OT: Other Sports aka Denver Broncos Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Jamaal Charles or Matt Asiata for week 5? After what SF did to Shady McCoy last week I'm leaning towards Asiata's matchup against Green Bay.

Also, is it just me, or did Yahoo take away all of KC's points from week 4? They took away all of Charles' points so now I lost week 4...

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Being that I live in Kansas I got to see my fair share of Royals games.

They have some talent, they have the talent to go far in the Playoffs, but whether or not they can put it together remains to be seen.

They have a good bullpen highlighted by what I would call one of the best, if not THE best, trio for closing games. Their goal seems to be to have the Starter bridge towards their guy in the 7th who gives to the guy in the 8th who gives to the Closer.

They got power in their bats but they need confidence in themselves, they may have found that last night and could be a very dangerous team in these Playoffs.

Rockies fans should know better than anyone in recent years that you can catch a wave and ride it all the way to the World Series and from there anything can happen.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Jamaal Charles or Matt Asiata for week 5? After what SF did to Shady McCoy last week I'm leaning towards Asiata's matchup against Green Bay.

Also, is it just me, or did Yahoo take away all of KC's points from week 4? They took away all of Charles' points so now I lost week 4...

In the HF league?

Also I'd still go Charles. Asiata is nothing exciting and it won't be long before McKinnon is getting the bulk of the carries.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
In the HF league?

Also I'd still go Charles. Asiata is nothing exciting and it won't be long before McKinnon is getting the bulk of the carries.

No, my other league.

I'm scared though, besides week 4, Charles has been kind of lame. And SF's D shut down McCoy so they can easily do the same thing to Charles.

Edit: Here's a screen shot taken this morning. They completely took out all of Charles' points.

xfqcgk.jpg

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Omg, I've just seen the disaster that yahoo made of fantasy football. I have that elimination league I talked about the other day in here, the changes have completely bombed the entire draft for the week as the standings in that league are completely different now!

I'd go Charles, I wouldn't over think it and Asiata is nothing special. Maybe don't use Ben Tate?

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Okay, I'm actually going to go with Charles and Martin. Hoping Martin can do what Murray did to NO D last week.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Oz came out way too early - would have likely been a 1st rounder if he had stayed in school for one more year. He did have 1st round talent but left school WAY early into a deep QB class.

I dunno what we have in him - he's not a surefire starting QB, but tell me which QB with less than 2 pro games under their belt is? Bortles and Bridgewater looked good but I don't even think they're surefire guys yet. It unfortunately just takes time to evaluate a QB, and usually it's by throwing him to the wolves.

If it was the other way around and people were saying Brock is going to be a star, I wouldn't believe that either. The guy just has had zero chance to prove anything either way. I will say his physical tools are all there - he can run, he has a very strong arm, got the height etc....knock on his college ball was consistency and dumb decisions at times. I would say he is as talented (probably more) as EJ Manuel. Stronger arm but a little less mobile.

Didn't Osweiler leave early because Eriksen got fired? I believe he left because he didn't want to play under Graham.

With the way the league is, if your young QB doesn't have success in his first year, I'll find a new QB to be honest. Passing is easy now. I honestly thought Manuel was going to be great, I loved his tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad