Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Victor Mete signs extension (1 year, $1.2M)

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Most sens fans will rejoice for some reason. Count me out. Happy to eat my words down the road but I'm not a fan.

Also, bye Brannstrom.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
As someone who has never seen him as more than a transitory piece, I have no issue with the deal at all. AAV is a little high but at 1yr, I’ll take it. He was good for us last year… can defend and transition the puck well enough and recognizes his limitations offensively.

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
AHL/Europe defenceman.
At best he establishes himself as a depth journeyman similar to Yannick Weber.
Although I’d argue Y.Weber>Mete.
He’s a good kid and I wish him plenty of success and progress, but right now, that’s what he is trending towards.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
Its what hes worth imo, cant go wrong in this signing. See what he does this season.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Happy for the kid. I hope he gets to stick around the big show for a few seasons. He's competent with decent hockey IQ but too small and not good enough offensively to make up for it.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Fair deal, gets me thinking if there's any weight to a team signing a player slightly above their worth in hopes it puts a bit of pressure on them to outperform their past self. Although maybe 30 years ago before everyone became so entitled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad