OT: Other Sports aka From Manning to Osweiler to Manning to Siemian Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Sanders is the rare receiver that isn't a diva and might take something of a hometown discount, but the Rams even raised that bar.

didn't he come to broncos, instead of staying at home/with steelers because of the money though? i can't remember.

sanders also turns 30 next march. i might be vary of giving him guaranteed money for more than 2 years. but the receiver market isn't looking that great next year outside of alshon jeffrey (at least in terms of getting production for the dollars paid) so re-signing sanders might the best option. even if it means overpaying a little.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
didn't he come to broncos, instead of staying at home/with steelers because of the money though? i can't remember.
They were uncomfortable with his health and let him walk. Elway swiped him from the Chefs at the 11th hour. 30 isn't too bad for a receive, it's not like he's an RB.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
No big cuts

S Brandon Ross, TE Manasseh Garner, S Antonio Glover, OL Mathu Gibson, DL Calvin Heurtelou, OT Cameron Jefferson, NT David Moala, WR Durron Neal, WR DeVier Posey, ILB Darnell Sankey, ILB Frank Shannon

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If he played any position besides QB, his NFL career would certainly be in doubt it if was that bad of a break. I'm reminded of the DeAndre Brown break... that kid was a certain NFLer and that injury just killed his career. Being a QB... Bridgewater can come back on limited mobility (though that is a part of his game that will have to change).

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
yeah they were saying vessel damage. Like Jaylon Smith.

On just Saturday I was watching that Vikings-Chargers game thinking "Minnesota is going to be awesome this year - Bridgewater looks like the man"

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I thought it had to be something like that, no ACL tear gets that kind of reaction. It reminds me of when basketball players just suddenly have their leg snap on an innocent looking play. Must be a tiny stress fracture and then pressure at just the right point and pop, scary.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Broncos cuts updated -
S Brandian Ross, TE Manasseh Garner, S Antonio Glover, OL Mathu Gibson, DL Calvin Heurtelou, OT Cameron Jefferson, NT David Moala, WR Durron Neal, WR DeVier Posey, ILB Darnell Sankey, ILB Frank Shannon, P Britton Colquitt, WR Bralon Addison, OT Kyle Roberts

Colquitt gone after he wouldn't agree to a new deal. Addison is probably the only other guy worth mentioning? I wasn't impressed with his return skills. Norwood seems to have locked up punt returner. It does make me wonder about Latimer-Taylor-Fowler. Is Taylor odd man out again? Is Latimer just a career special teams guy only?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I thought it had to be something like that, no ACL tear gets that kind of reaction. It reminds me of when basketball players just suddenly have their leg snap on an innocent looking play. Must be a tiny stress fracture and then pressure at just the right point and pop, scary.

Yeah, the Kevin Ware injury a few years ago may have been the 2nd worst sports injury I have ever seen. Was watching that game at my parents house. Told my mom not to watch. It made me sick for sure.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Poor Bridgewater. No player deserves to be injured like that. Dude was going to be awesome. I hope he is able to recover.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets trade Joffrey Lauvergne to OKC for two 2017 second round draft picks.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Assuming they don't trade Chandler/Arthur/Faried, he probably wasn't going to get a lot of playing time. Jokic and Nurkic are clearly the better players and they need to get the bulk of the frontcourt minutes. But on the other hand, he's still an improving player, he has some skills, and he'd be very good depth if someone did get hurt (which pretty much always happens to the Nuggets).

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
So it's a torn ACL with a dislocated knee and structural damage for Bridgewater. Yikes.

Cutting Colquitt kinda bothers me...dunno why. But if it's in order to give Sanders an extension that's fine.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
So it's a torn ACL with a dislocated knee and structural damage for Bridgewater. Yikes.

Cutting Colquitt kinda bothers me...dunno why. But if it's in order to give Sanders an extension that's fine.

Colquitt was below average for two or three solid seasons up until the playoff run last year. He came through in the playoffs but you can't keep paying a guy that produces middling results like a top end punter.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I'm not sure why everyone is getting so worked up about Colquitt getting the boot, the writing was on the wall the second we drafted Dixon. You don't waste draft picks on kickers unless you know they are going to make the team. We could have easily taken Dixon as a UDFA, but we spent a pick on him instead.

Plus I'm not sure shy everyone thinks Colquitt is so good, he was the 28th rated punter last year with a 43.6 yards per attempt, and that's with half his games in Mile High where kicks should be helped. 3 good playoff games shouldn't be enough to keep your job. The last 2-3 years Colquitt has been extremely average to below average, numbers don't lie.

I much rather save the money and get a player like Sanders under contract. Or hell they should cut both Sanchez and Colquitt and then go sign a offensive lineman to a 1 year deal with the savings, and then get Sanders signed in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad