TSN: OTR interview w/ Babcock

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Babcock has Bozak pencilled in the line up because he's still a Leaf. This does not mean he'll still be here in October.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Love the way Babcock handles questions. Not condescending (Wilson) not willing to tackle the question head on and feel it has to be answered right away (Carlyle) but basically says things like.."ask me that 3 months from now" when it's more relevant. Doesn't throw players under a bus, just talks hockey without making it insulting to players, fans or media.

more importantly, he doesn't build up expectations for any players, either.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I don't see why anyone would have an issue with that. Seems like there is no downside.

I'd have to agree.

Yea, seeing Dubas do press scrums, he gives each reporter time to speak, makes sure he fully understands what they're asking, and gives a considered response. Very professional.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I have no idea how good Of a captain Dion is - never stepped foot ore the dressing room. What I do know is that he's on the wrong side of 30 - he's simply too old to be a part of the rebuild.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I have no idea how good Of a captain Dion is - never stepped foot ore the dressing room. What I do know is that he's on the wrong side of 30 - he's simply too old to be a part of the rebuild.

If Dion can learn how to hit the net again with his slapshot I think fans will get back on his side.

I'm not sure how he forgot how to properly take a slapshot? Seriously, he sends it five feet over the net on a regular basis.

Get back to being a 10 - 15 goal scorer and his defensive lapses will be easier to tolerate.

Oh ya....and wave to the ****ing fans after the 20 games you win next season.

Mar 26, 2010
Babcock will prove to be the worst thing that has happened to this team. He is going to take what little there is left, and bury it. His faith Phaneuf is the catalyst to his failure.

Phaneuf is the problem in Toronto and has to go right now!

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Babcock will prove to be the worst thing that has happened to this team. He is going to take what little there is left, and bury it. His faith Phaneuf is the catalyst to his failure.

Phaneuf is the problem in Toronto and has to go right now!

Lol. Let's see if peeps get the sarcasm intended here.

It is a breath of fresh air to have Babcock in charge. There will be pain in the next few seasons but there will be reward after that - not sure when but I see this group evolving into something every Leaf fan can be proud of. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad