OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Mammoth play @ Vancouver tomorrow night at 8 PM. Game will be live on Universal Sports Network, and if you don't get that channel it will be livestreamed for free at Universalsports.com

The Mammoth are 3-0 and the Stealth are 1-3, and we just stomped them 20-9 in Denver last weekend.

Should be good times.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Kinda surprising to hear what some of the Broncos have been saying this week. Harris and Ward tossing Del Rio under the bus and Deymarius saying that players were openly looking past Indy and some even saying the didn't want to have to go to New England.

If that stuff DT was saying is indeed accurate, it's no surprise they played the way they did.

And I dunno if Harris calling Brock Joe Flacco jr. is a put down or a compliment.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Kinda surprising to hear what some of the Broncos have been saying this week. Harris and Ward tossing Del Rio under the bus and Deymarius saying that players were openly looking past Indy and some even saying the didn't want to have to go to New England.

If that stuff DT was saying is indeed accurate, it's no surprise they played the way they did.

And I dunno if Harris calling Brock Joe Flacco jr. is a put down or a compliment.

I read that about New England and was thinking WTF. Sure I as a fan didn't want to go up there but as a player??? Wow.

What dis they say about del rio?

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I read that about New England and was thinking WTF. Sure I as a fan didn't want to go up there but as a player??? Wow.

What dis they say about del rio?

Yeah that NE stuff is powerful. Alfred Williams and Chad Brown were flabbergasted.

They were basically doing what we do, blaming him for not rushing Luck more, for not playing Harris on Indys best WR and for making no adjustments. Ward seemed to indicate Del Rio was keeping him from playing "his" game this season, that they put him in a different role and just stopped short of saying Del Rio was already outfittng his office in Oakland. The Fan should have the interview up on their site. He starts to clam up some near the end but it was good.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I know that Gase had 3 interviews on that Friday before the game. I mean the guy was basically already checked out.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Frankly I'm surprised at the momentum TD picked up this year and it maybe a case of Bettis being in the conversation longer.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Wow, that is interesting. The New England thing is a bit mind-blowing.

After thinking this through for awhile, I think the UFA keep list is DThomas first, then Knighton. If they have to choose between Knighton and JThomas, keep the former. Tough call, but I think that's the better one.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Wow, that is interesting. The New England thing is a bit mind-blowing.

After thinking this through for awhile, I think the UFA keep list is DThomas first, then Knighton. If they have to choose between Knighton and JThomas, keep the former. Tough call, but I think that's the better one.

If you look at the play in which the Broncos season effectively ended, the 4th down play where CJ makes a great individual effort to get the first down but came up a foot short, J Thomas was in a position to throw a key block that could have cleared a path for CJ to get a first. And he literally ran away from it. Granted the Broncos were losing that game anyway and the quit level was pretty widespread on the team, but it it's hard to make a case that J Thomas should be a priority when you see that kind of effort with the season on the line.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I think I'm gonna root for New England tonight.
I'd assume the name comes from the English people who settled there.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It's pretty ridiculous the level of dysfunction, quit and misery on a freaking TWELVE and four team. I mean really.

I agree.

But I would say that it is extremely possible that a lot of the players--mainly the ones who know that no matter what, they'll have jobs next year (with the Broncos or elsewhere)--felt that their coaches had just given up...and given that within 1-2 weeks of their season being over JDR, Gase and Fox ALL found new jobs. I think that speaks more to the fact that the coaches and their unprofessionalism on their way out.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I decided I'm rooting for New England. Not because of the teams but because one of my best friends went to the game last year and was heckled to death by Seahawks fans. I want all of them to feel the burn of paying 5,000+ dollars for a ticket only to see your team fail. Would put it into perspective and maybe mature their fan base a little; they need it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Seahawks will only be good for a few more years and then what does Seattle have? A crappy baseball team? The people of Boston don't care, they'll just hop on to the next winner.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The Seahawks will only be good for a few more years and then what does Seattle have? A crappy baseball team? The people of Boston don't care, they'll just hop on to the next winner.

You just described why people genuinely dislike the Seahawks and their fans...a vast number of them are extreme bandwagon fans.

Believe it or not, there are Boston sports fans that live and die by the team they follow--myself with the Red Sox for example (admittedly do not care a bit about the others).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad