Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Senators sign Chris Kelly (1 year, $900k)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Bottom six is generous, hes a 4th line player at this point.

Love Chris Kelly, hope he succeeds in Ottawa (again).
Thats all we need him for ,we just need guys who know how to play a sound defensive game .And teach some of the kids like Lazar Paul ETC .I think he is a good choice at a low price :handclap:

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Ugh. Then again, how much could it hurt?

He's a fine locker room guy, good head for the game. Maybe he teaches some of the young guys a few things. I guess this kills any opportunity of moving Lazar back to centre.

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
Thats all we need him for ,we just need guys who know how to play a sound defensive game .And teach some of the kids like Lazar Paul ETC .I think he is a good choice at a low price :handclap:

Definitely a good signing at that price. The real question is whether or not his body holds up. Back injuries, coupled with the fact that he snapped his femur in a non contact injury last year scare the hell out of me. I wish him the best back in Ottawa!

Ugh. Then again, how much could it hurt?

He's a fine locker room guy, good head for the game. Maybe he teaches some of the young guys a few things. I guess this kills any opportunity of moving Lazar back to centre.

I wouldn't guarantee that. Kelly played a lot of LW as his time in Boston was winding down.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Weird that a signing makes 2 fan bases happy but it does. Glad he gets a shot and glad the Bruins wil let the youth get there shot. I see him as a future coach one day.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
@900K I'm glad he's home and will likely retire a Sen. As he should.

Also the lessons he can teach guys like Lazar/Paul/Dzingel even McCormick and Robinson are invaluable.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Worth it ,for 900k .This guy has a place in Ottawa after his playing days are done ,wouldnt mind seeing him do what Donovan has done .Working with our kids as well as some of our vets :handclap:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
and bruins fans exhale....

Oh yeah what a relief!!!! 900 k for defensively responsible left handed center that can play wing and has 3 cup final appearances that is decent in the dot. Good lord I wouldn't want to break the bank on a player like that.

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
Oh yeah what a relief!!!! 900 k for defensively responsible left handed center that can play wing and has 3 cup final appearances that is decent in the dot. Good lord I wouldn't want to break the bank on a player like that.

Lol :shakehead:shakehead. It's not about his price at all. Or his versatility. It's the fact that if brought back to Boston, Julien would've treated him like his Binky. Going back to him at the expense of a younger player who deserves a shot more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad