Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Interesting article about how some front offices in the NBA are maneuvering in a league clearly tilted toward two powerhouse teams right now. First guy mentioned? Masai Ujiri.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-free-agency-front-office-market-inefficiency-fd37df2409e5

I can't speak as to what kind of job he's done in Toronto, but I still feel like the Nuggets lost out on something big simply because they didn't want to pony up a fraction of the money they pay their players.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Man the NBA CBA confuses the hell outta me. I've no idea how it works.

How do waivers even work? They obviously don't go to the DL or anything.

They basically cut him because he is old and sucks now. Was a great player though. He's not hurt. Dunno his exact contract details but likely the extra year, this year, wasn't guaranteed or was a club option.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Interesting article about how some front offices in the NBA are maneuvering in a league clearly tilted toward two powerhouse teams right now. First guy mentioned? Masai Ujiri.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-free-agency-front-office-market-inefficiency-fd37df2409e5

I can't speak as to what kind of job he's done in Toronto, but I still feel like the Nuggets lost out on something big simply because they didn't want to pony up a fraction of the money they pay their players.

I dunno. Obviously it's better to be a raptors fan than a nuggets fan right now. Since winning a playoff series is better than not being in the playoffs. But the raptors season is guaranteed to end quickly when they met the Cavs and probably if when they meet the Celtics.

They might not even make the playoffs if they played in the west.

The NBA is basically dead at least until Lebron's contract is up. Then it will be interesting. As for the nuggets they are stuck in no mans land of not being terrible and not being good. And they aren't a destination for free agents.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I dunno. Obviously it's better to be a raptors fan than a nuggets fan right now. Since winning a playoff series is better than not being in the playoffs. But the raptors season is guaranteed to end quickly when they met the Cavs and probably if when they meet the Celtics.

The NBA is basically dead at least until Lebron's contract is up. Then it will be interesting. As for the nuggets they are stuck in no mans land of not being terrible and not being good. And they aren't a destination for free agents.

Could not disagree more. I grew up watching the NBA in the 80s, arguably that league's greatest era. So much talent and so much good basketball, yet the landscape was dominated by two iconic teams no one could even touch, but that didn't take away from the sheer enjoyment of watching the games.

The Nuggets were competitive while not necessarily being contenders. They at least were a fun team to watch and made the playoffs more often than not (at least I believe so, too lazy to look it up). Everyone knew they stood zero chance against teams like Boston and L.A., didn't matter. While I'm a little annoyed at superstar players continually colluding with one another to build these mega-teams, that doesn't mean everyone else just has to give up. You can still put forth a good product that people will pay to see, and maybe finds its way to the promised land in the future.

Nuggets appear to have made some decent moves this offseason, finally moving on from the oft-injured Gallinari and making what looks like a pretty solid front court. Unfortunately this is the first real front office deftness I've witnessed from the Nuggets in a really, really long time. I feel like if Ujiri were still in charge moves like these would be the exception rather than the rule.

I like the concept of "front office skill." Does KSE value such things? Based on what I'm witnessing from the two local teams they own, the answer would be no.

member 116861

hahaha GTFO. The Raptors would destroy the Celtics in a playoff series.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Could not disagree more. I grew up watching the NBA in the 80s, arguably that league's greatest era. So much talent and so much good basketball, yet the landscape was dominated by two iconic teams no one could even touch, but that didn't take away from the sheer enjoyment of watching the games.

The Nuggets were competitive while not necessarily being contenders. They at least were a fun team to watch and made the playoffs more often than not (at least I believe so, too lazy to look it up). Everyone knew they stood zero chance against teams like Boston and L.A., didn't matter. While I'm a little annoyed at superstar players continually colluding with one another to build these mega-teams, that doesn't mean everyone else just has to give up. You can still put forth a good product that people will pay to see, and maybe finds its way to the promised land in the future.

Nuggets appear to have made some decent moves this offseason, finally moving on from the oft-injured Gallinari and making what looks like a pretty solid front court. Unfortunately this is the first real front office deftness I've witnessed from the Nuggets in a really, really long time. I feel like if Ujiri were still in charge moves like these would be the exception rather than the rule.

I like the concept of "front office skill." Does KSE value such things? Based on what I'm witnessing from the two local teams they own, the answer would be no.

I think the Nuggets are on the right track to be like the old Nuggets level. (For what it's worth the Nuggets in the 80s were probably the peak of the franchise. 5 playoff series wins. two division titles) Although the Nuggets in the 00s had a 10 year playoff streak and 3 division titles they only had one year where they didn't get bounced in the first round.

With Nikola Jokic, Jamal Murray and Hernangomez this is a team that will probably be a playoff team which is obviously better than nothing, but there's zero hope they go anywhere in the playoffs.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
hahaha GTFO. The Raptors would destroy the Celtics in a playoff series.

notsure-1.jpg

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
watching the Celtics-Lakers ESPN documentary thing

Basketball seems to actually have always been an oddball sport. Credit David Stern for really making the NBA relevant.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Should DFA LeMahieu for the sunglasses inside + that hat combo

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Cilic becomes the first Croatian tennis player to make the Wimbledon finals since Ivanisevic in 2001. Hopefully he finishes the job against Roger or Berdych.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I can't believe that Roger still has it in him to play at that level. He had the dip a few years back but he still is finding his way into finals years later.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Cilic becomes the first Croatian tennis player to make the Wimbledon finals since Ivanisevic in 2001. Hopefully he finishes the job against Roger or Berdych.

Disgusted by this comment. Fed FTW. Although Cilic beat him in the US finals...

I can't believe that Roger still has it in him to play at that level. He had the dip a few years back but he still is finding his way into finals years later.

I've followed his career very closely since he started coming up through the ranks and he is playing just as well as he ever has...at 35 years of age! The man is just such a beast I don't know how anyone could hate on him. No chance Nadal ever catches him in Slams, especially if he wins this one, IMO. I always knew the top guns couldn't hold onto their reigns as long as Fed, particularly Nadal. He's damn good when he's on but his type of game I always knew would break him down eventually. Let's go Fed!!!

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
They should've traded CarGo when they still had a chance. It was stupid to wait.
At this point, CarGo is better off as defensive replacement late in the game. I don't know wtf happened to Tapia's defense, he was considered good in the minors.

Rockies never rebuilded when they should have years ago and always had a team that had 81 wins as their ceiling. Most times they didn't become close to that at all. Luckily for them, their scouting and development in the minor league is one of the best, can't say the same with the major league team.

I'm a huge Jeff Hoffman fan, but could you imagine what the Rockies could have gotten if they decided to trade Tulo after 2014 season? He slashed .340/.432/.603 170 wRC+, only 91 games but that's Trout territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille