Ottawa 67's 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Fun topic .. what year did you start following/ become a fan ? For me.. late 1970s.. 1978-79 to be exact when my dad took me regularly that season . My very first favourite player? .. Steve Marengere
Oh the memories:)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Fun topic .. what year did you start following/ become a fan ? For me.. late 1970s.. 1978-79 to be exact when my dad took me regularly that season . My very first favourite player? .. Steve Marengere
Oh the memories:)

I grew up in Oshawa so I was a Generals fan until I moved to Ottawa.

Back in my childhood days it was guys like Tony Tanti and Dave Andreychuk that were the dominant players.

Once Lindros was gone from Oshawa and my wife was a 67’s season ticket holder, it was time to switch teams. Mike Peca was the main guy the first year I was following the 67’s.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
I arrived in Canada in 68, I would have been 17, we lived on Bell St. S. As there no real soccer here in Ottawa, then hockey was the next closest sport so started going to see 67's in 68/69, which was the start of Dennis Potvin's career with 67's. Pierre Jarry was the first star for the 67's. And who can forget that trio of Fox,Joly and Simpson, also Peter Lee..............................

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
I arrived in Canada in 68, I would have been 17, we lived on Bell St. S. As there no real soccer here in Ottawa, then hockey was the next closest sport so started going to see 67's in 68/69, which was the start of Dennis Potvin's career with 67's. Pierre Jarry was the first star for the 67's. And who can forget that trio of Fox,Joly and Simpson, also Peter Lee..............................

wow! You were there at the start! Very cool!

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Kingston Canadians fan from the time they started. Joked with Peter Lee about the hatred between the 2 teams.

Became a true 67's fan in 1992 when posted to Ottawa. Also became a diehard with the Creamers and booster club.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Wow I'm a rookie compared to you guys. 1999 for me! A buddy started inviting me as he had season tickets and I fell in love with junior hockey. Maybe the fact they won the M cup helped to get me hooked:huh:

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Well trade window opening today at least for draft pick. Maybe fully opened for player moves as unlike previous years the season is not ongoing at time of draft. I suspect we'll get some clarity this week on Moldenhauer. If he is not declared defected or traded then I see him signing. We'll see. I also wonder if we will see a few picks traded into next year by the poles as we have a lot of picks...3 fourths etc. Likely only first three picks make the team anyway.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Well trade window opening today at least for draft pick. Maybe fully opened for player moves as unlike previous years the season is not ongoing at time of draft. I suspect we'll get some clarity this week on Moldenhauer. If he is not declared defected or traded then I see him signing. We'll see. I also wonder if we will see a few picks traded into next year by the poles as we have a lot of picks...3 fourths etc. Likely only first three picks make the team anyway.

I think it will depend on their confidence with NCAA bound players and whether they want to toss picks that way with those 4ths.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I started watching around the same time. Do you remember Tony Horvath from 73-74 who was like a stick of dynamite just waiting to explode? He played here for like 42 games and then went to the Fincups.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
My favourite players were Trottier and Galbraith.

Both of these guys understood the awe that kids had of the players on the team and always had time for them.

Brought a friends son into the dressing room unfortunately, he did not speak much English. Trots made sure that everyone signed something for him.

Galbraith was the same. Had a young kid that was skating on a team day and got into a fun fight with Galbraith. He let the kid win the fight and complained that he was too rough for him.

Further part of the joke was Killer saw it and asked who taught him to fight the kid said proudly my mom.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
One of my favourite memories was when Seamus Kotyk backstopped us to the OHL championship in 2000-01 and a birth in the memorial cup.

This was not really expected with the teams the Erie Otters and the Plymouth Whalers had.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
As per Kenny Walls we have signed our second pick from last year Brady Stonehouse. Nice to finally have some news and hopefully more is coming!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Thomas Sirman our third rounder last year has signed. Still waiting on Moldenhauer!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Well I was kind of hoping for clarity on Moldenhauer this week either signed or declared defected or traded. Now I don't know if the same defected player rules apply this year, as the OHL is so transparent, but you would think Ottawa would have the 21rst pick by declaring him defected if they had no hope of signing him. So is a signing coming or a trade? Can't believe they'd just throw away an asset. Opinions/thoughts?

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Well I was kind of hoping for clarity on Moldenhauer this week either signed or declared defected or traded. Now I don't know if the same defected player rules apply this year, as the OHL is so transparent, but you would think Ottawa would have the 21rst pick by declaring him defected if they had no hope of signing him. So is a signing coming or a trade? Can't believe they'd just throw away an asset. Opinions/thoughts?
Since there is no news on the three potential defected players (Castle and Fantilli bring the others), I am going to guess that the regular rules will apply to declare a player defected if they don’t sign for training camp.

With the disastrous performance by Ontario’s “Sports Minister” so far, it will give the kids options if the O doesn’t get started in September. Can’t blame them since the OHL was the only league in the world not to have a season.

The team is in good hands with James Boyd and Jan Egert and I’m sure that they have the situation fully under control.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Since there is no news on the three potential defected players (Castle and Fantilli bring the others), I am going to guess that the regular rules will apply to declare a player defected if they don’t sign for training camp.

With the disastrous performance by Ontario’s “Sports Minister” so far, it will give the kids options if the O doesn’t get started in September. Can’t blame them since the OHL was the only league in the world not to have a season.

The team is in good hands with James Boyd and Jan Egert and I’m sure that they have the situation fully under control.

I agree. The existing rule does state some time after training camp for declaring a defected player. I was thinking the same thing. Since they haven't had a training camp, we'd have the potential of two cohorts of defected players. It may make next year's draft interesting!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Un repêchage hors norme attend les 67’s

The door is still open on Moldenhauer, who will come visit Ottawa in the next few weeks before making a decision. No deadlines mentioned in the article.

As always, JF Plante does a great job covering the team.

That’s good. I guess we are correct in assuming the 67’s have until end of training camp to get pen on paper with him.

If i were Moldenhauer, I’d probably wait as long as possible to see what the status is for the OHL to resume play. May as well keep options open. There is no benefit to signing prior to the start of camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad