team:
Markham Waxers U16 AAA
Nationality:
Canadian

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
OMG

Who do you think is moving. Also looking at this Ihave to think that Ottawa has a Euro forward already planned for the draft.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OMG

Who do you think is moving. Also looking at this Ihave to think that Ottawa has a Euro forward already planned for the draft.

Well, I’d love to have an answer for you but I don’t.

Theoretically, we go into next season with 10 D-Men.

I think Ewles, is on the outside looking in for sure.

One possibility will have 7 D-Men dressed with Mews playing a lot of forward.

I think Sawyer is the guy most likely gone if there is a significant trade.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Regarding the Import pick, Rohrer will be an NHL pick so that gives us the opportunity to make a pick without releasing Gaidamak. That means they may be able to swing for the fences with that pick knowing Gaidamak is there as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad