Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Wow quite a return for Clarke. You nailed it OMG when you said you hoped Clarke would get Tolnai going. You better stop or I'll start to think you know what you're talking about;). Scoring from all 4 lines. Tolnai really coming around. Good idea to break up the top line and put Garrefa on third. Gives us three dangerous lines. Also glad Belanger is back on D.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Wow quite a return for Clarke. You nailed it OMG when you said you hoped Clarke would get Tolnai going. You better stop or I'll start to think you know what you're talking about;). Scoring from all 4 lines. Tolnai really coming around. Good idea to break up the top line and put Garrefa on third. Gives us three dangerous lines. Also glad Belanger is back on D.

It's just one game against a bottom feeder but like you had mentioned a while back, Tolnai seems to be skating with more purpose and then the last two weeks we've seen him start to gain separation. That half step is opening passing lanes that weren't there before. Guys like Clarke can take advantage.

Interesting they separated Garreffa and Rossi. I like it. Not sure if Groulx is the right guy there but it worked today.

We'll see how this new line configuration pans out over a full weekend of games coming up.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Looks like a different team this morning compared to the one that played in Sudbury (I guess the extra practice yesterday is having an impact).

Naw, the difference is the return of what would of been a 45+ plus goal scorer in Clarkie. He's an elite OHL sniper , as good as they come,and his addition makes this team a true contender now. His projected return date was the reason the team didnt move on any major trades. He has a dozen or so games to get up to speed and then its showtime baby!! and the start of the real season!

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa

Tolnai has been going strong for three or four weeks now. That line was fantastic today- easily the best for us. Gareffa can dominate the puck, Clarke can shoot it and Tolnai can play his solid all around game with them.

Who were the posters who said that Clarke would have no impact upon his return? ;)

Even though we were outshot heavily, I thought that Ottawa had as many or more quality chances. Cranley played solid but didn't have to make too many hard saves.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Would be huge going into the playoffs if we have a third line that can score. Tolnai turning a corner and contributing would be a big plus as I do think his defensive game is solid.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Tolnai has been going strong for three or four weeks now. That line was fantastic today- easily the best for us. Gareffa can dominate the puck, Clarke can shoot it and Tolnai can play his solid all around game with them.

Who were the posters who said that Clarke would have no impact upon his return? ;)

Even though we were outshot heavily, I thought that Ottawa had as many or more quality chances. Cranley played solid but didn't have to make too many hard saves.

Me, me, me!

that was based on the mediocre play of Tolnai and the assumption the first line would remain untouched.

Plus, if they played him on the wing of the 2nd line, how much better would that line actually be.

Tolnai's game changed at a good time and the gave that line an extra plug in Garreffa.

Reactions: BarberPole9

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Just watched today's game on pvr. Made a point of keeing on Tolnai as I knew he had a good game. He played a great game both ways aside from a whiff on a perfect set up by Clarke. Is it just me or he's skating so much faster than a few weeks ago...almost weird. Anyway starting to look more like a first rounder. Clarke looked really good and I thought his skating stride was improved too, likely worked on it when he was out. Finally they had a close up of Varga at the bench after his goal and I thought, jeez he's way taller and bigger than I thought but then I realized he was standing next to....Johnston!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
On the Fronts side what a game by Wright, wow what a player and 15. Him and Chromiak are gonna rip up the league the next few years. I see the fronts on a collision course with Barrie the next few years. Two teams with loads of young talent.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
On the radio call today, Noel Hoefenmayer confirmed that he'll be back in the lineup this weekend. Man we've missed him!

With everybody healthy, what is our best Defensive corps?
Hoef-Okhotyuk
Bahl-Rippon
Belanger-Matier
Costantini
Sawyer

Reactions: Buschito

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Good to see Graeme Clarke back, you hate to see a kid miss almost a whole year of development regardless of what team he plays on. Great “non trade deadline” add for the 67’s.

Good Luck hopefully we (London) will see you in an OHL final. That is if we survive the Western Conference battle and it should be epic!

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I personaly think we got lucky that PROPP had a bad game. The test is can they win against Oshawa in a home and home series this weekend

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I personaly think we got lucky that PROPP had a bad game. The test is can they win against Oshawa in a home and home series this weekend
I would not overlook the Barrie Colts as they are 7-3 over their past 10. I agree the game yesterday should have been a lot closer, Propp sucked.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Propp was lifted after the first three goals. Dugas allowed more than him.
Dugas played over 51 minutes and Propp just over 8 minutes.

Propp saved 1 of 4 shots and Dugas 15 of 19. That is a .250 compared to a .789 save %.

Not exactly a stellar performance for Propp.

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
Dugas played over 51 minutes and Propp just over 8 minutes.

Propp saved 1 of 4 shots and Dugas 15 of 19. That is a .250 compared to a .789 save %.

Not exactly a stellar performance for Propp.

First goal he had no chance on, Clarke was wide open.
Second was a screened laser shot under the bar on the power play.
Third was deflected in off a Kingston skate.

Not like those were 'stoppable' shots. I think the pull was more of a wake up to the team.

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
It's just one game against a bottom feeder but like you had mentioned a while back, Tolnai seems to be skating with more purpose and then the last two weeks we've seen him start to gain separation. That half step is opening passing lanes that weren't there before. Guys like Clarke can take advantage.

Interesting they separated Garreffa and Rossi. I like it. Not sure if Groulx is the right guy there but it worked today.

We'll see how this new line configuration pans out over a full weekend of games coming up.

I think once Hoef and Rippon come back, Belanger will be moved back to forward on Hoelscher's line with Beck on the Tolnai line. Garrefa will move back to Rossi's line.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
On the radio call today, Noel Hoefenmayer confirmed that he'll be back in the lineup this weekend. Man we've missed him!

With everybody healthy, what is our best Defensive corps?
Hoef-Okhotyuk
Bahl-Rippon
Belanger-Matier
Costantini
Sawyer

If Belanger is used as a D-Man, it would complicate things a bit.

I think the top 4 would obviously always dress but I could see a rotation dependent on the type of team we play.

Constantini and Matier would play against bigger teams. Belanger would probably play against the more skilled and speedy teams that are smaller.

Reactions: Buschito
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad