Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJ] Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers, 1st, 2nd, cdnl picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
That defense is just woooof.
The one i really feel bad for is Chabot. That kid is being brought up in a losing environment.
You know it’s really bad when either Borowiecki, DeMelo, Harpur Or Wideman is top 4.

1st LD Chabot RD Ceci
2nd or 3rd LD Borowiecki RD DeMelo
3rd or 2nd LD Harpur RD Wideman

LD Wolanin
LD Englund
RD Burgdoerfer
LD Sieloff
RD Jaros

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Still hard to believe SJ got him for a couple 'meh' players, a 'meh' prospect still in college (and can be UFA after this season, I believe), and a couple picks that MAY turn into good NHLers in 5 years (or more), so the 'assets' they got today may not even be around when and if those picks turn out. Amazingly, it's bad for both now AND the future. How did Dorion manage to pull this rabbit out of his hat? Stunning.

The only question now is: how badly does Wilson bend Dorion over in acquiring Mark Stone at the TDL? You just know it's gonna happen.

Reactions: VickAshley

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
The Shark are my favourite Western team, and holy shit is the 9 year old kid in me that never knew how to pronounce "San Jose" at first excited. But seeing the Sens are my second favourite Eastern team, I'm disappointed. That's a "$10 Canadian for $10 US" trade. But someone posted earlier of EK in a Sharks jersey, and man does he ever look good in that.

Watch now the Sharks trade Braun to Colorado for Ottawa' 1st.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Honestly this looks like a rentel deal to me. All the grade A assets teams were offering were all likely contingent on Kalrsson signing an extension. Unless Karlsson resings in the next few days this was a rental deal and should likely be treated as such.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Honestly this looks like a rentel deal to me. All the grade A assets teams were offering were all likely contingent on Kalrsson signing an extension. Unless Karlsson resings in the next few days this was a rental deal and should likely be treated as such.

Yah I agree. But even as a rental how did no one beat this package for him? No core players went back for Karl’s. Surely another contender would have beaten that for a rental.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
The Shark are my favourite Western team, and holy **** is the 9 year old kid in me that never knew how to pronounce "San Jose" at first excited. But seeing the Sens are my second favourite Eastern team, I'm disappointed. That's a "$10 Canadian for $10 US" trade. But someone posted earlier of EK in a Sharks jersey, and man does he ever look good in that.

Watch now the Sharks trade Braun to Colorado for Ottawa' 1st.
Why the hell would Colorado do that?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Can these Pacific teams f*** off with adding all this elite talent for essentially nothing. Vegas gets a 30 goal man in Patches and San Jose gets Norris stud Karlsson for bullshit.

f*** me. f*** you Dorian.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I believe he will sign in SJ and I doubt that these grade A assets were even available.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Whose to day they cant resign karlsson

Nobody. But it's a possibility, not a certainty. *Every* team in the league may have the option to sign Karlsson soon enough. San Jose did obtain the chance to give Karlsson an extended tour of the franchise and exclusive negotiation rights for 10 months. 1 season + negotiation rights is what was on the table. That's gonna mean less suitors, less willingness to give up significant assets. Ottawa wasn't going to get a return for a superstar in this trade.

In other words, they should have never let it come to that point with Karlsson. That's their real sin here. The sin of letting the relationship with your franchise player deteriorate to this degree up to this point.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Norris is a hell of a prospect, but why all this other stuff? Does Ottawa really need all these bodies.
Balcers will probably be in the A again/limited NHL time - Perron is being shipped out, so there's a spot (different role obv)
Karlsson gone, extra spot on D now. Demelo will compete
Norris likely a year or two away, possibly three if he plays out his college eligibility.

really just leaves Tierney, but Gaborik was just ruled out to start the season and we shouldn't be surprised if a guy like Stone (or frankly any other roster player) is traded, as Dorion and Melnyk said they're going for a rebuild.

Reactions: tonyhawks77

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
OMG

I can't belive another team couldn't beat that. Leafs should have offered Lillgren and 1st.

Perhaps he didn't want to extend with anybody except Tampa and Tampa couldn't afford him.

Can't believe PD got trolled by Wilson and then still does another deal with him.

Is it possible SJ owner paid money to Melnyk behind the scenes? I see no other way a deal this horrible is possible.

Is Wilson to PD what Garth Snow is to Chiarelli?

Am I wrong to say Montreal got more for Pac?

Sens fans are better off hoping the team folds/moves and then try for an expansion team. No fans deserve this. Brutal.

Reactions: VickAshley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino