Proposal: OTT-WPG-CAR

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You sure about this? I'm pretty certain that our management would trade Pesce for a signed Duchene given all their talk so far. No way a rental, but signed, yeah, they'd do it.

For a signed Duchene? They'd do that and they'd add.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
wait this wasnt made by a jets fan????

roslovic, niku and a late 1st get you nowhere near a stone willing to extend and pesce

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
To Winnipeg: Mark Stone (indicates he will re-sign), Brett Pesce

To Carolina: Matt Duchene (indicates he will re-sign)

To Ottawa: Jack Roslovic, Sami Niku, 1st 2019 OR Patrik Laine (indicates he will re-sign)

Winnipeg gets an affordable defenseman and plans to trade Trouba in the off-season. Gives up either futures or an underperforming Laine if they feel he is too expensive for what he has shown lately.

Carolina gets a #1C and gives up a defenseman, their owner has basically said he only cares about offensive and Carolina is stacked on D. Also helps with their playoff push this year.

Ottawa is a tire fire and goes into full rebuild mode while getting good value for their players OR gets a franchise player to make fans forget about the plethora of issues that Ottawa has as an organization and hopes that Laine is just going through a slump and gets a player who actually wants to be there.

Thoughts?
If Ottawa loses Stone and Duchene and only ends up with JR/SN/1st OR Laine, Dorian did a bad job.

Reactions: Steeler23

Dache

Feb 12, 2018

To Ottawa: Jack Roslovic, Sami Niku, 1st 2019 OR Patrik Laine (indicates he will re-sign)

Winnipeg gets an affordable defenseman and plans to trade Trouba in the off-season. Gives up either futures or an underperforming Laine if they feel he is too expensive for what he has shown lately.

Carolina gets a #1C and gives up a defenseman, their owner has basically said he only cares about offensive and Carolina is stacked on D. Also helps with their playoff push this year.

Ottawa is a tire fire and goes into full rebuild mode while getting good value for their players OR gets a franchise player to make fans forget about the plethora of issues that Ottawa has as an organization and hopes that Laine is just going through a slump and gets a player who actually wants to be there.

Thoughts?

I think it’s close. We might need to send a touch more than Laine to get both of those, and I have no idea how to fit that in cap wise

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think it's interesting and close. I think if Duchene is extended, Carolina might need a bit more. I would be fine parting with Perreault. I think Perreault would be of interest to Carolina as a puck hound - someone always pressuring the opponent. Very good possession player. He would also be of interest to Ottawa as a player with a $4.25m cap hit and two year remaining - helps make the floor and tradeable for picks in the future.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think it would depend on what Duchene extends for. A deal of 7 years x 8 mil carries different value than 7 x 10. Obviously Carolina would have to agree to it before hand but Duchene doesn’t seem like he’s willing to leave anything on the table

Reactions: Tryamw

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004

Thoughts?

Duchene, with terms on his contract, was worth a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2 good prospects (Girard, Bowers) and a decent one (Kamenev). Ottawa receive less than that in that proposal AND they lose Stone has well.

I'm not saying they will get the same return. They paid way too much, but Stone re-signed alone would be pretty close to what Ottawa is receiving in that trade.

Pesce definitly go to Ottawa in that trade. After, maybe they send a lesser asset to Winnipeg to even the trade, or change the 1st for a 2nd, but Winnipeg won't get Stone (re-signed) + Pesce for that little.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Carolina won't give up Pesce for a rental. That would be GM suicide.

Sorry didn't see it was a reply for my post.

I wasn't analyzing from Carolina POV, and because the OP send Pesce to Winnipeg, I was talking about Roslovic + Niku + 1st for Rentals Duchene + Stone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad