Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Senators sign Michael Haley (1 year, 700k, 2-way)

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
It is amazing how many feel that game was a terrible blow to hockey's image; yet did not leave the stadium in protest, turn off their TVs and never watch another replay, or just flat out walk away from hockey as a whole due to its violent, graphic nature.
Game of the year. How many views has it gotten on YouTube? How loud was the cheering. It's not like the nhl is in dire financial straits.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
It’s actually embarrassing for the league that clowns like this keep getting contracts. Imagine being a young guy in the Senators organization and being told your being sent down so they can keep this plug around?!

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
It’s actually embarrassing for the league that clowns like this keep getting contracts. Imagine being a young guy in the Senators organization and being told your being sent down so they can keep this plug around?!

Just can't see this guy playing more than a handful of games with the big club this year.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It is amazing how many feel that game was a terrible blow to hockey's image; yet did not leave the stadium in protest, turn off their TVs and never watch another replay, or just flat out walk away from hockey as a whole due to its violent, graphic nature.
Occasionally while im eating, I love to load up some good brawls on youtube, that one usually gets in the rotation.

Reactions: vandymeer13

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Imagine how you don't make that much of an impact that a team would rather Haley incase things get nasty.

It's also better to have Haley on the 4th line than a potentially a good player who isn't quite ready yet. Let them tear up the A than have Haley be meh down there.

Reactions: vandymeer13

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Having fans like this is embarrassing to the sport

I don’t mind a good hockey fight; I just want the players to actually be able to play the game a bit. Give me Jamie Benn, the Tkachuk boys, Shea Weber... anyone who can play and drop the gloves occasionally.

If you enjoy guys that can JUST fight, then your not really a fan of the game, just fight. Stick to MMA or boxing.

Reactions: Ignatius and HzH

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Given some of the comments here, you folks would have HATED hockey back in the 80s and 90s, let alone even ten years ago.

Been a hockey fan my whole life; witnessed the Big Bad Bruins, Broad Street Bullies, the Probert & Kocur combo in Detroit etc. Have also seen countless “enforcers” take their own lives far too early. So my appetite for fights isn’t what it used to be. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy the odd fight between “hockey players” that is a bi-product of game action and a fierce desire to compete.

Having said that, I understand that hockey is a physical and emotional game... I played; not at the professional level; and fought, so I appreciate that having the ability to respond and stand up for yourself and teammates is preferable to relying on stick work to “even” the score. I really have no desire to watch players who’s sole skill is to punch faces. The sooner the “goon” is totally eliminated from the game, the better in my opinion.

Blade Runner

Jun 8, 2007
I don’t mind a good hockey fight; I just want the players to actually be able to play the game a bit. Give me Jamie Benn, the Tkachuk boys, Shea Weber... anyone who can play and drop the gloves occasionally.

If you enjoy guys that can JUST fight, then your not really a fan of the game, just fight. Stick to MMA or boxing.

But Haley isn't a goon like Peter Worrell or Eric Godard. He is not a bad player at all.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa

Typical snowflake response. I like fighting i just want it to be skilled players. Look at some guys junior stats. Peter Worrell scott parker both guys put up points. Who are you to say a guy has skill enough. If you get to the nhl you can at least play a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad