OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Why would you want a guy coming off tommy john surgery as a player coming back for our star player. Actually he'd fit in perfect around here, he already knows how to get injured and miss the whole year.
I don't think you realize how good Hoffman is... yeah he had TJ surgery, and he's been pretty good this year. He's hit like 98MPH on his FB...which means, if the Rockies get him, they'll make him throw around 90MPH with sink :sarcasm:

Would have been in contention for #1 pick last year along with Rodon, Kolek, & Aiken.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Very sad. Tulo was my favorite Rockie. It will always mystify me why alot of fanbase turned on him.

Plus...Reyes makes more money.

Even if these are the best prospects...so were Pomeranz and White. The two jokers we got from Cleveland for Ubaldo.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I guess I'm just not very hyped about a guy coming off TJ surgery at a young age.

Trust me, if you guys get Hoffman, you guys have got yourself a beaut. His stuff is just amazing, and I really do think he can be a dominant monster (think prime Verlander) if he pans out.

Gardiner Express

(base)ball is life
Jan 27, 2011
Brampton, ON
I'm really hoping we didn't give you guys one of Sanchez, Stroman, or Hoffman, easily our 3 most promising young players. But if you guys got any of those 3, you guys should be very happy.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Very sad. Tulo was my favorite Rockie. It will always mystify me why alot of fanbase turned on him.

Plus...Reyes makes more money.

Even if these are the best prospects...so were Pomeranz and White. The two jokers we got from Cleveland for Ubaldo.

I've been a fan since the beginning, I even went to the first game where EY hit that HR at Mile High, but I think I'm done with them. It's a clown show over there. There were a few blips on the radar, where it was fun to watch them, but they consistently lose and they consistently give up their best players (minus Helton). It's not fun to watch a team that has little star power and loses on a pretty much yearly basis.

I mean if they put consistent effort into getting better it'd be one thing, but they seem perfectly content to dwell in mediocrity/awfulness. This is the thing that gets me, I'm not a fair weather fan, but if the team puts no effort into getting better, why should I put effort into being a fan? It's really just depressing to watch them fail every single year.

At least my 2 favorite players are still on the team (Blackmon and Cargo), but I fear Cargo is as good as gone, which would pretty much solidify the already teetering end of me being a Rockies/Baseball fan.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The best thing I've read on twitter yet about the trade was someone asking if Bozak and a 2nd were part of the deal.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Honestly, I'll be disappointed if CarGo doesn't get traded now. His value will never be higher than this atm, they should start fresh and build around Arenado. Also, Blackmon is sooooo much better than I thought he would ever be. I believe he's like 26th in fWAR this year.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Ive been beat down long enough by people constantly telling me I'm part of the problem because I used to go to games. That if you enjoy a beautiful stadium that makes improvements that you don't care about baseball. Well I give up, I've given up. Tulo represented the last bit of magic from 07. I honestly wish they'd flip the Rockies with the Isotopes, maybe people could go to a game without feeling shame then.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I've been a fan since the beginning, I even went to the first game where EY hit that HR at Mile High, but I think I'm done with them. It's a clown show over there. There were a few blips on the radar, where it was fun to watch them, but they consistently lose and they consistently give up their best players (minus Helton). It's not fun to watch a team that has little star power and loses on a pretty much yearly basis.

I mean if they put consistent effort into getting better it'd be one thing, but they seem perfectly content to dwell in mediocrity/awfulness. This is the thing that gets me, I'm not a fair weather fan, but if the team puts no effort into getting better, why should I put effort into being a fan? It's really just depressing to watch them fail every single year.

At least my 2 favorite players are still on the team (Blackmon and Cargo), but I fear Cargo is as good as gone, which would pretty much solidify the already teetering end of me being a Rockies/Baseball fan.
I think the new core is being built around Arenado and LaMehieu. I fully expect Cargo and DLR to be gone by Friday also.

The sad thing is...rebuilding will still not keep 35,000+ from going to Coors every night.

I won't be done with Baseball but I think this may finally break me with the Rockies...all the way...

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The best thing I've read on twitter yet about the trade was someone asking if Bozak and a 2nd were part of the deal.

Got a link to it?

Anyways, apparently, you guys got Castro. I'll give you guys a rundown when more info comes and the trade is finalized and I don't have to wake up in 5.5 hours :laugh:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We all want people to stop going to the games and yet if they ever start winning again we'll get chastised for being a crappy sports town when people don't instantly go back. Were people here wishing folks would stop going to Avs games during the dark ages?

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
We all want people to stop going to the games and yet if they ever start winning again we'll get chastised for being a crappy sports town when people don't instantly go back. Were people here wishing folks would stop going to Avs games during the dark ages?
I think some were. Not as vocal though. And if you watched on TV...when the Avs got bad people did stay away.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Castro is a great prospect. Could be a starter but most likely 8th/9th inning guy. Can throw 100+.

It seems the Jays were hellbent on using him as a reliever and not stretching him out. If Castro is stretched back out, he probably won't be ready for a bit since the highest he started in was A-ball. I still do think he has nice potential, though. He wasn't very high up on my list of prospects just because he was pretty much being shoehorned into a reliever.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think the new core is being built around Arenado and LaMehieu. I fully expect Cargo and DLR to be gone by Friday also.

The sad thing is...rebuilding will still not keep 35,000+ from going to Coors every night.

I won't be done with Baseball but I think this may finally break me with the Rockies...all the way...

The only reason I'd be done with baseball is because I don't have a team to cheer for other than the Rockies. I don't think I could randomly just choose a new team, not sure who'd I'd even pick.

Gardiner Express

(base)ball is life
Jan 27, 2011
Brampton, ON
We'd appreciate that. I personally will know nothing of the guys in return. Glad you guys got Tulo and not the GD Dodgers or someone.

Castro is awesome. Very young, a lot of power. Always considered him a poor man's Aroldis Chapman. Don't know about him becoming a starter but will be the perfect 8th/9th inning guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad