OT: Other Sports aka From Manning to Osweiler to Manning to Siemian Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
That's an unrealistic expectation to say he has to execute no matter what. When coach asks you to run a 7 step drop out pattern, and by step 3 two guys are in your face so you have to bail out and make some else happen that's not your fault.

We have a name for that: The Dan Reeves Era.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Overall I thought Siemian looked fine. He had a few bad throws, the INT, the shoulda been INT (on the go ahead drive) and a few others. But he was fine for what he is...a backup/spot starter. He's not gonna take big risks and I think that's part of the reason Kubiak likes him. He's not the long term solution here but he can hold down the fort adequately until Paxton is ready to take the reigns. Assuming of course the o-line doesn't get him killed first.

I do kinda feel bad for Sanchez. He really was excited to be here, I hope he catches on somewhere. Maybe Dallas.

Interesting to see Vic Lombardi report that Colquitt's roster spot may depend on him restructuring his current 1 year deal into a 3 year deal and that if he doesn't do it they may cut him.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Interesting to see Vic Lombardi report that Colquitt's roster spot may depend on him restructuring his current 1 year deal into a 3 year deal and that if he doesn't do it they may cut him.

Watching Dixon take every punt gave me the impression that negotiations with Colquitt have gone very south

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Watching Dixon take every punt gave me the impression that negotiations with Colquitt have gone very south
I think Vic said the plan the whole time for this game was to give Dixon and extended tryout.

As far as 2nd/3rd string veteran options once they cut Sanchez. I think the most obvious guy (pending other team cuts) is TJ Yates. Kubiak had him in Houston and he'd likely come cheap. If for some reason SF cuts Ponder, I'd consider him too.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I still say they should have traded for Josh McCown. Let him be the caretaker for 6-8 weeks before giving way to Paxton Lynch.

I'm having a good laugh at everyone who wanted Kaepernick right about now, though. His career is over.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I still say they should have traded for Josh McCown. Let him be the caretaker for 6-8 weeks before giving way to Paxton Lynch.

I'm having a good laugh at everyone who wanted Kaepernick right about now, though. His career is over.

Seriously. Thank Goodness that didn't happen.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
RG3 looks pretty bad as well. I don't think there's exactly an option out there that is heads and shoulders better than Siemien. All the options are kind of stop gap guys.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them revisit Mike Glennon talks but I don't think they really do want to give up assets for mediocre QB play. We may just have to wait and see who gets cut. I'm sure there will be some options. Hell if the Rams really are intent to have Goff play I wouldn't mind Keenum at all. He's already familiar with Kubiaks O.

I really really hope they do explore bringing in some O lineman though too. Our depth there remains pretty crappy.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
We really need to see Sambrailo out there. He's got to play well at guard for us to run the ball the way we need to.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Vasquez isn't a fit for this system and he was no better than Garcia last year.

They've got to have Sambrailo healthy. That's all there is to it. .

And even if they do, I'm not convinced Stephenson is going to hold up at right tackle. We might end up with Schofield at guard permanently and Sambrailo pushed back out to tackle by the end of the year.

This is where Elway's drafting has to pay off. Sambrailo, Schofield, Garcia, Paradis, and McGovern are Elway guys and this is the offense they were picked to play in. There are no more half measures to protect Peyton. This is the year where the offensive line has to figure it out. And obviously Okung has to stay healthy at all costs.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Having Sambraillo back would be nice - the guy seems to be made out of glass. But we honestly need about 3 more stout players to step up on that OLine. I think they've got a solid player in McGovern.

What really concerned me was the 4th and 2 where we went for it and Max Garcia was 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage before the fullback even got up there. That just cannot happen if you're going to base your offense on running the ball.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I have this feeling that Lynch will take over by the second half of the season opener.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Vic Lombardi is reporting that Sanchez will be cut today and the Broncos will bring in someone else, possibly TJ Yates or another QB.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
****, I had higher hopes for Sanchez.

Me too. I met him at a taping of Dancing with the Stars this season (he was there to support Von, of course) and he was such a nice, genuine dude. I was rooting for him too, but he certainly didn't do himself any favors.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Florio reporting the Broncos are trying to trade Sanchez

Reminds me of all the times we rail on the Avs for "asset management"

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
You have to figure the deal the Rams have Tavon Austin is the minimum Emmanuel Sanders will sign for.

i'd think that deal made lot of GMs angry who have good WRs as UFAs this season. one bad deal doesn't always set the market but it doesn't help either.

if money is what sanders is after, i shouldn't even listen if he were offered the austin deal. sanders is way better.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Really? I was skeptical from the get-go but figured he'd at least make it to the season opener.

Didn't the dude go to back to back AFC championships with the Jets?

All we really need is a game manager. I had hoped he was at a point in his career he would be able to figure out how to do that.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Sanders is the rare receiver that isn't a diva and might take something of a hometown discount, but the Rams even raised that bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad