OT: Other Sports aka Denver Broncos Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Fire McDaniels!
I'm sure plenty of Pats fans would be fine with him leaving for Cleveland after his game plan yesterday.

Still jacked up from the game yesterday. Went out and bought the t-shirt and hat today. Wasn't gonna buy the hat but screw it...I'm all caught up in it.

The game itself was unbelievable. Never heard the stadium that loud and I was there for Tebow vs Pittsburgh. We were standing for EVERY defensive play. And it was a sight to behold when the played "Jump Around" at the end of the game. The Stadium was alive. And I loved the contrasting songs as we walked out "New York, New York" by Sinatra followed by John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High"

Still pretty amped up.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Anyone wanting to post predictions for the game?

I think Vegas opened with Seattle as favorites, but have since then given the edge to the Broncos.

Can't wait for the game! Go Broncos!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm openly very nervous about the game. Sherman, post-game comments/off-field comments or not, is quite possibly the best CB in the game right now, and has been pointed out has shut-down Larry Fitzgerald, who is an excellent WR in his own right.

Eric Decker, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas are going to have to have the games of their careers I believe. DT will most likely be limited due to not wanting to throw Sherman's way, but I want to see Decker go balls-to-the-wall and play 110% every down. I want to see him consistently fight to get both hands up rather than giving up at the slightest bit of contact and hoping for a flag that may never come. Lay out for balls and fight for every inch...and for the love of god, protect the ever-loving crap out of that Football.

The Defense is going to have to focus on Lynch, if they draw up a good Defensive plan to stop him I think Wilson can be overcome. In a few years time Russell Wilson will have (most likely) established himself as one of the Upper Echelon QB's, but I think he's still got a lot to learn (as evident by his fumble on the opening series in last night's game).

Again, I'm very nervous for this game.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm sure plenty of Pats fans would be fine with him leaving for Cleveland after his game plan yesterday.

Yeah...I'm only now realizing the Fox and Del Rio pretty much outsmarted McDaniels. And in a way I never would have guessed (basically daring Tom Brady to beat them).

Essentially, McD is a genius only when Gronkowski is in the lineup.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm not nervous yet, though I'll probably be dry heaving by this time next week. I'm not too worried about Sherman. We have other capable WRs and they will draw up an excellent offensive gameplan. I'd worry more about Seattle's pass rush and stopping Lynch. What helps is the experience Peyton and Fox have in going to SBs. I don't think Carroll has even coached one nor has any player been in one. I'm hoping they bask a bit in the limelight. Broncos have a lot of kids who probably will but Peyton is a good anchor to have there.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yeah...I'm only now realizing the Fox and Del Rio pretty much outsmarted McDaniels. And in a way I never would have guessed (basically daring Tom Brady to beat them).

Essentially, McD is a genius only when Gronkowski is in the lineup.
Tinge of nostalgia when I saw that screen on 3rd & 20.:lol:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm glad I can go into a Broncos Super Bowl relatively stress-free. The pressure of getting Elway his ring is gone now, though looking back I was practically having a heart attack waaaay back in Super Bowl XXXII and the Packers scored with ease with their opening drive. Then Elway handed off to Terrell Davis and I realized for the first time, Elway wouldn't have to do it all by himself.

While I'd be lying if the Peyton and Broncos lost and it wouldn't leave me heartbroken, I'd have been devastated had Denver lost that 1998 SB.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Our run defense has been great. Everyone was like "omg blount, they can't stop him!" and we stopped him. San Diego couldn't run against us. Marshawn is amazing but I think we can hold him back to the point of getting the win. Wilson doesn't scare me at all. And we've won games where DT wasn't really involved because of the other three guys stepping up. Let Sherman take DT. There's a reason this is the best offense in the history of the NFL.
Now to wait for the forecast

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'm openly very nervous about the game. Sherman, post-game comments/off-field comments or not, is quite possibly the best CB in the game right now, and has been pointed out has shut-down Larry Fitzgerald, who is an excellent WR in his own right.

Eric Decker, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas are going to have to have the games of their careers I believe. DT will most likely be limited due to not wanting to throw Sherman's way, but I want to see Decker go balls-to-the-wall and play 110% every down. I want to see him consistently fight to get both hands up rather than giving up at the slightest bit of contact and hoping for a flag that may never come. Lay out for balls and fight for every inch...and for the love of god, protect the ever-loving crap out of that Football.

The Defense is going to have to focus on Lynch, if they draw up a good Defensive plan to stop him I think Wilson can be overcome. In a few years time Russell Wilson will have (most likely) established himself as one of the Upper Echelon QB's, but I think he's still got a lot to learn (as evident by his fumble on the opening series in last night's game).

Again, I'm very nervous for this game.

Lol, people are giving Sherman way too much credit. He one of the best corners in the league, but he is beatable just like anyone. DT will win his fair share of the battles as will Sherman. Plus PFM is a hell of a lot better than Carson freaking Palmer.

The Seahawks are going to have the same problem every team that has played the Broncos has...even if you shut down 1 or 2 options we still have about 3 more options that can go off an beat you. They have good safeties but they are more physical safeties than fast safeties they are going to have to match up with Welker who is quick as hell and Thomas who is pretty shifty himself. Not to mention they'll have to deal with Decker and Caldwell and Moreno and Ball.

If the Broncos can play mistake free football, which is doable, then the Broncos will win by at least 10pts. The Seahawks just don't have the offense to keep up with us. If we score 24 pts we will win. No one has stopped us yet, Seattle will be a tough test but I don't see a way they keep us under 24 pts.

SuperTheGreat

Swim Instructor
Jun 3, 2012
Colorado

And....not trip over his own damn feet as soon as he gets in the clear.

AGAIN.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
And....not trip over his own damn feet as soon as he gets in the clear.

AGAIN.

Ugh don't remind me...I've never liked/disliked someone as much as I do Decker. It's clear that he possesses a tremendous amount of talent but he relies too much on the Pass Interference flag and it drives me frigging crazy! I stopped counting how many times he'd barely be touched/held on one of his hands/arms and he'd just give up trying to catch the ball because he was most likely assuming that the flag was coming...only it wouldn't. If he'd catch the ball it wouldn't matter either way, but when he consistently plays for the flag it puts his team at a disadvantage. Like I said, the whole offense needs to play balls-to-the-wall. I have no doubt that Peyton will be ready and raring to go, and I am sure with the veterans they have they will come to NY/NJ ready to play.

I'm assuming your recently finished Man Cave is getting some good use huh? Between the Avs and the Broncos it must be a regular party station!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Man, I have never gotten the Decker hate. I know it is out there, but I just don't get it.

Like I said above, for me it's because when he actually gives 100% effort the results are amazing (4 TD day), it just appears that the majority of the time he's doing the small, lazy, things like not getting both of his hands up when he is able to and hoping there's a flag on the play. That drives me nuts, with him and with all WR's that do that.

He's clearly talented but the last several years it does seem that a couple of big games in the season account for a lot of his final season statistics. Take away his 4 TD game this year and his numbers are average at best. If I were the WR Coach or OC in Denver I'd have no voice because I'd be yelling at his ass to consistently put both hands up to catch the ball, because otherwise that Pass Interference flag may not come. And that's my main gripe, he doesn't consistently put both up if he believes there should be a flag on the play.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Like I said above, for me it's because when he actually gives 100% effort the results are amazing (4 TD day), it just appears that the majority of the time he's doing the small, lazy, things like not getting both of his hands up when he is able to and hoping there's a flag on the play. That drives me nuts, with him and with all WR's that do that.

He's clearly talented but the last several years it does seem that a couple of big games in the season account for a lot of his final season statistics. Take away his 4 TD game this year and his numbers are average at best. If I were the WR Coach or OC in Denver I'd have no voice because I'd be yelling at his ass to consistently put both hands up to catch the ball, because otherwise that Pass Interference flag may not come. And that's my main gripe, he doesn't consistently put both up if he believes there should be a flag on the play.

I guess I don't notice that at all, maybe I should look for it. I just see a #2 receiver who has put up 32 touchdowns in the last 3 years and had over 1,000 yards rec. the last two. I'm no football expert and I don't live in the Denver area anymore (unfortunately) so maybe I miss out on hearing about the little things that go on, but those seem to be pretty solid numbers to me (for a #2 wide receiver at least). I mean, he's no Fitz or Green or Megatron, but I think he is a really good #2 receiver to have.

Even if you take away the KC game he has 7 touchdowns and over 1,000 yards this year.

I know it helps that he has PFM for a quarterback.

Just my opinion though.

Edit- I guess with Welker around he is not even the #2 guy anymore?

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
With Decker it's the reality show and the way he loves the spotlight with his wife and the feeling he will bolt next season to get in a big market and a sweet pay day (though nobody ever adresses what if the Broncos choose to franchise him??). He has drops and brain farts but so does everyone. I think he's very talented and would love to keep him. Those who want him gone don't remember the scary parade of losers we had between Rod Smith and the current group. Welker is not the #2, he's the slot machine. He produces like a #2 but he has a completely different role than Decker.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
With Decker it's the reality show and the way he loves the spotlight with his wife and the feeling he will bolt next season to get in a big market and a sweet pay day (though nobody ever adresses what if the Broncos choose to franchise him??). He has drops and brain farts but so does everyone. I think he's very talented and would love to keep him. Those who want him gone don't remember the scary parade of losers we had between Rod Smith and the current group. Welker is not the #2, he's the slot machine. He produces like a #2 but he has a completely different role than Decker.

For the record, I don't want him gone, I want him to consistently play to his talent level, and he's yet to truly do that.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Just saw this tweet....his hashtags :laugh:

2eb9b09357ff45059bb92c7eb157f6d4.png

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
I'm a Chiefs fan...but my avs fandom should prevent me from being flamed ;)

Good luck, even though the Broncos are one of my most hated teams in the NFL, I believe you guys have the better team this Superbowl. Very sure that you'll win it.

My heart is still broken from that epic collapse. Not sure how you blow a 38-10 lead in the NFL in 25 minutes of game time. The players just stopped playing. I rewatched plays an it looks like a different team in the second half. Anyway I am rambling, just came here to say GL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks!

It's experience, it's why you don't see Cinderella teams winning the Super Bowl. The Broncos have had about 8 straight years of epic collapses since their last AFC Championship appearance. They needed to experience some bad playoff games to get where they are. The Chiefs have a ton of talent, they'll grow and be ready for the next step when Peyton retires.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That was not a Cinderella team. Yes I know they were a wild card as were the Giants and Packers among others but they all had experience. Winning seasons, playoff experience, recent division winners. Baltimore had lost the AFC championship game the year prior, there was nothing Cinderella about them. I'm talking about a team on their first taste of success with the current personnel. Kansas City, Carolina. Those would have been green Cinderella teams. The Niners as a wild card absolutely would not have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad