Proposal: Ott & NYI

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Duchene is just what the doctor ordered, to beat this nagging cough.

Stone and Panarin are the cure for cancer. I'd rather shoot for one of those than mess around with a signed Duchene at this point, and yes I guess even if that means getting nobody.

As for you OP, your value was fair, don't let these crazy Isles fans get you down. I've seen everything now, people belittling a proposal, on a message board, because a piece of it they believe is improbable. To me it's the equivalent of debating the outcome of WWE matches. It's a message board, the whole place is fantasy for Christ's sake.

Reactions: Clamshells

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
Amen to that,the folks running these teams are smarter than us(well,for the most part),the"crap"teams with "good players",have to maximize the get," because we can't let em walk for nuttin "

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
NYI first, Bellows, and Mitch Van S for Duche as a rental. Maybe throw in JHS. That’s as far as I go.

You get a first, something you will sorely miss. And potential.

Bellows will be a solid NHLer w a world class shot. MVS 2-3rd pairing. JHS, only he knows/dictates what he’ll culminate into.

Reactions: IODCPiper

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
For a SIGNED Duche I’d consider Whalstrom. No Dobson. Whal is a wonderful consolation prize.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
NYI first, Bellows, and Mitch Van S for Duche as a rental. Maybe throw in JHS. That’s as far as I go.

You get a first, something you will sorely miss. And potential.

Bellows will be a solid NHLer w a world class shot. MVS 2-3rd pairing. JHS, only he knows/dictates what he’ll culminate into.

You and I have very different expectations for Bellows.
I would not even want to give up that because A) I cannot recall the last time the TDL had so many quality players being shopped and B) everything Duchene says indicates he and Brisson are not passing up the ufa market in 4+ months

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
To Ott:
Dobson
Bellows
2020 round 3 pick

To Isles:
Duchene signed and traded
Unsigned Dzingle

Key note: Duchene and Dzingle have been having some damn good chemistry together this year. This would be huge for NY in the playoffs.

Who says no? How could I make the offer better? Apologies on if the value is slightly off... Only have a rough idea of the Isles prospect value

Signed and traded is like a Bigfoot sighting . This is just silly

Cheers

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Sorry to snap at you, but haven't you had enough of this super fantasy 'sign and trade' scenarios?

Duchene is a rental to the Isles. Let's not go to the quantum realm of fantasy (on a fantasy board no less) so we can entertain these unavailable assets like Dobson. Plus, I think my love for Dobson makes me roll eyes faster than usual. I'm biased and compromised.

You have enviable eye roll range and flexibility, too.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
As in it's rare? Its not common but it's happened.

Turris
Kessel
Hossa
Burrows
Anderssen

Just to name a few. Most of the above signed extensions the day before or after the trade

Which of those players were pending UFA's? Kessel and Turris were RFA's from what I remember. Anderssen too. Don't remember the exact deal regarding Hossa, don't care enough about Burrows to remember the details.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Turris
Kessel
Hossa
Burrows
Anderssen

Just to name a few. Most of the above signed extensions the day before or after the trade

Kessel, Hossa and Andersen were RFAs, huge difference. None of these three trades happened during the regular season.

Turris and Burrows didn't land vastly superior packages to what they would have gotten unsigned.

I want to find a UFA, a couple months from leaving and exploring his options, who is traded in a sign-and-trade, and returns a higher compensation than he would have gotten. It's never happened. The "signed UFA" is a HFboards urban legend with not a single real-life example you can point to.

Reactions: PWJunior

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
I know this is all hypothetical and the argument is about value

BUTTT - 2 things aren't happening.

Duchene signing a contract before 7/1

The Islanders trading Dobson

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Turris
Kessel
Hossa
Burrows
Anderssen

I do not recall even one of those players you listed,saying what Duchene was quoted saying " he is intrigued by the Tavares ufa process".

Even if Duchene and Tavares did not share the same agent ( Brisson), this would be a clear indication Duchene is not passing up the ufa market.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
A.) Lamoriello will not trade Dobson for anyone currently rumored to be available

B.) The odds of Duchene signing a long-term deal with the Islanders whlist months away from unrestricted free agency seem slim, especially with the connections Duchene seems to have with the city of Nashville (investments, general culture, etc.).

Reactions: PWJunior

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Kessel, Hossa and Andersen were RFAs, huge difference. None of these three trades happened during the regular season.

Turris and Burrows didn't land vastly superior packages to what they would have gotten unsigned.

I want to find a UFA, a couple months from leaving and exploring his options, who is traded in a sign-and-trade, and returns a higher compensation than he would have gotten. It's never happened. The "signed UFA" is a HFboards urban legend with not a single real-life example you can point to.

Turris was a pending UFA the 2nd time around.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Turris was a pending UFA the 2nd time around.

Who got Girard, Kamenev, and a late 2nd from Nashville. Is this really significant value more than what he could have gotten as a pure rental? Girard as a centerpiece (way closer to Wilde than Dobson in value) and two meh assets alongside him, to a competitive Nashville team that had no room for the NHL-ready Girard but needed centers.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Had Turris made a comment that he was intrigued , by a star player's recent ufa process?

Duchene is 4+ months from hitting the ufa market. Imo Duchene is not signing a nyi extension.

I agree he will probably end up going to UFA but just because hes intrigued about something doesn't mean he will do it. If the Isles gave him an offer he can't refuse hed take it. Who tf wouldn't want to be an NHL player living in NYC

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
These would be follow up questions to be asked as well. Either way, I would pass on trading Dobson.

Let's do this for fun.....

To Isles:
Duchene signed and traded for 7 years at 8.5 mil per year
Unsigned Dzingle

To Ott:
Wahlstrom
2019 1st
Aho
Hickey

Let me know if I'm close or way off.
I'd do that trade. I think Aho is a decent dman even though I'd probably want Wilde instead.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I really have no interest in Dzingel.

Stone intrigues me, Duchene is my number one target.

I hope the Isles get him.

I love the Lee-Nelson-Eberle line

Having that supported by

Duchene-Barzal-Bailey would be nasty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad