TSN: OTR interview w/ Babcock

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
To the people talking about Kadri/Bozak, how has Kadri not already won? He's out produced him in each of his "full" seasons in the league before this one, while playing with lesser line mates and lesser pp time.

The only thing Bozak really has on Kadri is his faceoffs, which does not in anyway qualify him to play above Kadri.

That being said, I have no problem if they have to fight for ice time. Now that a spot is actually open for Kadri it should be an easy battle.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I've seen every interview with Babcock.

I cannot tell you how impressive he is in what he says.

I just love this guy, you can see why he has been so successful. And you can tell he really cares about being here too. He wants to be the Leafs coach. He wants to fix this.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
So Babcock appears to have made it clear that he was the one who wanted him in Detroit, not so much holland... Considering Detroit reportedly is no longer interested in dion.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I actually think Dion will have a better season than what u guys expected. He is not a terrible player just a mil or two overpaid.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
My god Lansberg is squirrely. He looks like he's going to explode when he's not talking. Weird guy.

He had a significant bout with depression early on in his career (and still struggles with it) with speculated substance abuse. I can't say that I knew what he was like before TSN but that type of event can shape you. Good to see him and Babcock teaming up for that mental health initiative.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Oh Mike,

I thought you were smarter than that. Your pet project is a waste of time. Another wasted year with the fake captain. ****

We're so lucky to have someone who is a better coach than Mike Babcock right here on the boards. They're even able to judge whether a player might be better in a different system without actually knowing them or working with them. Amazing! :shakehead

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I think the fight to round out the top two centers are between him, Holland and Mattias now if Bozak remains a Leaf, which is still doubtful after who whe've acquired recently once you throw Spaling and Carrick into the mix as well.

As he said Arcobello, and Matthias

Nylander wants to play C
Marner said he'll do everything in his power to make the team.
I think Carrick should make the team, maybe Gauthier.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Oh Mike,

I thought you were smarter than that. Your pet project is a waste of time. Another wasted year with the fake captain. ****

This is a win-win for Toronto if Babs can remake Dion into an all-star defenceman - right now his trade market value is extremely low - I like this pet project.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
He had a significant bout with depression early on in his career (and still struggles with it) with speculated substance abuse. I can't say that I knew what he was like before TSN but that type of event can shape you. Good to see him and Babcock teaming up for that mental health initiative.

After going public he did several shows on depression and even volunteered his phone number to anyone who was depressed and needed help. People should cut him some slack. Society needs more people like him not less.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Who cares about Landsberg. He asked questions, that's about it. You guys focus on the weirdest things.

I really like Babcock. So smart with his answers and super positive. I still hope we can trade Bozak, even though Babcock appears to be have him to start the season.

"Structure protects the individual."

Last edited:

Metal God

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
I have a feeling that Babcock will turn Holland into a beast of a player more than any other on the Leafs.

When the Leafs didn't win the lottery for McDavid. I've lost all hope for the Leafs, but once Shanahan announced the Hiring of Babcock. All that changed.

Babcock brings instant respect to the Leafs imo. No more laughing stock.

Good times ahead Boys and Girls!

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Seriously did anyone expect Babcock to say: "Kadri is the no 1 guy"????

Like everyone is talking about Babcock's class and all that, anyone should know that he will say the right things about Bozak/Kadri. We all know Kadri is better, but you have to acknowledge Bozak, its only fair. otherwise a controversy results.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
It's so hard not to be enthralled when Babcock speaks. You can tell he's more educated than a lot of the guys who came before him.

The way he masterfully dodged certain questions while not insulting the players he was asked about was such a breath of fresh air.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
Who cares about Landsberg. He asked questions, that's about it. You guys focus on the weirdest things.

I really like Babcock. So smart with his answers and super positive. I still hope we can trade Bozak, even though Babcock appears to be have him to start the season.

"Structure protects the individual."

Who cares about Bozak. People focus on the weirdest things. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad