PTO: [OTT] F Josh Bailey signs PTO with the Senators (released)

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Hope we can find a way to fit him. Seems like an ideal depth pickup.

He still has some gas left in the tank.

Reactions: Icelevel

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Hope he makes it. Won’t find a better Pro. He still has enough game to be a third liner.

Does he really though? I think that's the issue with Bailey. He's really not a "bottom-6" type player. He's more of an offensive, scoring line player...who has slowed down to the point you really don't want him in your Top-6 anymore. That makes him a tricky fit for most clubs.

If you've got the right spot for him, on say...an offense-oriented, soft minutes, third "scoring line", he could definitely add something. But it's a bit of a niche fit. Especially when guys like Tatar who are more legitimate Top-6 Wingers are scrambling for last minute 1-year $1.5M deals.

Geez, I'm surprised he accepted a PTO.

This is still surprising though. I would've thought there's at least someone out there who would toss him a close to minimum deal to fill out a roster as scoring depth somewhere. But i guess not. Everyone wants to get their young, cheap players those minutes and opportunity to crack the roster.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
cant believe all he got was a pto. nice move for the sens.

I would not be surprised at all if Matieu Joseph is traded very soon and they give a league minimum contract to Bailey.

Then sign Pinto.
why wouldn't said team just sign bailey instead of moving assets for joseph

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I would not be surprised at all if Matieu Joseph is traded very soon and they give a league minimum contract to Bailey.

Then sign Pinto.
What are the sens adding to Joseph? That's a lot of $ for a 13th Forward

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
What are the sens adding to Joseph? That's a lot of $ for a 13th Forward
There's no way he's a 13th forward. The f***er had the worst year ever last year, but he's a lot better than he's shown. I really hope we can find a way to keep him.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
cant believe all he got was a pto. nice move for the sens.

why wouldn't said team just sign bailey instead of moving assets for joseph

Joseph is younger and plays with more jam than Bailey at this point but it would mostly be to get another asset (pick/prospect) I would guess. If it happens..let's see I could also see Brannstrom moving.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Joseph is younger and plays with more jam than Bailey at this point but it would mostly be to get another asset (pick/prospect) I would guess. If it happens..let's see I could also see Brannstrom moving.
brannstrom makes more sense, can't really see there being much interest in joseph with that contract.

i wonder if this mean they aren't making progress with pinto.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
brannstrom makes more sense, can't really see there being much interest in joseph with that contract.

i wonder if this mean they aren't making progress with pinto.
No, nothing to do with Pinto. Pinto is on a completely different level than either. It likely means were unfortunately attaching something to Joseph to get rid of him

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
No, nothing to do with Pinto. Pinto is on a completely different level than either. It likely means were unfortunately attaching something to Joseph to get rid of him

Somewhere between Opstapchuk and a 1st is the type of value it's going to take for someone to take on Joseph IMO. I don't think something like a 2nd and a scrub prospect makes it happen unfortunately.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Somewhere between Opstapchuk and a 1st is the type of value it's going to take for someone to take on Joseph IMO. I don't think something like a 2nd and a scrub prospect makes it happen unfortunately.

Fuuuuuck that then. Brannstrom it is.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019

It won't take nearly that much, especially if we retain. Joseph is overpaid by about 500k.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
As a Rangers fan, I think he can still be a 15 -20 goal scorer. Coach didn't like him on the Islanders for some reason

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Nah odds are is we will need Branny more then we need Ostapchuk this season. Love our defense now but they can't seem to stay healthy.
I find it hard to swallow to give up a prospect like Ostapchuk to rid ourselves of a good player because of a million dollars. I don't want to get rid of either Brannstrom or Joseph personally

Reactions: StoneHoffs129

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad