OT: Other Sports aka Denver Broncos Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Yeah I've read this book on the Rockies before. So forgive me if I'm not too excited. If they are still playing this well in Jul-Aug/Sept then we'll talk.

Do agree though. They are fun to watch.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Tulo's home/away splits are just crazy.

Home
.608 Average
1.775 OPS
.722 wOBA

Away
.250 Average
.895 OPS
.389 wOBA

He is essentially an average to above average player on the road, and Babe Ruth inside Coors Field.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Tulo's home/away splits are just crazy.

Home
.608 Average
1.775 OPS
.722 wOBA

Away
.250 Average
.895 OPS
.389 wOBA

He is essentially an average to above average player on the road, and Babe Ruth inside Coors Field.
Part of it is because his road games this year has been in Miami, SF, SD, LA, and Arizona. 4 pitchers' park and 1 hitters' park. His wRC+ is 242 , league average is 100 and wRC+ is park adjusted.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Part of it is because his road games this year has been in Miami, SF, SD, LA, and Arizona. 4 pitchers' park and 1 hitters' park. His wRC+ is 242 , league average is 100 and wRC+ is park adjusted.

Good points - but your wRC+ is not taking into account the home/away splits

Capture.JPG

Interesting stats in the K % home vs. away. It's almost like he has a better eye at home, or the pitching is just that bad at Coors.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Good points - but your wRC+ is not taking into account the home/away splits

Capture.JPG

Interesting stats in the K % home vs. away. It's almost like he has a better eye at home, or the pitching is just that bad at Coors.
Just read this http://grantland.com/the-triangle/troy-tulowitzki-colorado-rockies-historic-start/ article on Grantland, and showed that the pitching the Rox has faced hasn't been good this year. I think that's part of the reason for Tulo's godlike start.

346 wRC+ at home and 147 wRC+ on the road? Holy ****, that's amazing. Didn't see the splits.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It's runs created. I don't know the formula for it, but it's a pretty good advanced stat. The scale for the weight RC is 100 being league average, so anything above 100 is better than average.

I like to use wOBA the most along with fielding stats, just because I use moneyball in all my OOTP leagues.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I like your list too - I'm not very high on Mosely either but I am scared of Shazier's size. I don't know that he could man the middle for us and I couldn't envision them drafting a guy and then sticking him in as a backup behind Ware/Miller. But don't get me wrong - I like Shazier a lot. Dang good player. I just figured he ends up as a OLB in the pros when I made my list.

I think McGill is a total fit here at #2. Would be a great pick.

I had Abbrederis on my radar when I did my list too. There's so many freaking WR's in this draft. I just wonder how many of them will pan out. It's almost worth taking 2 in this draft.

And I totally agree on getting a QB too. Boyd would be a good project. I think Smith would too. I like Garoppolo but we'd have to take him too high. I am kinda questionable on Murray for some reason in my head.

My master plan for the Mock was drafting Andrew Jackson, Avery Williamson and John Brown with the next three picks, but things petered out.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Only thing that's stopping this Rockies offense is Mitch Moreland.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
NFL Network went on commercial break so I turned on ESPN...Gruden says Texans need to pick a QB, and the murderer said they need to pick Khalil Mack. Oh god, come back Mike Mayock.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I don't get NFL Network so this will be my first time I've watched a draft on ESPN in like 5 years. God it's going to be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad