Claimed off Waivers: [OTT] Victor Mete claimed off waivers by the Senators from the Canadiens

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Good for him, he will have a lot less pressure in Ottawa, perhaps what he needed especially considering on how he got rushed into the league in the first place.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Before people go crazy if he have a good ending to the season, just remember Andrighetto put up 16 pts in 19 games after going to Colorado. Just wait to see his next full season.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
RFA at the end of the season, so they can always not qualify him and let him walk. At worst, he'd sign his QO and they have a cheap option next season.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Sens moved out Reilly and Coburn today. Nice chance for Mete to show what he's got.

Reactions: Icelevel

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
During a radio interview in Calgary, Elliotte Friedman said that Bergevin is ready to move some veterans, but there are two players who are considered untouchable.
According to Friedman, only Carey Price and Victor Mete will not be involved in any type of deal

a quick google search will show that Bergevin has called Mete untouchable in the past. btw. I accept your apology fo calling me a liar.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Even if he doesn't get any better this is a good deadline move for the Sens.

They're quietly killing it with their moves so far

Reactions: PatrickMcC

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
lol always thought Mete had decent potential due to his skating, but there just isn’t enough offence in him to make up for his physical inadequacy defensively.

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
wanna know how upset Habs fans are about this? RDS hasn't even reported yet!! They don't even care..lol

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Ottawa gonna regret this move.

Mete is supposedly an offensive defenseman that doesn’t score goals.

I know a lot of beer leaguers that have a better shot than Mete. Factor in that he absolutely cannot handle any kind of NHL forwards down low and I'm really not sure what he is good at. He skates fast, I'll give him that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad