Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJS] Hoffman, Donaghy, 5th ('20) for Boedker, Bergman, 6th ('20)

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
That is a kind of a head scratcher. No idea how anyone could think that they had to make such move, especially that early.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Did not see that coming. How much does Hoffman make? With this move they must feel they won't get Tavares

They add a little over $1M in terms of the cap, but they just need to buyout Paul Martin to recoup that and more. They still have enough money to be competitive for Tavares if they so desire.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Great job Ottawa. Great job getting next to nothing for Hoffman.

Also great job in trading him now, not earlier when this whole harassment thing didn’t get out in public.

f***. The Sens are my second favourite team and it’s a tough time to be liking them. What an underwhelming return although it was expected.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I admit I'm a bit surprised at the return here. I would have thought with 30 other teams, that someone would have given a better offer. Maybe it was a case of the Sens just wanted him gone and wanted it done ASAP so they bit the bullet.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Dorion was in a tough spot.. player who has been rumored to be on the block for a while now becomes a must trade target due to the media, GM's aren't stupid, they know Dorion can only do one thing.

Great trade for SJ. Once the dust settles + change of scenery i doubt Hoffman will bring any huge drama with him. And he's a lot better than Boedker.

its not like she is staying in Ottawa.....

Also damn good job on their end getting some decent value back for him.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Why would he?
They have a helluva job to convince all 3 of Karlsson/Duchene/Stone re-sign there longterm.

They are looking like the worst team in the league AINEC and they don't even have a 2019 1st :laugh:

It sure does look bleak. They probably need to blow it up and start over and trading Karlsson could net them a ton of futures.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Melnyk saves 5M in salary I guess everyone wins except Sens fans

37 points for Boedker last year. Not as much as Hoffman but only 7 goals back.

Sens didn't get as much as Hoffman was worth a month ago, but still got a decent player to help their team.

I was honestly expecting a little worse

Reactions: swiftwin

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Anyone have any info on Bergman? (Try to make it sound half decent for us sad Sens fans, please...)

This deal is fine if it means Karlsson stays. That’s a big ‘if’, though.

He isn't a nothing prospect if that helps a bit?

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
IMO this seals that some sort of shit is going to come out where Hoffman's fiancee doesn't come out looking good. Probably wanted to dump him before that happened.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If this was the best deal available, think about the other offers. Yikes.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Here's another stupid trade that this trade board would laugh at posters suggesting it...

Hey HF Trade board? GM's are more stupid than you think. Let posters suggest what YOU think are stupid suggestions...it might actually happen. I know. We have Bergevin as our GM.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It sure does look bleak. They probably need to blow it up and start over and trading Karlsson could net them a ton of futures.

I haven't seen anything this bad by owner/management since I've watched NHL.

Fire everyone in the management, sell the team and rebuild completely.
There's no easy way out here.

They are about lock to finish last next season.

Sens just wanted to get rid of Hoffman for obvious reasons. It sucks for them but maybe the silver lining is they could potentially keep Karlsson?

If they traded him for value then could see it, but now no way.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Sens obviously felt the pressure to offload him and there just wasnt the interest there should have been.

A 1st line winger for a 3rd line winger. Sens even get the worse pick? They're just trying to slow down this PR nightmare.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: