Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Connor Brown re-signs with Senators (3 years, $3.6M AAV)

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Brown works his ass off, can't carry a line but an excellent compliment to a middle-six line, can jam in 30-40 points and is responsible enough to PK.

Nice term, decent hit.

Reactions: Laminator

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
overpaid IMO

What would he have to do over the next 3 years to justify his contract, in your opinion?

Brown works his ass off, can't carry a line but an excellent compliment to a middle-six line, can jam in 30-40 points and is responsible enough to PK.

Nice term, decent hit.

He's also never missed a game in his NHL career despite playing a style that attracts contact.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I was a huge fan of Brown on the Leafs ever since the season he dominated the OHL and was hoping he’d turn into our next Gary Roberts. His hustle was always something I loved watching and I’m glad to see he’s starting to put up some points at the NHL level. He’s likely not going to be a top line player on a playoff contender but he should be a great placeholder as someone to eat some minutes until the Senators prospects are ready and he returns to the third line.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Great deal for Brown cow. He's a solid NHL player capable of filling in on every line and providing PK help too. Great dude in the room. Glad he's found a home in Ottawa. All the best.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Pretty good. There was some speculation in Ottawa he could get more if the arb found him comparable to Labanc for sharks.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm sorry but that is an outrageous claim.
Yes. The Sens are on the right track, they have a way to go before their young players are lapping a core of Matthews, Marner, Nylander, you'd be laughed out of the thread if you made that comment about any other similar team.
67777EA6-2A17-4D46-B9D2-795AC928C1E3.jpeg

No one was comparing the players currently, you’re the only one thinking in that direction.
The Senators have shown a clear ability that they are capable of winning rounds with the worst owner in the league. They went to the ecf just 3 years ago so I have full confidence they will win rounds in a couple of seasons. Smart off seasons like this past one will set them up great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Congrats to Brown, and the Senators... as a Leaf fan, one of those guys you were sad to leave your franchise, but still wish him well in the future. One of the hardest working guys out there, that's managed to perform above expectations due to that work ethic, well deserved.
Everyone loved Brown but he is not the guy we were going to spend this kind of cap on so we had to move on

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Mid 40s production with very limited PP opportunities plus a very good defensive player who can play anywhere in the lineup.

Seems like a pretty fair contract, guessing 2 of the years are UFAs?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Most other similar teams have won a playoff round.

The leafs with their super talented core didnt even make the playoffs last season

Well, let’s be honest. They would have made it if it hadn’t been for COVID. Leafs are a good team, as much as I don’t like to say it.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Everyone loved Brown but he is not the guy we were going to spend this kind of cap on so we had to move on

Honestly I'm just gonna say it although we hate taking the ex leafs ALL the time, MacArthur and Brown have/were great for our team. Especially MacArthur.

I think it's more management philosophy cause the Sens seem to feel like they need a Brown or MacArthur to win.

Reactions: qqaz

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Honestly I'm just gonna say it although we hate taking the ex leafs ALL the time, MacArthur and Brown have/were great for our team. Especially MacArthur.

I think it's more management philosophy cause the Sens seem to feel like they need a Brown or MacArthur to win.

What about Zaitsev?

:)

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
What about Zaitsev?

:)

Hmm idk, I would say he is not yet playing to his contract but because were married to him I'm hopeful he can settle into a good #4-#5 role. Our defense is not the strongest by any means so I assume he will play decent minutes up and down and kind of a wait and see what happens.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I just wanted to add a couple of things here. This is a great contract for Connor Brown, and he's deserved it with all of his hard work. This will probably be the largest contract that he signs, as it's highly improbable that at the end of this, he'll be getting the ice time that he is now. He was the leader in ice time for all forwards last year with the Senators, second only behind Tkachuck. at 5v5 He had 1:40 on the PP, and was the leader on the PK as well. As Ottawa's younger guys, and prospects mature, Brown is going to see that ice time drop quite a bit, to the point where he is likely going to be second, or probably even third line minutes, no PP time, and still excel on the PK. He might be the hardest working guy out there, but when more talented prospects hit their stride, Stutzle, Greig, Logan Brown, Batherson. Dadanov, and whomever else is drafted, UFA signed, traded for.... hit their strides, he's not going to be getting this payday again. He's deserved this payday, no question, and it speaks to the player, that while enemies on the ice, pretty much every Leafs fan is happy for him, and his success and pay.

Reactions: bert

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Most other similar teams have won a playoff round.

The leafs with their super talented core didnt even make the playoffs last season
You know Connor Brown was part of all of those teams right? And in a way smaller role than he currently has in Ottawa.

but yeah Ottawa will totally be better than Toronto soon lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2