Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Connor Brown re-signs with Senators (3 years, $3.6M AAV)

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Dorian having a great off season. They will have more success than the other Ontario team soon enough.
spending a lot of money doesnt always equate to a good off-season. The draft was fairly meh for value at the picks and according to Dom L, spent the most money while basically being even for wins of last season's squad.

I really like the deal and Brown.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
great deal... ! glad to see that they've avoided arbitration and that he's signed for 3 years

Tierney is next and hope that they can extend Tkachuk before the season starts
Good luck with that...even if he leans towards a bridge deal he won't sign until next offseason so there is more certainty

Reactions: Morrison

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
spending a lot of money doesnt always equate to a good off-season. The draft was fairly meh for value at the picks and according to Dom L, spent the most money while basically being even for wins of last season's squad.

I really like the deal and Brown.

Lol. Well they added better players than they let go so Dom L can shuv it. It all depends on how that goalie does.

Reactions: SensFactor

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Are one of Brown or Tierney top candidates to be exposed and taken by Seattle?

Depends on what we do with Tierney. I could see us signing just 1yr with Tierney.

That said, our protection list will look something like this:

Tkachuk
Dadonov
Batherson

C. Brown
L. Brown
C. White
V. Abramov
F. Chlapik
C. Tierney
R. Balcers

The bolded are pretty much locks to be protected, while the others are up in the air. I suspect C. Brown is currently the next guy on that list, though, in terms of guaranteed protection, so I'd be surprised if he is exposed. If I was Seattle, the realistic guys I'm looking at are Abramov, Chlapik, Balcers, Hogberg, Daccord, and Gustavsson. It's very likely that at least one F and one G will have a very good year while still being left exposed. Tierney is a possibility, too, but if I'm Seattle, I am looking for top end talent and guys like Abramov or one of the goalies could fit the bill more than Tierney.

If Brown ends up exposed, I suspect he'd be high on their list.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
they signed Chabot to a 8yrs/64M extension last year... but there wasnt a COVID economic collapse at the time
neither Brady's brother or father are known for signing early plus on paper the Sens have significantly improved their offensive depth which will only benefit Brady's stat line

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Connor Brown is a very likeable player, and his contract is well deserved. However, in today's market I am a bit surprised he got that much. There's not a lot of money floating around the system.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Really good deal for both sides. I would take a Connor Brown on my team any day, even more so with this contract. GM Dorion has done very well this off season.

Reactions: Crosside

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I miss brownie :(

Hyman, Kadri, Brownie, our 3 heart and soul players, now we just left with 1 of em :(

Reactions: Kelly

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I like him but he will never be more than a 3rd liner on a good team. I wouldn't give him this contract in this cap environment.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I like him but he will never be more than a 3rd liner on a good team. I wouldn't give him this contract in this cap environment.
Really depends on the team he provides a lot of different elements kinda like a hyman on Toronto guys like brown can play anywhere in the lineup which is important and players that all good teams have

Reactions: qqaz

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Connor Brown is a good one. Sens fans are happy, as they should be. Guy is a mix of a pound of skill, with a ton of effort.

As a Leafs fan, I still like Connor Brown, and I'm glad he found a spot with a new team. He deserves this. He'll be worth every penny of that contract, I'm sure.

Not sure why but in his last season in Toronto his hands completely turned to stone. Maybe the Babcock effect. I don't know. He looked like a 4th liner. It's good that he found a better situation anyway.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
In the least surprising news of the day, the Sens sign a RFA on a backloaded deal.

In the least surprising news of the day, fan doesn’t understand current climate of NHL finances.

Players are taking a lower salary this season because a good percentage of it will be lost to escrow. The biggest contract signed this offseason is backloaded.

Nice try. Good effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad