Proposal: OTT-PHI: Pinto for Bonk

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Can Philly afford to pay Tippett, give Hart a decent raise from his 4 mil while still paying 9 mil on Hayes-Petersen-DeAngelo?
Flyers aren't going to be able to keep everyone.
Tippett will get raise 2024
York raise in 25
Hart and TK free agents in 25
Hopefully Frost progresses and gets raise in 25

You probably are going to trade Walker UNLESS you can trade Risto in 24 offseason. Can't pay both on rhd.

You are begging someone trades for Cam Atkinson with Flyers retaining 40-50%. Flyers stacked at rw in the system. Either Brink or Tuomaala replaces Atkinson.

Peterson either plays out or buy depending upon when u need cap $ more.

The odd man out to me is Hart. Yes its early on Ersson. Most goalie go through a year 2 or year 3 slump in their careers. But Ersson screams a future 1 goalie. Where Hart is steady eddie and the 12th-15th best goalie in the league, Ersson seems to come up with the really hard save.

No perfect call but if choice is TK or Hart, TK stays, Hart goes and its not even close.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure about rookie criterias but he scored 20 at 23 yrs old.
he played 2 previous seasons including major injury and scored 1 in 17 gp
Drafted 2019.

he will be 24 one month into next season.

He only turned 23 two months ago. None of his 20 goals were scored as a 23-year old.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, though. Why are you telling me when he was drafted? Why are you telling me what he did the previous two seasons? What does that have to do with anything?

Are you hung up on the word rookie? Does it make it better if I say he's a 6'2 23-year old centre who scored 20-goals in his first full season in the league?

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Fair enough. I don't know Bonk at all so I won't even bother commenting on the trade value here.

I just think projecting a 20/35 rookie season into a long-term 40-45 point player is lowballing and not generally backed up by a lot of evidence.

Some guys go that route, but it's odd to call that shot here, especially for a leafs fan who probably doesn't know Pinto's game too well.

I think the sens brass know what this kid is, which is why it would take a lot to pry him out of ottawa. Time will tell, but I'm confident that this kid is going to be closer to a 1C than a 3C.
If it was a player on a team he likes he wouldn't make this projection.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Flyers aren't going to be able to keep everyone.
Tippett will get raise 2024
York raise in 25
Hart and TK free agents in 25
Hopefully Frost progresses and gets raise in 25

You probably are going to trade Walker UNLESS you can trade Risto in 24 offseason. Can't pay both on rhd.

You are begging someone trades for Cam Atkinson with Flyers retaining 40-50%. Flyers stacked at rw in the system. Either Brink or Tuomaala replaces Atkinson.

Peterson either plays out or buy depending upon when u need cap $ more.

The odd man out to me is Hart. Yes its early on Ersson. Most goalie go through a year 2 or year 3 slump in their careers. But Ersson screams a future 1 goalie. Where Hart is steady eddie and the 12th-15th best goalie in the league, Ersson seems to come up with the really hard save.

No perfect call but if choice is TK or Hart, TK stays, Hart goes and its not even close.
I have yet to see an offer or an expected return on Hart so i’m not in a hurry to move him. Certainly not for a 2nd round pick.
i thought Tippett might be of interest to the Sens for a disgruntled Chychrun. Could be pricy.
Thought same for Frost but seems like he responded very well to latest benching.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
You are consistently about pushing out to the future. Keep the strength down the middle and overpay for a RD in free agency.

And how has selling our futures for immediate short-term gain worked for the Sens thus far?

Team's biggest need is a quality two-way right-handed defenseman and is has been for the last 15 years.

I admire your optimism but I can guarantee you we're not going to find a quality UFA RD in free agency and it's almost impossible to find current top 4 RD available for trade.

Have to get a bit more creative, hence the proposal.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I think Pinto is worth more than Bonk without question.

Pinto is a 6'2 centre who scored 20-goals as a rookie.

"Scored 20 goals as a rookie" is a very charitable way of saying he scored 20 goals but only 35 points in 82 games centering two 60-70 point wingers on the Sens' 2nd line.

If you think he's worth more than Bonk, that's fine, but I think people are overstating how impressive Pinto's season was last year.

• Haha
Reactions: FerrisRox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad