OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Managed to make my way over to the open today and it was pretty awesome. I was sat in a grandstand by the 18th for the finish so saw everyone come in. I felt for sure Speith was gonna win it all day and when he birdied 16 I was convinced. Didn't see him dropping a shot on the last two but hey I guess he is human after all.

I'm from England but am spending some time in Glasgow at the moment. The weather pushing it to an extra day coincided with a public holiday in Glasgow so I made the trip. It took a couple a good couple of hours but was definitely worth it, St Andrews was awesome.

That's awesome dude. I have a good buddy from Newfoundland who is going to school over there and he went to see it as well.

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
Yeah I was so lucky with how it all turned out. When the opportunity came I couldn't turn down the chance to watch guys like Speith in the final round of the open. Scotland's a great place I'd been on holiday before but this is my first time spending any significant time here and I'm enjoying it, even if the weather is absolutely shocking. There was a good crowd of north Americans there, pretty cool to see people visiting a small city in Scotland.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I forgot this is the season that the Nuggets can swap picks with the Knicks and no Stern to fix the lottery!

It would be great to burn them on the Carmelo trade.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
17 game hitting streak for LeMahieu.

Batting average is up to .318. Two hits, a walk, two RBI, a run scored, and a ricidulous play in the field through six innings tonight. Making the Cubs regret trading him. We traded Ian Stewart and Casey Weathers for Tyler Colvin and LeMahieu. One of the rare times we won a trade in a landslide.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Has to be all prospects, right? If Toronto is going for it can't give up much.

Personally better than the Mets or something IMO. I can wish him success in Toronto but it's a joke that it's come to this. An absolute joke.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I'll be pissed if there's no Hoffman.

This fanbase treated Tulo like ****, I hope he gets lots of love from the Jays' fans.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Whats the point of even being a Rockies fan anymore? They always trade the best players for garbage and continue to suck. I don't get why I keep caring.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Leave it to the Rockies to trade one of the games top 10 players and only get table scraps in return...Jose Reyes is awful and who cares who the minor leaguers are, the Blue Jays have a terrible minor league system not one prospect in the top 10.

I was an advocate for trading Tulo but I fully expected a big name young pitcher coming back, and its not happen with this trade.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Leave it to the Rockies to trade one of the games top 10 players and only get table scraps in return...Jose Reyes is awful and who cares who the minor leaguers are, the Blue Jays have a terrible minor league system not one prospect in the top 10.

I was an advocate for trading Tulo but I fully expected a big name young pitcher coming back, and its not happen with this trade.
I see you're not familiar with the Jays' system.

Whats the point of even being a Rockies fan anymore? They always trade the best players for garbage and continue to suck. I don't get why I keep caring.
This is news to me, when did this happen?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I see you're not familiar with the Jays' system.

This is news to me, when did this happen?

The Rockies have a significantly better minor league system than the Jays and that's saying something as the Rockies aren't exactly loaded save their many high end 1st round picks.

I'd be willing to bet that the Rockies didn't even land Norris, the only player worth having, the rest are just going to be ancillary pieces nothing special.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
The Rockies have a significantly better minor league system than the Jays and that's saying something as the Rockies aren't exactly loaded save their many high end 1st round picks.

I'd be willing to bet that the Rockies didn't even land Norris, the only player worth having, the rest are just going to be ancillary pieces nothing special.

Rockies' farm system is pretty good, obviously not like Astros or Cubs, but still damn good.

But like I said, I'll be pissed if we don't get Hoffman in the deal. Stroman would be interesting, same with Sanchez, but I want Hoffman damn it.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Now I'm going to be especially pissed off if they decide to go ahead and trade Cargo as well. Let's get rid of all our good players and get nothing in return.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Rockies' farm system is pretty good, obviously not like Astros or Cubs, but still damn good.

But like I said, I'll be pissed if we don't get Hoffman in the deal. Stroman would be interesting, same with Sanchez, but I want Hoffman damn it.

Why would you want a guy coming off tommy john surgery as a player coming back for our star player. Actually he'd fit in perfect around here, he already knows how to get injured and miss the whole year.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

:laugh: you don't know anything about the Jays system then. Hoffman is easily our best prospect and we have good top tier talent our system just isn't deep in talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad