Confirmed Trade: [OTT/VGK] Evgenii Dadonov for Nick Holden and 2022 3rd round pick

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
We don't know if Chiarot returns a 1st but Holden don't have the same resume and playoff success. Same size but Chiarot's skating for his size is not readily available. I honestly don't think a lot of people have even watched Chiarot play in the last two playoffs.

Chiarot has played 23-25 min a game for the Habs for a while now (Regular season and playoffs). He's battle tested in big games. Holden is not. He played 16 min a game for the Knights. Not the same situation but he might return something good.

I'll make a bet that Chiarot returns a fair amount more than Holden? You want to take that bet?
Actually hilarious that everyone is dumping on him right now because his JFresh card sucks. This guy was a stud in the playoffs and there’s a reason his coach trusted him so much.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Actually hilarious that everyone is dumping on him right now because his JFresh card sucks. This guy was a stud in the playoffs and there’s a reason his coach trusted him so much.

I totally get it cause if I was a fan of a cup contender and I wanted Chiarot, I'd have a problem with the 1st too. I think people are getting caught in a knot about the "possible 1st narrative" the media has presented and then some fans are in attack mode and try to deflate Chiarot.

I stand firm. My price was two 2nd's but I can see a team stepping up due to several teams wanting him. Typical deadline stuff. Some of it develops and some of it does not. Regardless of his trade value, his value on the ice for a playoff team looking to add muscle/size/skating is being underrated by many

Reactions: SquidNasty

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Supposedly they were going to have to lose two of Cirelli, Sergachev, and Cernak in the 2020 offseason. Then Kucherov got "injured" and suddenly they were able to keep all three and win a cup.

Then there was supposedly going to be a comeuppance in 2021, but they traded Tyler Johnson, a negative value contract, and a 2nd round pick for Brent Seabrook's exempt contract.

2/3 of the third line was rentals, they lost Gourde in the expansion draft. You don't need to win a cup three years in a row to prove that your circumvention worked.

I think your original statement of having to blow it up was an exaggeration.

Most people just say they won't be able to keep everyone under the cap and will have to lose certain players and become worse.

I think that happened to Tampa. I think they got worse because they weren't able to keep everyone and now won't win the cup this year... Because they got worse...because they couldn't keep everyone...because of the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad