Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJS] Hoffman, Donaghy, 5th ('20) for Boedker, Bergman, 6th ('20)

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
"Hello Dorion, we would like some Duchene for Dubinsky and a 2nd in 2025, he has some off ice issues as well."

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
Watch her get acquitted now and it become defamation. Woof. That would be the worst.

giphy.gif

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone have any info on Bergman? (Try to make it sound half decent for us sad Sens fans, please...)

This deal is fine if it means Karlsson stays. That’s a big ‘if’, though.
He was highly touted when drafted. Supposed to be a solid, second pairing, two way D. Never quite blossomed as expected. Probably won't be a top 4 any more unless he's a late bloomer, but still has bottom pairing potential.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Peanuts a pretty good forward in Hoffman. I have to imagine that a lot of teams were completely uninterested because of the off-ice shenanigans. I hope Hoffman leaves the girl in Ontario and has a successful life in California.

If this increases the odds of the Sens re-signing Karlsson, then it's not the worst trade in the world. They're headed for dead last next year though.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
We went from some solid offers at the trade deadline for Hoffman where Dorian decided to hardball to this. I don't know Donaghy or Bergman though so maybe its not terrible?

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Wow. Unless the Sens can get their 1st back, theyre basically forced to be competitive (or rather, try to) next season

Especially with so little future returns here

Karlsson will either be in Colorado or Ottawa next season, i feel

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Terrible value for OTT

Makes me wonder if their internal investigation on this matter makes Hoffman look really bad.

I doubt their internal investigation brings more light into that matter. They had to decide between a chance to sign a new contract with Karlsson or not. So Hoffman was the odd man out.

Imagine if it turns out that Hoffman and his GF are innocent....

I´ve never seen a franchise go this south in only 6 months.... Duchene thought Colorado was a mess.... Oh wait.... I feel bad for Boedker too.....

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Well I guess that answers the question of Hoffman's trade value.

Oof.

well all those people arguing that his value was not affected just got their answer

not the first and good prospect they could have gotten at the deadline

also--without hijacking this thread--I believe we also just got somewhat of an answer as to just who knew what --when

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
What a shitty trade but you knew it was coming. One thing I noticed looking at Hoffman, Stone and Dzingel (was just curious about who was all on the team). Ottawa seems to be pretty good at finding talent outside of the first 3 rounds. Good drafting, hopefully they can turn it around.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I’ve read on the other Hoffman thread that no team would want him and he may never play in the NHL again and now people are upset by the return?

Reactions: Rgani1488

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Every dollar saved counts from now on for Ottawa. They get rid of their locker room drama, save money, get a decent 2 way forward back who could excel in Ottawa. Not sure on the prospect return, dont know the kid.

This might be just what we needed to resign Karlsson. Also have Stone and Duchene to resign. Like I said, every dollar counts. Y'all just look at the negative.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Wow! Ottawa should've held out until at least the draft. This is such bad value. What a bad org

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad