Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Well, there's the Mikey DiPietro everyone was expecting. Even though it was only 4 shots against, that 4 min PK in the 2nd was the difference in the game and DiPietro was, as is often the case, the best penalty killer.

Reactions: sirius67fan

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Agreed MDP was great. Good game by Ottawa, they generally dominated and it feels like the score should have been more. Was impressed with the Ranger kid in goal for Missy. Also was impressed by Missy as a whole, good skating team. After they traded Mcleod and Tippett I thought they would sink but good players on that team.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's win 3-0

3RD 18:49 #92 Graeme Clarke (20) scores. Assists: #22 Jack Quinn, #28 Nikita Okhotyuk Empty Net

Stars Of The Game

7157.jpg

First
Michael DiPietro
Ottawa
7370.jpg

Second
Kody Clark
Ottawa
7737.jpg

Third
Merrick Rippon
Ottawa

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
It was a much better team effort out there today. Great to see Felhaber get Goal #56 and Point #100. In my four years as a STH, he is easily the most improved player that I've seen.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
It was a much better team effort out there today. Great to see Felhaber get Goal #56 and Point #100. In my four years as a STH, he is easily the most improved player that I've seen.
Yeah Felhaber has been a good story. To me however the 67 who improved the most (although he is not on the same talent level as Felhaber) was Mark Mancari. His first two years he looked like Bambi on ice (exagerating a bit) and I thought killer was nuts and ready to retire (hence he's a hall of fame coach and I'm an armchair GM). But he became a very solid two way player his last two years, had a decent career mostly in the AHL and a cup of coffee in the show. Not too bad.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah Felhaber has been a good story. To me however the 67 who improved the most (although he is not on the same talent level as Felhaber) was Mark Mancari. His first two years he looked like Bambi on ice (exagerating a bit) and I thought killer was nuts and ready to retire (hence he's a hall of fame coach and I'm an armchair GM). But he became a very solid two way player his last two years, had a decent career mostly in the AHL and a cup of coffee in the show. Not too bad.

DAN TUDIN....

The END

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
DAN TUDIN....

The END
I love when you guys bring up names from 'back in the day'. Check this guy out! One short of a point a game as a freaking 40 year old!

Dan Tudin Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Really only started to follow the 67's in 99 when Tudin was a pretty good player. Just checked his stats and pretty impressive jump in year three after two hum-hum seasons. Also pretty impressive he's still playing pro hockey. Just to show that you can still have a pretty nice life playing hockey for a living even though its not the NHL. Kudos to both Mancari (he's still playing also) and Tudin.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I love when you guys bring up names from 'back in the day'. Check this guy out! One short of a point a game as a freaking 40 year old!

Dan Tudin Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

So, for me, Dan Tudin is everything Major Junior Hockey is about.

Tudin was something like a 13th round pick. He was somewhat of a legacy player. His great grandfather was Connie Tudin and I remember Killer mentioning it n that he had good pedigree. He pretty much rode the pine his first two seasons. He didn’t get much ice time. In training camp in 1997, Dan Tessier, Dan Tudin and Ben Gustavson were put together. For some reason, the line just clicked. Tessier and Gustavson were both significant players that year but it was a surprise for Tudin to get that opportunity.

Tudin then goes on to play for Dalhousie for four years. While there I believe they won a Championship. Regardless, he graduates and ends up in Italy a few years later where he has played since. I believe he is a player-coach now.

Every so often I like to Highlight Dan Tudin because this is the example of a player that worked his ass off, went to school and continued to work. He made some sacrifices and now has a great life in Italy. He should be the poster boy for recruitment for the OHL IMO.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
We clinched the Conference yesterday. So, home ice for three rounds or less this season for sure.

Our magic number is 8 for clinching the league and home ice throughout the playoffs. For those of you that lack math skills, that’s 4 wins in the last six to clinch it.

Reactions: three dog night

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
After talking about the past how about the future. As I'm home sick today with too much time on my hands I came across an OHL draft ranking. I didn't realize Brandt Clarke who's rated top 3 in most listing is Graeme Clarke's brother. Right hand shot D. Wonder if the family would like him to play with big brother close to home a la Mcleod. I'm guessing we might target defense this year as we'll need to rebuild our core after next year. Would be sweet to get a talent like that. Wonder if there is a team out there that would pick him and trade him to get the comp pick?

Reactions: BarberPole9

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
After talking about the past how about the future. As I'm home sick today with too much time on my hands I came across an OHL draft ranking. I didn't realize Brandt Clarke who's rated top 3 in most listing is Graeme Clarke's brother. Right hand shot D. Wonder if the family would like him to play with big brother close to home a la Mcleod. I'm guessing we might target defense this year as we'll need to rebuild our core after next year. Would be sweet to get a talent like that. Wonder if there is a team out there that would pick him and trade him to get the comp pick?

It would be great to get one of Clarke, McTavish or Lockhart, all of whom are local top five talents. The team certainly has enough future picks to deal should one of them want to play locally.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
OMG, I agree that Tudin was a special talent. After spending time with him it was interesting and yes surprising to see him jump up in stats. He was what Killer liked the kid that would play any role that you wanted. On a team with a lot of talent, he was quite willing to do what was necessary to stay on the team. In the dressing room, he was not a leader but learned from those that he played with. He listened to Killer he learned from the others like Alyn and stayed away from the Galbraith and the other performers.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Just confirming that no one knows the Game 2 date for the first round of the playoffs yet? (It's not online but didn't know if season ticket holders got told or something... I know it wouldn't really make sense to do that, but just checking!)

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Wrote something on the Collective today.

Thought it might be time.

The 67's future is bright. The Sens, well it can be. But not right now.

Check this out- Send it to your NHL friends. Lets get 67's hockey attendance back to what it used to be. Great market, great fans, and I love trips up there

6 Reason's Ottawa Senators Fans Should Become Ottawa 67's Fans - The OHL Collective
Good article Seb, I'm all for anything that will get this team more support, they deserve it. I do think however momentum has slowly built as season has gone by. Would be great to get back to those 8-9 thousand crowds of the early Jeff Hunt era, man it was fun to attend those games.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Good article Seb, I'm all for anything that will get this team more support, they deserve it. I do think however momentum has slowly built as season has gone by. Would be great to get back to those 8-9 thousand crowds of the early Jeff Hunt era, man it was fun to attend those games.

I remember watching games on TV and it was so hard to hear the Tv guys because the crowd was loud and massive.

Would be unreal to be at a game with 9000 67's fans!

slidetackle

Feb 24, 2019
I hope you’re not falling prey to the Sault disease of last year. Having not much to play for during a long extended period can lead to laziness and bad habits and it can be hard to just turn it on full bore come playoffs. I too wish we had one more measuring stick game against the 67’s.

Not to worry Wolfman.

We are resting/relaxing our play as did Hamilton last year prior to their outstanding post season.

:naughty:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Andree in net tonight. Dipietro needs to get on a hot streak. I know Kingston is the easy game this weekend but if we are trying to get DiPietro going, playing him back to back against Oshawa with the silly way this weekend is for travel, I am not too sure I would do that. Is this setting up as a Cedric-Mikey-Cedric weekend? I hope not. Nothing against Andree but we acquired DiPietro to carry the mail. I hope he gets Saturday and Sunday and starts his hot streak a couple weeks out from the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad