Confirmed Trade: [OTT/FLA] Josh Brown for 2020 4th round pick

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Can anyone confirm if Patrick Brown or JT Brown can play defense?

Best Ottawa could probably do is move Logan to LD, he's the only lefty among active NHL players. Then they'd have to trade for Dustin + Patrick. .

Dustin Brown - Patrick Brown - Connor Brown

Logan Brown - Josh Brown

Reactions: KristichBabych

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
DJ Smith was his coach in the juniors. I'm not sure i'd given up a 4th rounder. I'm sure Dorion could have offered a 6th rounder and gotten him.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Don’t really see why Ottawa gave up a 4th for a dime a dozen depth defenseman.

If Ottawa wanted Josh Brown that badly they probably could have gotten him off waivers before the regular season, instead Dorian gives away a draft pick for a player they could have got for nothing.

Ottawa should be keeping their picks while rebuilding not giving them away for basically nothing.

Reactions: bert and robsenz

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
5 years of unparalleled success starts now...they really couldn't have just signed a UFA for this role?

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
@Sens fans scouting report on Josh Brown

He is a decent #6 dman. He throws hits, can fight, no shot or passing, below average speed. He is your traditional stay at home defenseman. As a Florida fan I am surprised he had the value of a 4th but he's not a bad player and you'll like what he brings to your team. Good trade for both sides.

Leadership-of a Championship club?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Don’t really see why Ottawa gave up a 4th for a dime a dozen depth defenseman.

If Ottawa wanted Josh Brown that badly they probably could have gotten him off waivers before the regular season, instead Dorian gives away a draft pick for a player they could have got for nothing.

Ottawa should be keeping their picks while rebuilding not giving them away for basically nothing.
Believe it or not they've been giving them away for a while and still have 12 left. Its been an unprecedented level of bad asset management since Dorion has taken over. I think this is now the 4th player they have given up assets for that passed through waivers and the 8th player theyve traded for that if you include LTIR. Trading assets at their lowest possible value. They are officially a farm team for the NHL. Dorion from a value perspective has lost almost every single trade he has made from the outlook. He won the Dzingel one and the Karlsson deal but that was pure luck not forsight. At the time of the deal it was horrid. San Jose had a 79% probability of making the playoffs last year and Norris was coming off a dissapointing injury filled season. He loses every type of trade, whether its buying or selling he gets taken to the cleaners. Every NHL gm should be on the phone with him at every single opportunity. I mean even Benning and Tallon ripped him off. Look at his side burns, he cant even negotiate with his barber.

Last edited:
Reactions: Altimus

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Believe it or not they've been giving them away for a while and still have 12 left. Its been an unprecedented level of bad asset management since Dorion has taken over. I think this is now the 4th player they have given up assets for that passed through waivers and the 8th player theyve traded for that if you include LTIR. Trading assets at their lowest possible value. They are officially a farm team for the NHL. Dorion from a value perspective has lost almost every single trade he has made from the outlook. He won the Dzingel one and the Karlsson deal but that was pure luck not forsight. At the time of the deal it was horrid. San Jose had a 79% probability of making the playoffs last year and Norris was coming off a dissapointing injury filled season. He loses every type of trade, whether its buying or selling he gets taken to the cleaners. Every NHL gm should be on the phone with him at every single opportunity. I mean even Benning and Tallon ripped him off. Look at his side burns, he cant even negotiate with his barber.

when did Tallon rip him off?? Only trades I recall with him and the Sens was the Wideman-Rodewald deal. If you’re thinking Hoffman, he was sent to the Sharks and flipped to us.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Both teams get something they needed. Florida gets cap space/roster spot and a pick and Ottawa shores up the lower end of its top 6 with a decent enough kid that could still blossom in the right environment.

Reactions: Laus723

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don’t really see how you can blame him for that. How was he, or anyone for that matter, to know that they’d flip him like they did?
Blame him? I dont blame anyone just took advantage of a dumb gm. Dorion didnt want to trade him within the division so like the idiot he is took less from someone else to send him out west only to get fleeced by both Florida and San Jose.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Blame him? I dont blame anyone just took advantage of a dumb gm. Dorion didnt want to trade him within the division so like the idiot he is took less from someone else to send him out west only to get fleeced by both Florida and San Jose.

lol, kinda sounds like ya blame him. I mean, I don’t really care, just was wondering how Tallon got him. He took less, but I don’t think anyone really thought the Sharks would flip a skilled player like they did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad