• Canucks

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Golden Knights

Votes: 34 39.5%

• Total voters

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Not much to explain. Would be interesting to see if there is some sort of general consensus among us Pens fans.

This is a multi-choice poll.

Would be cool to hear some reasonings as well.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Penguins (not in vote, but by default): family ties to Pittsburgh
Blues: family ties to Missouri
Sharks: local team
Coyotes: Kachina jerseys/roarin 90s lol
Wild: love the color Green
Panthers: plucky underdogs...but screw the rat playoffs!

...should consider the companion thread, Other teams you HATE, lol

Reactions: Crafton

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Always had a soft spot for the Avs since their early days. Loved Roy and their main rival was the Wings who are scum obviously, so was always rooting for the Avs. Really like their colors/logo too.

I hate the Blue Jackets when they're playing us of course, but kind of like them otherwise. Some nice young talent and it would be good for hockey to succeed in Ohio.

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
I'm originally from Washington state so I will probably like the Seattle team and get to know them through my friends and family back home. I don't see my fandom "switching" teams though. Especially since I live abroad and can only stay up for the Pens and nothing on the west coast!

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Just teams prefer to see win over others. Every sport. Not so good lately with Caps and Pats.

City of Pitt due for another win to erase those. Wanting to see Steelers win immediately after Brown and Bell leaving more than Pats getting another this past year tho.

And Pirates winning within this "3 year window"( even tho owner doesn't deserve it) to show how popular theyd be in that city if they'd just be competitive. Baseball being the one sport that is possible(winning with less talent low payroll , then back to bottom) for how ridiculous this seems.

Now that the Caps won, dont want to see the Flyers or Oilers. Wont have to worry about that.

Its Pitt and certain others not winning. No other favs.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I wouldn’t say I like other teams but I guess I don’t mind Arizona and Vegas doing well. I also don’t completely dislike San Jose, Carolina, Colorado, Nashville and Tampa Bay.

CEzHCTpI_400x400.jpg

Reactions: NEPA and EightyOne

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
In my teens, my dad traveled to Denver quite a bit for work and I’d go often. We went skiing and then would hit up an Avs game a couple of times each year when they were a powerhouse. I always liked the Avs.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
As a kid the Avs were my second favorite team because Forsberg was my favorite player.

I also have a soft spot for the Sharks because their uniforms are sweet. I also appreciate how they always manage to acquire elite talent every season and stay competitive. Thornton, Heatley, Boyle, Burns, EK, Kane, etc.

Reactions: EightyOne

fragmag

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
Oilers. My Dad was born and raised in Edmonton and that's were most all of my Dad's side of the family lives. He came to college in Pittsburgh and married my Mom and they've been here ever since. Talk about a blessed childhood as a hockey fan, I grew watching my Dad's team the Oilers win every Stanley Cup in the 80's, then got to watch my team the Pens do ok in the 90's with Le Magnifique, Coffee, Jagr, Recchi, Stevens, etc etc. Now I get to sit back and watch Sid and Geno tear it up.

I'm 100% a Pens fan, but have a soft spot for the Oilers. Love when they play and get to have some fun talking smack with my cousins. Also, my Dad and Johnny Bucyk were classmates and good friends growing up. Pretty cool.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Flames- loved iginla and phaneuf... now i enjoy monahan, tkachuk and bennet.

Blues- again players i liked... kariya, mcdonald, steen, schenn, pietrangelo, tarasanko etc.

Rangers/islanders- grew up in ny... family is all split between em... i like em both

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I like 2 other teams at the moment.

1. My #1 is San Jose, I've always liked them.
2. Vegas, and yes, the Fleury affect.

I like others to a degree, but that is usually a season by season venture.

Like... I like the Flyers dependant on year and who's (Ghost) playing for them. Throw stones at me, I don't care.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Golden Knights. I like teams that play an aggressive, puck-possession type of game. Also, Fleury.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Kings because I live in LA now, Vegas for as long as Fleury is there, and...I dunno, probably Seattle if they don't go for that tired as hell red & black color scheme (if they do then f*** 'em and bring on the Portland Plaids). The Wild work their way into the conversation on occasion, but not this present iteration. The Oilers were my 'western team' when I was living in Montana...but at this point I'm just mad at their sustained incompetence. You could probably call me a Jets well-wisher too, in that I wish them no particular harm.

Loved both the Jets & Coyotes in the 90s. Selanne was my first favorite non-Penguin as I was first really getting into hockey and the kachina just works for me. That fascination didn't survive childhood because ew gross Arizona gross...but whenever the Coyotes wear their throwbacks I'll put the game on.

The teams I globbed onto as a kid had it rough. The North Stars (always my favorite color scheme) moved, the Whalers (best logo ever) moved, the Jets (Selanne) moved, the Coyotes quickly fell into a pit of irrelevance that they still haven't climbed out of, the Nordiques (or as young me called them, the nor-dee-cues) nor-dee-moved. I loved the Sharks when they were utterly harmless to everyone but Detroit, but by the time they started messing with their jerseys I had moved on.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I enjoy watching other good, talented teams but I don't stick with any specific team in terms of liking them. It rotates all the time as the rosters change and whatnot. Right now I like watching the Sharks and Lightning. But I don't even really root for them when I watch them, so I don't think that counts :laugh:

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Don’t really have another team I particularly like watching.

I like watching Erik Karlsson, and Jack Eichel a lot though so I’ve probably seen more Sens/Sharks/Sabres games than the average Pens fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad