Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Canucks

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Golden Knights

Votes: 34 39.5%

• Total voters

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
No particular order here. These are mostly teams and players I enjoy watching or that deserve success.

CBJ - I only root for them to lose when they are playing Pens or we need them to lose. They use to be my 2nd team when they were in the West. Now, I have family that are extremely passionate about them. I really enjoy watching Panarin, Jones, Atkinson, and Dubois play but I effing despise Torts.

Canes - This has been an on and off type love. More recently, they have an exciting, underrated, young team. I really enjoy their celebrations as well. Aho, Staal, Slavin, And Svech are all likeable.

Lightning - This started with my love for St. Louis and continued with love for Kucherov and Hedman. They also just always seem to have underrated, small, skilled players on their team.

Avs - I remember enjoying watching them in 01 with Sakic, Foresbeg, and Blake. Mackinnon is just plain gross.

Predators - So consistently good. Their GM deserves a cup.

Flames - I love Johnny hockey and his line are amazing to watch live. Tkachuk is also fun.

Oilers - McDavid. That simple.

Knights - Underdogs + my favorite hockey person in Fleury.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Knights - Underdogs + my favorite hockey person in Fleury.

Hard disagree from me, dog. They were absolutely able to cherry pick a decent team from day one.

I'll give you "Cinderella Story" to SC Finals in year one...But not underdogs.

Reactions: Finesse

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
I can't find "None" because the list isn't in Alphabetical order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BillPrep

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
1. Pens

2. Knights (because Fleury)
3. Canes (my better half's team)
4. Oilers McDavid
5. Sabres (started w/ Hasek, but I also like the city and their uni's)

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Hard disagree from me, dog. They were absolutely able to cherry pick a decent team from day one.

I'll give you "Cinderella Story" to SC Finals in year one...But not underdogs.
You must have been that one person that said they'd be good after the expansion draft then. Because I remember this entire website saying how bad some of GMGM's moves were and they'd be lucky to not finish dead last for a least a few years.

The NHL has to make the next expansion draft better

Did a bunch teams get better from the expansion draft without bribing Vegas?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
You must have been that one person that said they'd be good after the expansion draft then. Because I remember this entire website saying how bad some of GMGM's moves were and they'd be lucky to not finish dead last for a least a few years.

The NHL has to make the next expansion draft better

Did a bunch teams get better from the expansion draft without bribing Vegas?

must have been.

Shit, I'd still straight up trade 50% of the Pens for 50% of their roster

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
There’s no team in the East that I would actively root for if the Pens weren’t in the playoffs.

As far as the West goes, I’ve always had a soft spot for St. Louis. But honestly I’m ok with anyone in the West except Chicago and the VGK. Don’t care for the home town team. I’m hoping Seattle does a better job with the team name and unis/colors.

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
Pens - usaf roommate was from Pitt, he was into hockey, I wasnt...he offered to buy the beer at the bar so I went...Pens vs flyers...66 scored a bunch, hextall tried to fight someone (brown, maybe) and I was hooked...

coyotes - I live here...Id be a bigger fan if EVERY SINGLE game of their that I watch I didnt have to listen to tyson nash (after edwards, nash is the biggest asshat in the game)

knights - fluery, england, (now) reaves, and stone...good product on the ice...

avs - liked them since the sakic/forsberg days...

I hate every other team to varying degrees...I even hate the coydogs, kinigits, and bigfoots...I just hate them the least...

if all those teams are out, I suppose Id root for jumbo joe to raise the cup...

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
I live 15 minutes from Honda Center and have 3 boys who play hockey and love the Ducks. Add in the rivalry with the Kings (who I detest since the Gretzky vs Lemieux days). Plus, I truly beleive they were dragging the league down with their "heavy" playing style, and obnoxious "Two cups, bro" fans and it was an easy choice.

Reactions: EightyOne

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Pens - usaf roommate was from Pitt, he was into hockey, I wasnt...he offered to buy the beer at the bar so I went...Pens vs flyers...66 scored a bunch, hextall tried to fight someone (brown, maybe) and I was hooked...

You watched game 5 Pitt vs Flyers in 1989 then. Hextall chasing Brown around after the windmill thing he did was classic.

edit: I had to re-watch the video, Brown didn't do his windmill after that goal. I guess Hextall just had enough. Plus, Rob Brown had a very punchable face, tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillPrep

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Cool thread but it would have been even better if teams that no longer exist would have been considered like
Nordiques.gif

...and
Hartford_20Whalers.png
(2 great logos here imo)

Next thread should be about the dark side of the force with TEAMS YOU HATE MOST. :mad:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yotes: Seem like they always have players that are cool people off the ice. They’re the underdogs of the league. Dig the uniforms a bit

Knights: I like the vibe there. The team matches the city so well. They’re fun, fast, the arena atmosphere is deafening. They play confident and unafraid. Feel like they can bring a nasty edge.

Reactions: EightyOne

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
I'll try Seattle on for size once they begin play as they will be the closest "local" squad here in the PNW. They'll be a distant #2 though. Everyone else is tied for #32, with the Caps and Flyers on the bottom of the heap.

PuckMasterZero

Mar 3, 2019
Avs AND Red Wings. Became a fan in the 90's and their rivalry was epic. Both teams were legendary so I liked both but preferred Colorado. And I gotta root for the scrappy underdogs Vegas

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Cool thread but it would have been even better if teams that no longer exist would have been considered like
Nordiques.gif

...and
Hartford_20Whalers.png
(2 great logos here imo)

Next thread should be about the dark side of the force with TEAMS YOU HATE MOST. :mad:

Sorry man, don't think I could add more than 30 poll options.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Honestly I never really "liked" any other team but in the past couple of seasons I have found my self liking the Jets since they moved back to Winnipeg and I just can't seem to hate the Golden Knights
Probably the only 2 teams

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
Nordiques.gif

...and
Hartford_20Whalers.png
(2 great logos here imo)

They do exist, one of which is in our division.... Unless you're a fan of the city and not the team.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
They do exist, one of which is in our division.... Unless you're a fan of the city and not the team.
Québec City is awesome but it's about teams and when there's no more players from the old franchise it hardly feels like the same team anymore.;)

Reactions: pokey10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad