PTO: [OTT] F Josh Bailey signs PTO with the Senators (released)

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Can't skate anymore, can't make this team...I'm sure someone will pick him up eventually...Ridley Grieg, Smejkal were better for thr Sens.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Ouch. I thought the Sens were a weird place for him to take his PTO run at it. He just doesn't make sense unless you've got a vacant Top-6 placeholder spot and don't actually care much about having a strong Top-6 or winning this season.

Just isn't the type of player to bring anything useful to a team in a bottom-6 role.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
As was noted, his skating really dropped off last season, and this league is emphasizing speed more than ever.

Think he can find a spot on a bottom feeder. He still has skills and IQ.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Thank God… still good on the PP because he’s a high IQ player with good hands but other than that, he just can’t keep up

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
Feels like he’d be a good addition for a bottom dweller that needs some veteran leadership. Certainly he’d be an improvement over 90% of San Jose’s roster.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Can't skate anymore, can't make this team...I'm sure someone will pick him up eventually...Ridley Grieg, Smejkal were better for thr Sens.

Pretty much sums it up.

I'm sure that Bailey could still be a useful player in a limited role. The Senators just didn't have the cap space and had to assign a couple dudes to the AHL who would be ahead of him on the depth chart.

Reactions: SensFactor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad