Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Canucks

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Golden Knights

Votes: 34 39.5%

• Total voters

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Used to like the Jackets back when they sucked. I’ve been to a few games at Nationwide and never had a bad experience. Hell, if they fired Torts I’d probably like them again.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Feel the FLOWER Power!
Vegas with twice as much votes as any other team so far.
49906733_159469518369090_3441668865087017675_n.jpg

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Sharks with 8 votes against 13 for Vegas, surprising... I mean, Sharks?

Last edited:

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Leafs - hometown but only as long as they don’t have any negative impact on the Penguins
Vegas - Fleury

I didn’t vote for St. Louis but I have followed them for years and cheer for them in the playoffs.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I used to really like the Thrashers with kovalchuk as my favorite player not in Pittsburgh. I don’t care for the team they became, however.

Now I guess I don’t care for anyone other than Pittsburgh. The Avs, maybe?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
CBJ, I'm not very subtle about it. I will support local hockey no matter where I live. But I genuinely want them to do well as long as the Pens aren't involved.

I root for Vegas because of MAF, but if he weren't there I would be indifferent.

Also, I root for St. Louis if the Pens or Jackets aren't on. One of my buddies is a Blues fan and I want him to eventually see his team win a Cup.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I despise every other team in the league and every player and coach from those teams. Special, violent, unhealthy hatred towards Philadelphia, Washington, Boston, Tampa Bay, and Vegas.

I like the Sheffield Steelers because of their coach.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Bruins - old hometown team (Although the Penguins were always my favorite thanks to Mario)

Red Wings - I live here now (hated them 100% during the SCF matches, and less and less since, don't worry)

Golden Knights - gotta love MAF

Jets - my friend is the goalie, so I'm a fan until further notice. Will also find fandom wherever he may go, though I pray it's not WSH, MTL, PHI, or a couple others...

There are a few other teams I enjoy watching, even teams I dislike a lot, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan at all.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
When watching other games, I root for a team based on, and in this order:
1. How it effects the Pens
2. Which team I dislike less
3. Individual players

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Leafs because I live in Toronto and seeing them get so excited to even sniff success is kind of cute.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
- Blues (Former boss of mine was a huge fan)
- Stars (Don't really know why)
- Coyotes (They catch so much crap, I hope they make the playoffs this year and upset someone)
- Sabres (Buffalo is too good of a hockey town to be so bad for so long. Eichel+Dahlin for McDavid, please.)

I don't ever go out of my way to cheer for these teams - but if the Pens were out (or simply not playing them in a series) - these are the teams I'd pull for. Other than that, I don't see myself cheering for any other teams. Even here in Florida I can't bring myself to really support the Lightning or Panthers...

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I always liked the Sharks. As a kid I thought they had cool uniform colors and I thought Marleau and Thornton were awesome (particularly Thornton). They always seem to have exciting players and I really enjoyed watching the Pens play them in the finals a few years back.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I only voted for the Flames. My next door neighbors growing up were family friends with Mike Vernon. I'm from BC, but actually live about 30mins closer to Calgary, plus Canucks fans kind of annoy me. I was about 5 years old when I decided that since I like that Mario guy, that I'd start cheering for his team.

I'm not really a fan, but I had hoped the Blues could have put it all together and win it a few years ago. I grew up playing hockey with Barrett Jackman (until he started playing rep), would have liked to see him win a cup.

Of course I have a soft spot for Fleury, but I'm still not a Knights fan.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I'll take the Seattle Kraken (hopefully that will be the name- imagine player intros followed by "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!") for $100 please. I've got two season ticket deposits and am number #699 whatever that means. Looking forward to seeing the Pens doing Kraken/Canucks back to backs starting in 2021!

Reactions: Selfish Man

Anita L

Jan 29, 2019
SABERS because Buffalo never wins anything an only have 2 major sports teams

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
The NHL2k6 with Marty Turco on the cover, was my first hockey video game and helped get me into the sport, also around the time of Sid joining the pens. Therefore I developed a soft spot for the Dallas Stars, they were in their all time best unis' in that game (you know which jerseys) and it had them celebrating a cup win in the cinematic for the game. Also they virtually have no rivalrly ties to the pens unless you include the North Stars relations. It will always be go pens, but if they ever moved it'd be that team and the Stars as my boys.

GuinosWin71

Mar 18, 2008
If I find out who voted for Tampa, I will do everything in my power to make your live miserable.
Lol. I voted Tampa. For a while a lot of former pens ended up there and I used to pull for them. Then I moved to Florida and I like to see a non-traditional hockey market get excited about the sport and help grow the game. I’m in orlando, so I don’t have to deal with the overly obnoxious lightning fans... so that probably factor s in too.

Reactions: kladorf2005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad