OT: Other Sports aka Denver Broncos Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Damn... I liked living on the edge with over 1000 posts in the thread.

So what does everybody think that Mallett goes for to the Texans? 3rd/4th round pick?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
So apparently Roby was pretty good in the OSU locker room and there were no complaints there. I still don't like the laziness the kid shows in tackling and the torching he received on more than a few double moves. The Broncos are already talking about throwing him on the outside as a starter and bringing Chris Harris inside. Harris is elite in slot coverage, maybe the best in the NFL. But Roby on the outside scares me. We'll see in camp - I bet Peyton destroys the young lad.

As long as DJ Williams stays with the Bears and doesn't come back to Denver in the offseason, I think we are good on the troublemaker front :laugh:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Damn... I liked living on the edge with over 1000 posts in the thread.

So what does everybody think that Mallett goes for to the Texans? 3rd/4th round pick?

If they get Mallet for anything less than a second pick, it's an absolute steal.

I honestly think the Pats are idiots to deal him, but I guess if Mallets deal ends after this year (is that true???) then this is the time and the Pats are without a lot of leverage.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I want Jernigan in the second round or an O'Lineman. I doubt Borland drops to them. I could see them going WR or RB though in some crazy reach. Honestly I wouldn't mind either if they dropped down to round 3. This draft is loaded.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Watching the NFL draft with Kiper and Gruden was excruciating by the way. Almost worth paying for the NFL Network alone for last night.

Kiper's such an idiot and I feel like he's doing whatever humanly possible to hang on to his job. He must have signed some uber agreement with ESPN where they agreed to hold on to him until he's 79. Gruden about punched him on three or so different instances? In a matter of about 3-4 hours? To Kiper's credit I guess, Gruden looked completely obliterated and in a foggy haze when they zoomed the camera out or when it was focused on another commentator. Just brutal to watch. Mayock makes all the rest of these guys look so amateur.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Kiper seems like he has something against Bridgewater...a lot of the stuff he deems "wrong" with Bridgewater he finds fine or "acceptable" with the other QB Prospects...that got irritating last night

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Kiper seems like he has something against Bridgewater...a lot of the stuff he deems "wrong" with Bridgewater he finds fine or "acceptable" with the other QB Prospects...that got irritating last night

Probably isn't getting paid by Bridgewater's agent. Kiper is notorious for pumping the tires of prospects that he is getting a kickback for or has a close relationship with the kid's agent.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Kiper and the rest of the maroons at ESPN just make me want to punch a puppy (ok I would never do that but...) I watch NFL network & NHL network and get all the info I need other than twitter ect.

SKOL Vikings

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
9ers got an extra 4th round pick next year for moving back 1 spot. Nicely done by them.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
ESPN was raving about Latimer. Still a lot of dudes on the board that I like.

Glad we didn't give up our 3rd in that Latimer deal.

Whats up with SF and all the RB's though? Thats the only thing I don't understand in the draft.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The good thing about trading a pick next year is the Broncos are expecting some comp picks for losing free agents.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I like the pick of Lattimore. Puts Clark and Franklin both on notice.

I'd like to see a RB or even a QB next. De'Anthony Thomas would be awesome to compete against Ronnie Hillman and give us a returner, but I'm sure the Eagles will snag him. Lots of talent on the board still - lots.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Rockies have Lyles going today, hopefully he can get us back in the winning column.

Outlaws on the road against the Boston Cannons. Denver still hasn't lost a regular season game since 6/23/12, a stretch of 22 straight wins and counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad