OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Hopefully they can offer him a longer term deal at a lower number than his one year player option for next season. Would really help them navigate the 2nd apron.

Also need to find someone to take Zeke, even if we have to give up a pick to get rid of that contract.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I’m starting to worry about Strawther. Maybe he gets a free pass because he’s a rookie but the kid looked good in the early going and instead of progressing throughout the year it just looks like he’s going through the motions when I watch him now.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’m starting to worry about Strawther. Maybe he gets a free pass because he’s a rookie but the kid looked good in the early going and instead of progressing throughout the year it just looks like he’s going through the motions when I watch him now.

Seems strange to me that he can't figure out how to play with Jokic. Joker is an insanely easy player to play with IMO, especially since he reads the game so well he tells everyone where to go. Would really like for him to work out though, Nuggets need a good reliable shooter off the bench.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
He was hurt from early January to mid February and only got 2 G-League games this year compared to 28 for Hunter Tyson and 24 for Jalen Pickett.

He has good defensive instincts and he doesn't turn the ball over. That will keep him afloat in the league while he works on his shooting consistency.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
He has good defensive instincts and he doesn't turn the ball over. That will keep him afloat in the league while he works on his shooting consistency.
I thought the book on Strawther though was that he was already a lights out shooter? That’s why I find it so odd that he hasn’t fit in. Maybe I was unfairly expecting a Braun-type improvement. I just thought that Strawther was one of the best fits they had drafted in a while. Like Poke - I’m shocked he hasn’t really fit in. I figured by now he’ have at least 1-2 crazy shooting nights where he showed his 3 pt stroke.

Reactions: katfude

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I thought the book on Strawther though was that he was already a lights out shooter? That’s why I find it so odd that he hasn’t fit in. Maybe I was unfairly expecting a Braun-type improvement. I just thought that Strawther was one of the best fits they had drafted in a while. Like Poke - I’m shocked he hasn’t really fit in. I figured by now he’ have at least 1-2 crazy shooting nights where he showed his 3 pt stroke.
He shot 38% in college so he was never a lights out guy. He had a good season his last year in college (.408), but the 3 point line is much closer in college and he had a few scorching hot games that inflated his numbers.

He did have some big games early in this season, though.

On November 6 against the Pelicans he had 21 points and shot 5/9 from the 3 point line in 19 minutes off the bench. On December 12 against Atlanta he had 22 points on 6/11 from 3 to go along with 5 steals.

Ultimately he was in competition for minutes with Justin Holiday this year, and Holiday has simply played too well to keep him off the floor (Holiday has shot 40% from 3 on the year with a 5.0 assist to turnover ratio while playing good defense and being a veteran leader). I think that has prevented Strawther from getting into a good rhythm.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Is this good?

Lol, this checks out.

Is there any possibility that they could set the all time record for losses in a season? I don't know what the worst record ever is, but I'd have to think the Rockies this year have to have a legit shot of breaking this. This is the worst team on paper I've ever seen.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Lol, this checks out.

Is there any possibility that they could set the all time record for losses in a season? I don't know what the worst record ever is, but I'd have to think the Rockies this year have to have a legit shot of breaking this. This is the worst team on paper I've ever seen.
20 wins. That’s the record. Cleveland Spiders. Never will that one be broken. Simply impossible to do that one, no team could ever tank that badly.

Now 40 wins would be an all-time worst in the modern era. If they were to eclipse that one it’d make them a laughingstock for generations.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Lol, this checks out.

I know you know nothing about MLB and hyperbole is your thing but there's literally a team yesterday that sent down a player that had 1.3 WAR last year and hitting .429/.375/.857 this year that led to a hilarious conspiracy theory. I can give you a million guesses without googling and I bet you have no idea who the player nor the team is.

There's also a different team that did this yesterday

Rockies suck (which is great), but let's not act like they're the worst team in the league by far.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I know you know nothing about MLB and hyperbole is your thing but there's literally a team yesterday that sent down a player that had 1.3 WAR last year and hitting .429/.375/.857 this year that led to a hilarious conspiracy theory. I can give you a million guesses without googling and I bet you have no idea who the player nor the team is.

There's also a different team that did this yesterday

Rockies suck (which is great), but let's not act like they're the worst team in the league by far.

Oh hey, Tyler Matzek sighting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad